Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-15-2020, 02:31 PM

15,632 posts, read 10,388,492 times

Advertisements

I don't want to live in my city anymore because the city council doesn't support the police and crime is rising. the majority of austin's citizens have spoken with their support for progressive political leaders.

we are ready to move to another city more in line with our values when covid allows us to do so.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-15-2020, 05:09 PM

31,041 posts, read 22,070,533 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texan2yankee View Post
I don't want to live in my city anymore because the city council doesn't support the police and crime is rising. the majority of austin's citizens have spoken with their support for progressive political leaders.

we are ready to move to another city more in line with our values when covid allows us to do so.
It's no surprise that these supposed "Progressive" Cities are the ones that are out of control. They are looking more like Anarchist havens then anything else.

Old 12-15-2020, 05:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruz Azul Guy View Post
There have been 78 homicides in Minneapolis this year with two weeks left to go. I’m guessing we’ll end up with 80.

To compare, there were 97 murders here in 1995, and all while there were 50,000 less people living here. That was when the name “Murderapolis” was coined. As I stated - crime was worse here in the 90s. This isn’t just my opinion. It is supported by crime statistics.
Well, there's always room for it to get worse. Your Democrat led city leaders have failed you and there's no indication that they have learned from their mistakes

Old 12-15-2020, 07:45 PM

10,244 posts, read 16,371,609 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LS Jaun View Post
Well, there's always room for it to get worse. Your Democrat led city leaders have failed you and there's no indication that they have learned from their mistakes
Have you even ever set foot in Minneapolis? So are you really one to judge? By the way, my property taxes are decreasing by 8% in 2021 as is the case for most other residents. Thanks to my city leadership. Was that the case in your city too?

Old 12-15-2020, 08:00 PM

7,777 posts, read 6,385,415 times
Big cities have never been a big draw for our vacations.

Old 12-15-2020, 11:37 PM

Quote:
Have you even ever set foot in Minneapolis? So are you really one to judge? By the way, my property taxes are decreasing by 8% in 2021 as is the case for most other residents. Thanks to my city leadership. Was that the case in your city too?
My girlfriend is a Native from Minneapolis, and only goes back to visit family during the fair. Her and most of her family have escaped along with many other Native Minnesotans, as I'm sure you know. She talks about how great and safe it was when she was a kid in the 70s. It really sounds like it was a great place, like where we live now in AZ , in a city of just over 250,000 where the average murder rate has been about 1 per year over the last 20 years. I belive Minneapolis is on route to their 2nd highest murder #, only 2nd to 1994. As far as taxes, Minn. Is #5 highest in the country

Old 12-16-2020, 10:58 AM

10,244 posts, read 16,371,609 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LS Jaun View Post
My girlfriend is a Native from Minneapolis, and only goes back to visit family during the fair. Her and most of her family have escaped along with many other Native Minnesotans, as I'm sure you know. She talks about how great and safe it was when she was a kid in the 70s. It really sounds like it was a great place, like where we live now in AZ , in a city of just over 250,000 where the average murder rate has been about 1 per year over the last 20 years. I belive Minneapolis is on route to their 2nd highest murder #, only 2nd to 1994. As far as taxes, Minn. Is #5 highest in the country
There is some migration sure but yet there are still 3.6 million people living in the Twin Cities metropolitan area, making it the 16th largest in the country and growing at a heathy 9% clip I might add. Most people who leave cite climate as the primary reason for leaving and I can’t blame them. I won’t deny that as it is frigid here during the winter months. I’m not, however, aware of a significant number of people who leave due to crime.

To be fair your girlfriend doesn’t currently live here, nor probably has for quite some time, so she probably wouldn’t be the best source of information of the quality of life here.

Old 12-17-2020, 01:09 PM

Quote:
There is some migration sure but yet there are still 3.6 million people living in the Twin Cities metropolitan area, making it the 16th largest in the country and growing at a heathy 9% clip I might add. Most people who leave cite climate as the primary reason for leaving and I can’t blame them. I won’t deny that as it is frigid here during the winter months. I’m not, however, aware of a significant number of people who leave due to crime.

To be fair your girlfriend doesn’t currently live here, nor probably has for quite some time, so she probably wouldn’t be the best source of information of the quality of life here.
Sure she is, as half of her family still lives their. Most of the people leaving are Native Minnesotans, and the gains have mainly been people from places like Somolia.

Anyway, you seem to think your Mayor and City council have been doing a great job in handling things, so I'm sure things will continue as usual in the once peaceful Twin City area

https://www.americanexperiment.org/2...nal-seat-2020/

Last edited by LS Jaun; 12-17-2020 at 01:21 PM..

Old 12-17-2020, 06:27 PM

5,956 posts, read 2,877,447 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WestGuest View Post
"Defunded " was a poor term as it did not literally mean defunded. The OP should have done research before ignorantly making his post.
Defund the police ,was the slogan used by the politicians backing BLM. Thats what the elected officials said as they stood in front of banners stating such .Now you say that's not what they meant.
what type of inarticulate folks are elected that require " West Guest " to interpret what they REALLY meant ?
When someone says something I should believe what they say and not have to have it broken down to Third grade grammar.
They said "Defund the Police " Wishy washy Left never mean what they say if they get caught.
OP asked a decent question

Old 12-17-2020, 07:20 PM

3,674 posts, read 3,034,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shokwaverider View Post
More Fake Propaganda. No one is Defunding the Police. don't you have anything better to do? Obviously not, hence the post.
why so touchy and defensive there, Gramps?? Take a Geritol and chill!! Don't YOU have anything better to do??? Can you PROVE beyond doubt that NO cities have or plan to?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies