Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-16-2020, 12:31 PM

14,848 posts, read 8,201,702 times

Advertisements

This woman is an idiot, and her critics are idiots. Another day in America.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-16-2020, 02:13 PM

13,648 posts, read 20,766,078 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NigerianNightmare View Post
You’ve said this multiple times and it doesn’t make sense. Howard is not shooting for the 12% black population and never had. White students have always been allowed to apply to Howard. Howard has the same pool of people as Harvard, it’s just that some black students go out of their way to choose Howard. If 90% of students applying to Howard were white tomorrow, Guess what, it would be a white school. Your acting like Howard throws white, Asian and Hispanic names in the garbage. They don’t... Anyone can apply there at any time regardless of race. The history is what makes it an HBCU not current restrictive policies. HBCUs don’t need to change with the times because they were always the non-racist Universities. What HBCUs have realized is that they can’t continue to draw a similar sized community from a relatively shrinking pool of black applicants so they’ve gone out of their way to reach out to other races but it wasn’t like other races didn’t have an equal chance of getting into most HBCUs, they just decided against it most of the time.
No, that is incorrect and you need to tone down your hyperbole

Howard is an HCBU and proudly proclaims that. As such, it's target market is African-Americans. African Americans are 12% of the population. So they are targeting a relatively small sector of potential students.

Nobody, let alone me, said anything about them restricting others- INDEED I SHARED A STORY ABOUT A WHITE GUY I KNEW WHO ATTENDED THERE WHICH YOU EITHER DID NOT READ OR ARE CONVENIENTLY IGNORING.

Howard cannot restrict who goes there. That would be illegal. And it neither needs to or wants to. Howard remains a big draw for African-American college students. So it goes.

None the less, Howard does not have a significant non-African American population. Personally, I could care less, but it seems to stoke something in you.

Old 12-16-2020, 05:43 PM

3,071 posts, read 3,222,300 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
Born and raised in the Deep South, most white people I know genuinely believe white people arent allowed at HBCUs at all.

Its a common misconception.
I think MOST of them know better but are just looking for something to be mad about.

Old 12-16-2020, 06:21 PM

2,540 posts, read 1,032,641 times
Her future, her choice where she wants to go. If she feels "unwelcome", she has the choice of leaving too.

Old 12-16-2020, 06:30 PM

20,093 posts, read 8,995,406 times
not a college that's going to give you an edge in securing a job.

Old 12-16-2020, 08:11 PM

15,292 posts, read 7,752,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skeddy View Post
not a college that's going to give you an edge in securing a job.
I think a Spelman degree actually might help her find work in the expanding Diversity, Equity and Inclusion industry. Having gone to a black college will give her credibility, and a leg up as she competes with all the other woke young white women for jobs telling other whites what they have to do to not be considered racist.

Old 12-17-2020, 12:41 AM

15,064 posts, read 6,166,377 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kavalier View Post
HBCUs are interesting. Kamala Harris went to arguably the best one...and she couldn't even pass the Bar exam. I bet the standards at HBCUs aren't that high.
What a stupid comment. Kamala Harris did not attend Howard for law school and Howard Law has a solid reputation, especially in the DC area.

Further, if Kamala Harris couldn’t pass the bar, how did she practice? She passed it the second time, which is not uncommon for California. California is the hardest bar. The passage rate is only 50 percent.

Old 12-17-2020, 09:53 AM

10,098 posts, read 4,082,562 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReineDeCoeur View Post
What a stupid comment. Kamala Harris did not attend Howard for law school and Howard Law has a solid reputation, especially in the DC area.

Further, if Kamala Harris couldn’t pass the bar, how did she practice? She passed it the second time, which is not uncommon for California. California is the hardest bar. The passage rate is only 50 percent.
She's a low IQ, race hustling piece of garbage. She likely went to the low standard Howard just so she could up her woke street cred.

Acting like she was a "victim". Please. Her ancestors were the definition of PRIVILEGE in their s---hole countries before they came here to suck off of Western civilization.

Old 12-18-2020, 12:09 PM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 16 days ago)

29,543 posts, read 16,524,552 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pandorafan5687 View Post
I think MOST of them know better but are just looking for something to be mad about.
Honestly, I dont think HBCU are ever discussed0 in high school civil rights history. So they honestly have no idea of what they are.

They believe the BS they see on line, they believe they are "safe spaces" white people arent allowed in

Old 12-18-2020, 03:09 PM

1,680 posts, read 1,791,418 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kavalier View Post
She's a low IQ, race hustling piece of garbage. She likely went to the low standard Howard just so she could up her woke street cred.

Acting like she was a "victim". Please. Her ancestors were the definition of PRIVILEGE in their s---hole countries before they came here to suck off of Western civilization.
May you divulge her IQ score?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies