Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-12-2020, 05:43 PM

26,211 posts, read 19,525,255 times

Advertisements

Can you even imagine the vitriol he would spew if he clearly won this election and Joe Biden (or Hillary in 2016) refused to concede and invented one dangerous conspiracy theory after another and refused to concede their loss?

It takes me back to 2003, and Republicans insisting we invade and occupy Iraq, a country with no known ties to international terrorism, and absolutely nothing to do with the attacks of September 11th, 2001. Yet Republicans continually pushed the lie that Saddam had something to do with 9/11, and even after being thoroughly debunked, many Republicans still believed the lies.

Now we have a Republican administration at it again, pushing more egregious and dangerous lies into the public domain, and many Republicans are not sophisticated enough to know that the Republican Party is the party of lies. And they'll believe these lies, just like they did after a disastrous invasion and occupation of Iraq.

Old 12-12-2020, 08:36 PM

3,973 posts, read 5,772,573 times
[Funny that I posted a similar thread a few days ago asking how would Trump and the Republicans feel if Biden fired off lawsuit after lawsuit at them for fraudulently stealing his votes. A CDF Moderator removed the whole thread claiming it had become too inflammatory. Hopefully he doesn't do it to your thread]

Anyways Trump has never been the one to stand down to anyone so of course he and Biden (or Hillary) would have gotten into a virtual shouting match. The smart thing would be to present evidence to the courts to show that he had indeed won and he likely would have done that but he wouldn't have kept his temper in check either. As to the rest of the Republicans, I'm sure there would also have been major conflicts between them and the Democrats to the point of making Congress dysfunctional.

Old 12-12-2020, 08:56 PM

34,300 posts, read 15,656,546 times
China Joe did lose but its being covered up with fraud !!!

Old 12-12-2020, 09:01 PM

28 posts, read 14,120 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phma View Post
I just shot milk out of my nose. Thanks for the laugh.

Old 12-12-2020, 09:14 PM

6,116 posts, read 3,347,968 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
Can you even imagine the vitriol he would spew if he clearly won this election and Joe Biden (or Hillary in 2016) refused to concede and invented one dangerous conspiracy theory after another and refused to concede their loss?

It takes me back to 2003, and Republicans insisting we invade and occupy Iraq, a country with no known ties to international terrorism, and absolutely nothing to do with the attacks of September 11th, 2001. Yet Republicans continually pushed the lie that Saddam had something to do with 9/11, and even after being thoroughly debunked, many Republicans still believed the lies.

Now we have a Republican administration at it again, pushing more egregious and dangerous lies into the public domain, and many Republicans are not sophisticated enough to know that the Republican Party is the party of lies. And they'll believe these lies, just like they did after a disastrous invasion and occupation of Iraq.
While I agree that Saddam had no link to 9/11 and Al Qaeda, that is laughable to say that Iraq had no known ties to international terrorism.

Just to name one: funding suicide bombers in Gaza and the West Bank

Just FYI, only one of the 2020 presidential candidates (Biden or Trump) actually voted on the Senate floor in favor of the Iraq War. I’ll let you guess which one.

That unnamed candidate’s reason for voting in favor of the Iraq War: “He (Saddam) violated every single commitment he made”.

Old 12-12-2020, 09:15 PM

6,104 posts, read 2,727,097 times
Trump and his flowers would call him a sore loser and and his supporters snowflakes laugh them off this forum.

Old 12-12-2020, 09:17 PM

6,104 posts, read 2,727,097 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phma View Post
Only to those in MAGA land not those on planet earth

Old 12-12-2020, 09:20 PM

26,211 posts, read 19,525,255 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WK91 View Post
While I agree that Saddam had no link to 9/11 and Al Qaeda, that is laughable to say that Iraq had no known ties to international terrorism.

Just to name one: funding suicide bombers in Gaza and the West Bank
Actually, he wasn't funding suicide bombers, he was making payments to the families. And if you call that the smoking gun, I've got the Great Mosque of Mecca to sell you. I'll give you a great deal on it, too.

As far as "voting for the Iraq war", the resolution was a list of sanctions on Iraq, which included, at the very end, the use of force, if sanctions failed. A fairly transparent cover for their intention, which should have been crystal clear to everyone from the start. Karl Rove scheduled the vote for the middle of October, 2002, weeks before the election, to make sure anyone voting against it in the post 9/11 environment, a year removed from the attacks, would have to answer for it in the midterm elections.

I agree that any Democrat who voted in favor of that resolution was stupid, and that includes Biden. You never, ever trust a Republican.

Old 12-12-2020, 09:28 PM

6,116 posts, read 3,347,968 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
Actually, he wasn't funding suicide bombers, he was making payments to the families. And if you call that the smoking gun, I've got the Great Mosque of Makkah to sell you. I'll give you a great deal on it, too.

As far as "voting for the Iraq war", the resolution was a list of sanctions on Iraq, which included, at the very end, the use of force, if sanctions failed. A fairly transparent cover for their intention, which should have been clear from the start. Karl Rove scheduled the vote for the middle of October, 2002, weeks before the election, to make sure anyone voting against it in the post 9/11 environment would have to answer for it in the midterm elections.

I agree that any Democrat who voted in favor of that resolution was stupid, and that includes Biden. You never, ever trust a Republican.
That’s a whole lot of spin right there.

When you offer a payment for a successful suicide bombing, and the families know about the payoff before you even attempt the bombing, is that not de facto funding for suicide bombers?

As far as Biden, he knew full well what he was voting for and he wanted Saddam removed. This idiot Biden even tried to go back and clean up his support for the War. Even the left leaning fact checkers didn’t fall for his BS.

Old 12-12-2020, 09:29 PM

34,300 posts, read 15,656,546 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goofball86 View Post
Only to those in MAGA land not those on planet earth
I love it when you smack yourself !!! You have earned a thumb straw - Enjoy !!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies