Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-14-2020, 08:55 PM

2,801 posts, read 3,856,789 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bus man View Post
In the first 30 minutes of the video, it showed rampant homelessness and flagrant drug use and wanton violence (against police officers as well as civilians) and widespread vandalism. It profiled a bike store owner whose windows were smashed out at least 7 times, and when the police told him that they couldn't protect him, he packed up his shop and moved out. City Council-people were shown expressing support for the rioters and lawbreakers and urging the police to be defunded. It showed a mob taking over a police station (after trying to burn it, with officers inside) and then a multi-block neighborhood.

So, are these reports exaggerated? Is Seattle not as anarchic as it's made to appear here? What is the reality on the ground for the majority of Seattleites?
Why don’t you visit the Seattle forum on this very board and find out for yourself?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-14-2020, 09:11 PM

1,810 posts, read 897,070 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TOkidd View Post
Why don’t you visit the Seattle forum on this very board and find out for yourself?
Better to just visit Seattle and see it firsthand. I find that the cheerleaders on here whitewash stuff all the time when it comes to the city they live in.

Old 12-14-2020, 09:12 PM

16,555 posts, read 10,607,780 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by toodie View Post
I'm getting an error message! Tried twice.
You can watch it here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wijo...ature=youtu.be

Quote:
I do. Quite a range of opinions to be found there. Since the poster whom I quoted said that the report was exaggerated, I was asking him for further information.

Old 12-14-2020, 09:18 PM

2,949 posts, read 1,353,616 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ketchikanite View Post
Better to just visit Seattle and see it firsthand. I find that the cheerleaders on here whitewash stuff all the time when it comes to the city they live in.
I agree. They're the liberals who created the cesspool and anarchy. And, people wonder why I think a civil war is brewing. SMH

The patriotic citizens of America can clean up Seattle and the rest of the streets in America where the liberals have allowed and encouraged this anarchy. We can accomplish what the liberals politicians won't allow law enforcement to do.

Old 12-14-2020, 09:23 PM

39,861 posts, read 26,482,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganmoon View Post
At least Seattle is woke.

Don't worry Seattle leftists, if you want a functional local/state government you can move to Boise, vote the same, and try to ruin Idaho too.
Boise has already been trashed. Their mayor is another left-wing moron.

Old 12-14-2020, 09:48 PM

7,141 posts, read 4,735,089 times
I finally got to view it. I lived in Seattle in the mid 80s when it was heaven on earth. Hard to watch. So the problem they say is drug infestation of homeless people. One person on the video claimed that by leaving them alone, it is coming from a place of “love.” Society is crumbling, starting at the west coast and is headed our way. God help us.
The people on the Seattle forum say “It’s just a small part of the city. It doesn’t affect our daily lives. It’s not happening where I live.”

Old 12-14-2020, 10:09 PM

14,798 posts, read 17,673,639 times
Ugh, so sad. Seattle used to be a nice city.

Old 12-14-2020, 10:23 PM

2,949 posts, read 1,353,616 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by toodie View Post
I finally got to view it. I lived in Seattle in the mid 80s when it was heaven on earth. Hard to watch. So the problem they say is drug infestation of homeless people. One person on the video claimed that by leaving them alone, it is coming from a place of “love.” Society is crumbling, starting at the west coast and is headed our way. God help us.
The people on the Seattle forum say “It’s just a small part of the city. It doesn’t affect our daily lives. It’s not happening where I live.”
Yet.

Old 12-14-2020, 11:10 PM

4,651 posts, read 4,968,796 times
I don't believe this. The pro-Dem margin at the presidential level in the Seattle metro area in 2020 was almost 300,000 greater than 2012, one of the largest increases in the country. Everyone on Reddit and many people on City-data tell me that places that vote Dem are better in every way. This must be fake news.

Old 12-15-2020, 12:03 PM

20,326 posts, read 19,909,198 times
Quote:
The usual boosters in that forum are blaming the news source, LOL.

Anyway, what a cesspool that city has become.

They voted for it, they got it
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies