Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-12-2020, 08:36 AM

7,511 posts, read 4,352,988 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisC View Post
That's about all there is left, I suppose. But remember, God helps those who help themselves.

Sadly, you're right. They don't have a good track records. Come to think of it, there really isn't any form of government that has had a good track record--obviously, some worse than others. What that means to me is that it is not necessarily the form of government that is defective (of course, some certainly are), but the people running the government who are defective. And of course, the defectives who allowed it to get to that point.
Damn, you're good, again very well said!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-12-2020, 08:38 AM

8,299 posts, read 3,811,388 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by james112 View Post
How is it dangerous to have states obey the Constitution? That's all TX was asking for.

Say if FL wrote a state law that mandated FL citizens send their federal taxes to Tallahassee, not US Treasury. You bet other states would sue.
Which state isn't following the US Constitution?

If FL wrote a state law that mandated FL citizens send their federal taxes to Tallahassee, other states aren't going to sue. The federal government will get involved.

Old 12-12-2020, 08:40 AM

26,569 posts, read 14,444,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CALGUY View Post
It was a RECKLESS, AND DANGEROUS PRECEDENT set by the supreme court today, ....

if you sincerely believe this then i recommend hiring a lawyer for an hour ( national average $380 ) and have them explain to you the SCOTUS' decision. this suit was labeled dead in the water by legal experts on both sides of the political spectrum before the supremes' decision came down.

Old 12-12-2020, 08:43 AM

1,768 posts, read 567,778 times
Lol.

Y’all were gushing over Brett and Amy - strict constitutionalists you said! I guess “strict constitutionalist†means something different when the decisions are not what you want?

Ah, the fickle heart of a Trumper.

Old 12-12-2020, 08:46 AM

2,304 posts, read 2,962,618 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CALGUY View Post
Perhaps you don't take the constitution, or this country seriously, But I do.
The constitution, not voter fraud was on trial today, and those responsible for upholding the rules written into the constitution disavowed their sworn oath to uphold and protect the constitution.
I shutter to think what will happen in the courts of this country because of this decision.
I believe the justices of the Supreme Court are far more acquainted with and students of the Constitution than you.

Old 12-12-2020, 08:48 AM

7,685 posts, read 6,195,293 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ABQSunseeker View Post
I believe the justices of the Supreme Court are far more acquainted with and students of the Constitution than you.

They may be, but other influences that we don't know may be at play IMO.

Old 12-12-2020, 08:48 AM

3,677 posts, read 2,560,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vcnghm View Post
This country as we know it is gone....... It is being transformed into communism....

I fear for the safety of the people of the USA that these evil people want to hurt......

This is not the world I was born into....
Thank you Jesus, I'm am so glad it is not the world you were born into. I think that is the big problem people are really having.

This "leave it to beaver" all white, Christian, male dominate bs fantasy world that pretty much only benefited one group of people should have been destroyed decades ago.

Old 12-12-2020, 08:49 AM

16,072 posts, read 21,148,356 times
LOL, 'Shutter' away. I worry for this country too. I didn't realize until this year just how rampant full blown idiocy and paranoia has become in this country.

Old 12-12-2020, 08:50 AM

7,685 posts, read 6,195,293 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eliza61nyc View Post
Thank you Jesus, I'm am so glad it is not the world you were born into. I think that is the big problem people are really having.

This "leave it to beaver" all white, Christian, male dominate bs fantasy world that pretty much only benefited one group of people should have been destroyed decades ago.

Will you please kindly stop making this about race when the poster IMO didn't mean that.

We all will be getting what is coming to us, and it's not good IMO.

Old 12-12-2020, 08:50 AM

38,936 posts, read 23,894,142 times
Dangerous precedent? Hah. The issue was that Texas wanted to undo election law changes because they didn't get a Republican in the White House. Texas has no standing to force another state to do its will. This was why Texas broke away and joined the Confederacy in 1861. They didn't want other states or the federal government telling them they can't use slave labor anymore. This time the state wanted states that changed election laws due to a pandemic to what Texas had was unconstitutional. Where was this any previous year? It sounds more like sore loser-ism. The decent opinion even said the case should only been heard, not that it was a travesty that the change in laws happened.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies