Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-13-2020, 03:20 PM

26,660 posts, read 13,730,981 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roboteer View Post
And if the govt regulations include "We recommend that you keep wearing a mask".....??

Once my family and I get the vaccine, that's one govt recommendation I'll politely decline to "follow", since there's no longer any reason for it and the masks are annoying and useless.
Except we don’t yet know if the vaccine can prevent transmission or just symptoms. You could be asymptomatic and spreading it to everyone you come into contact with. Isn’t that why we’e told to wear masks even if we don’ feel sick?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-13-2020, 03:23 PM

6,675 posts, read 4,274,087 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissTerri View Post
Except we don’t yet know if the vaccine can prevent transmission or just symptoms. You could be asymptomatic and spreading it to everyone you come into contact with. Isn’t that why we’e told to wear masks even if we don’ feel sick?
That’s why people should be vaccinated. After the vaccine, the mask comes off.

Old 12-13-2020, 03:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by UrbanQuest View Post
Yeah you are. Vaccine “prevents symptoms and makes the vaccinated into asymptomatic superspreaders”. What are you talking about?!?!?

Vaccine definition: a substance used to stimulate the production of antibodies and provide immunity against one or several diseases, prepared from the causative agent of a disease, its products, or a synthetic substitute, treated to act as an antigen without inducing the disease.

We do know a lot about viruses and vaccines, or else the worlds population would likely be half of what it is now.

And for the tests; the rapid tests are like 50% accurate depending on the severity of the infection and amount of virus present. This misinformation about 30% accuracy for the regular tests is dangerous nonsense. If you don’t know what your talking about, then for gods sake; SHUT UP!!!

This is a very new type of vaccine.

What I said is true. https://www.washington.edu/news/2020...till-critical/

Quote:
But these messenger RNA (mRNA) vaccines may not prevent people from getting infected or spreading the virus.

Answering questions around how vaccines affect transmission of the virus is “of obvious importance” and research will be conducted once people begin getting vaccinated, Corey writes in a new COVID-19 Vaccine Matters blog jointly produced by Johns Hopkins University and the UW. But we all must still wear masks, physically distance, wash our hands frequently, and avoid large gatherings — even when most people have been vaccinated.

“If vaccinated individuals are capable of transmitting infection,” Corey writes, “then anybody who is not vaccinated fares no differently before than after the introduction of a COVID-19 vaccine.

Just so you know, other vaccines such as the pertussis vaccine have this problem. https://www.mdedge.com/chestphysicia...d-asymptomatic

Next time, you might want to consider doing some research before telling people to “shut up”.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike930 View Post
That’s why people should be vaccinated. After the vaccine, the mask comes off.
Nope. See the above article.

Old 12-13-2020, 03:32 PM

Quote:
This is a very new type of vaccine.

What I said is true. https://www.washington.edu/news/2020...till-critical/

Just so you know, other vaccines such as the pertussis vaccine have this problem. https://www.mdedge.com/chestphysicia...d-asymptomatic

Next time, you might want to consider doing some research before telling people to “shut up”.

Nope. See the above article.
Nope. Once enough time has passed to allow everyone to take the vaccine, my mask will be off. After that, the only time I’ll wear it is when a private business like a supermarket requires it for entry.

Other than that, no. I’ll ignore any government mandate to wear it.

Old 12-13-2020, 03:34 PM

Quote:
Nope. Once enough time has passed to allow everyone to take the vaccine, my mask will be off. After that, the only time I’ll wear it is when a private business like a supermarket requires it for entry.

Other than that, no. I’ll ignore any government mandate to wear it.
You could be spreading covid asymptotically. Don’t you care about the people around you?

To be honest. I don’t really care. But that’s been the argument all this time. We must wear our masks to protect others.....

Do what you want. That is if the government lets you. . But you also have to let others do what they want too.

Old 12-13-2020, 03:37 PM

Quote:
You could be spreading covid asymptotically. Don’t you care about the people around you?
I said I’d wait until there was enough time for everyone to be vaccinated. After that, it’s on them. They may refuse to take the vaccine, but they have to be prepared to face the consequences. This is one of them.

I’m not going to wear a mask permanently because of some selfish anti-vaxxers. That’s their problem.

I’m fine allowing people to do what they want. I don’t believe it should be mandatory, but they have to face consequences, such as no in person school for kids (once it’s available for them). Employers have a right to demand proof as a condition of employment.

Old 12-13-2020, 03:39 PM

Quote:
I said I’d wait until there was enough time for everyone to be vaccinated. After that, it’s on them. They may refuse to take the vaccine, but they have to be prepared to face the consequences. This is one of them.

I’m not going to wear a mask permanently because of some selfish anti-vaxxers. That’s their problem.
Lol, yet you feel no shame about possibly spreading covid asymptotically to others. You might kill someone who is immunocompromised yet you blame “anti-vaxxers” when your’e essentially putting people at just as much risk as they are. How can you not see this?

Old 12-13-2020, 03:42 PM

25,693 posts, read 12,772,161 times
Should people that have tested postive for the C-19 anti-bodies also be exampted from masks? They could just display their result on a credit card sized plastic necklace that has a pic of a mask with a circle and line through it on 1 side, and the test result, testing place, date on the other.

Old 12-13-2020, 03:46 PM

Quote:
Lol, yet you feel no shame about possibly spreading covid asymptotically to others. You might kill someone who is immunocompromised yet you blame “anti-vaxxers” when your’e essentially putting people at just as much risk as they are. How can you not see this?
The problem is people like you trying to force regular people to conform to how you want it to be. You don’t want to take the vaccine, so everyone else should bow to your needs.

Sorry, it doesn’t work like that. If you’re immunocompromised, you need to take your own precautions, not try to force everyone else to bow to your wants or needs.

If you don’t want to get it, take the vaccine or stay home. Simple as that.

Old 12-13-2020, 03:47 PM

157 posts, read 92,886 times
Quote:
I see his point, though. If enough time has passed for everyone to get the vaccine, and there are those who choose not to get the vaccine, that's on them. I'd like to think that there wouldn't be a government mandate at that time to wear masks in the first place.

ETA: BUT, until that time.....masks.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies