Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-12-2020, 09:37 AM

29,433 posts, read 14,618,885 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban_Guy View Post
As always, idiots want to inconvenience and harass drivers, you face the consequences. The driver did the correct thing in these situations, last thing you want is the mob to pull you out of your car and maim/kill you.

One thing I thought intriguing is that this protest was against ICE and supporting detainees on a hunger strike. BLM may be changing their strategy and slowly starting to worm their way into bringing 'Brown' people into the mix (I saw a few name dropping references to Brown people on the BLM websites).

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...matter-protest
At :16 into the video, the car approaches the intersection cautiously. It looks like something made the driver panic. The solution is simple. Stop blocking streets for your protests.

https://youtu.be/mGib65ScxcI
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-12-2020, 09:37 AM

2,634 posts, read 2,675,511 times
Why isn’t anyone speaking out against these large gatherings during a pandemic? Where’s the outrage from the science-believing left?

There’s not much info to go on in this case, but my guess from seeing other “peaceful” protests and the footage available from this incident is that the car was probably surrounded pretty quickly by “peaceful” protestors and didn’t have an opportunity to turn around.

Being the nice “peaceful” people that they are, in the video, I see them chucking bicycles at the car. No doubt to help redirect the car to a safe location out of harm’s way.

It’s ironic that half the time we find out that these cars are driven by registered Biden-believing Democrats who support BLM and were just trying to get home. The protesters attack first and ask no questions later, which doesn’t leave the driver a lot of options. They’re stuck trying to make their way through a crowd slamming bicycles on their car, standing in front of it pounding on the hood, breaking windows with sledgehammers, etc.

Old 12-12-2020, 09:39 AM

39,848 posts, read 26,477,889 times
I hope the driver wasn't hurt in the incident and her car not badly damaged. These stupid rioters really should learn not to play in traffic, attack people, and to respect the rights of others. They do seem to be rather slow learners.

Old 12-12-2020, 09:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dark Enlightenment View Post
If this is the same incident then no, the driver is a crazed loon and definitely did not do the correct thing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mGib65ScxcI
The crazed loons are the ones playing in the street, tempting fate with multiple ton vehicles. Humans are squishy meat bags, vehicles are not.

Old 12-12-2020, 09:44 AM

77,005 posts, read 47,592,894 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganmoon View Post
It is disingenuous to Moderator cut: _ ignore facts like a protestor was hitting the car. When people breaking laws surround a car, start hitting a car, things like this happen.
Moderator cut: _ I saw the video and didn't see anyone hitting anything. There were TONS of cops around, which is why the driver is under arrest and not the people she ran over.

Last edited by Oldhag1; 12-12-2020 at 12:40 PM.. Reason: Discuss the topic only

Old 12-12-2020, 09:45 AM
gg

26,137 posts, read 25,954,579 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
Who knows what the driver was thinking or what their background could be. Imagine a guy suffering from PTSD is suddenly surrounded by angry people waving signs and overwhelming fear kicks in the fight or flight mode. There could also be drugs involved but who knows.

What most of us do know, because it is common sense, is to stay out of the road.

If you play in traffic you might get hit by a car and a card board sign is not going to help you.
I agree. There is never enough information to understand what is going on. People need to stop being lawless like these damn protesters. They keep pushing their luck and sometimes someone will get scared, go nuts, have a breakdown or whatever and just want to flee regardless of the situation. You can't keep pressing people especially during this year long pandemic. My advice is get out of the damn roadways unless you are legally crossing the street in a crosswalk. People are tired of the lawlessness in these anti-cop democratic run cities!

Old 12-12-2020, 09:48 AM

39,848 posts, read 26,477,889 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrozenI69 View Post
Was it really so hard to take a U turn and use another route . That’s what I would do if I saw a protest a thousand feet away. NYC has a parallel road network, so it’s possible to go another way.
Is it really so hard not to riot in the middle of the street? To NOT try to attack someone, drag them from their car and beat or kill them? To actually respect the rights of others?

Old 12-12-2020, 09:49 AM

18,425 posts, read 8,256,472 times
she didn't hit anyone that broke her windshield like that....

Old 12-12-2020, 09:52 AM

14,479 posts, read 11,272,235 times
Get out of the street you bunch of emotionally crippled a--holes!

That is all I have to say.

Old 12-12-2020, 09:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Moderator cut: _ I saw the video and didn't see anyone hitting anything. There were TONS of cops around, which is why the driver is under arrest and not the people she ran over.
What I saw was a car slowly pulling up to an intersection, with people walking/running towards it. Then the car took off at a high rate of speed. From the angle of the video, none of us can see what happened on the other side of the vehicle. It's obvious this person panicked, for whatever reason. It did not look intentional, had they never slowed down, then it would look intentional.

We are all just speculated though, unless one of us was actually there. Detaining the driver is just standard procedure I would think.

Last edited by Oldhag1; 12-12-2020 at 12:40 PM.. Reason: Edited quote
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies