Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-19-2020, 12:37 AM

11,474 posts, read 6,002,443 times

Advertisements

Once again, all of the liberal media speculates Russia is behind the hacks, while there hasn't been a scintilla of evidence released to suggest which nation hacked us. Meanwhile, the biased OP treats it as if fact that Russia is behind the hacks.

I don't know which nation hacked us. All I know is that, when the Main Stream Media fingers a perp, you know it a lie to divert us from the truth. If China was the nation that hacked us, to be sure CNN, the NY Slimes, the Washington Compost and all the rest would be screaming "RUSSIA! RUSSIA! RUSSIA!" as their usual smokescreen.

I don't know which nation hacked us. It is to be determined, or at least to be revealed. What we do KNOW is that no credible source has factually documented Russia as the hackers, with proof or with a credible government intellegence source.

The OP is just blowing smoke. Typical of the City Data politics forum.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-19-2020, 01:15 AM

1,231 posts, read 448,697 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Igor Blevin View Post
Once again, all of the liberal media speculates Russia is behind the hacks, while there hasn't been a scintilla of evidence released to suggest which nation hacked us. Meanwhile, the biased OP treats it as if fact that Russia is behind the hacks.

I don't know which nation hacked us. All I know is that, when the Main Stream Media fingers a perp, you know it a lie to divert us from the truth. If China was the nation that hacked us, to be sure CNN, the NY Slimes, the Washington Compost and all the rest would be screaming "RUSSIA! RUSSIA! RUSSIA!" as their usual smokescreen.

I don't know which nation hacked us. It is to be determined, or at least to be revealed. What we do KNOW is that no credible source has factually documented Russia as the hackers, with proof or with a credible government intellegence source.

Homeland Security administration and Mike Pompeo have confirmed it was Russia.

Old 12-19-2020, 01:19 AM

11,474 posts, read 6,002,443 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Genz View Post
Homeland Security administration and Mike Pompeo have confirmed it was Russia.
Then I stand corrected. Thank you.

Old 12-19-2020, 01:22 AM

14,682 posts, read 14,648,352 times
Quote:

You are doing good work for your country at this time of our morning, comrade.

However, these cybersecurity firms who represent some of those who were hacked are convinced the attackers came from Russia:

Quote:
"It appears the Russians had six to nine months of 'persistent access' to some Department of Homeland Security networks," said Tony Lawrence, CEO and founder of Light Rider, a cybersecurity firm that has clients in both the public and private sector. "If this is the case, it means the Russians had the ability to navigate all networks and control select US homeland security networks during this time."
Quote:
Microsoft has identified more than 40 of its customers around the world that had problematic versions of a third-party IT management program installed and that were specifically targeted by the suspected Russian hacking campaign disclosed this week, the company said in a blog post Thursday.
https://www.cnn.com/2020/12/17/polit...nds/index.html
https://blogs.microsoft.com/on-the-i...winds-fireeye/

Quote:
A U.S. official previously told The Associated Press that Russia-based hackers were suspected, but neither CISA nor the FBI has publicly said who is believed to be responsible. Asked whether Russia was behind the attack, the official said: “We believe so. We haven’t said that publicly yet because it isn’t 100% confirmed.â€
https://www.foxbusiness.com/technolo...ty-agency-says

Old 12-19-2020, 08:32 AM

1,514 posts, read 890,913 times
Trump, Republicans on this forum, Republicans in general, remain silent on the massive Russian cyberattack and almost everything else except Trump's own election or opponents of Trump.

President Trump has tweeted or retweeted 96 messages so far this week. The vast majority of them were attacks on the election, with baseless allegations of voter fraud and false claims that he won. Interspersed were a few updates on the U.S. coronavirus vaccine rollout, an analysis of Fox News ratings, a complaint about the decision by the Cleveland Indians to drop their controversial team name and the announcement of Attorney General William Barr’s resignation.

Not once has the president mentioned the massive cyberattack that U.S. officials suspect was carried out by Russian hackers — one that the nation’s cybersecurity agency warned was a “grave†threat to government and private networks.

So a massive hack that affects all of us on this forum either directly or indirectly (IRS tax payer info, infiltration into power grids etc.) and could lead to blackmail and catastrophe and those other things are what the President talks about!? Those are his priorities!?

What club is Trump considering using for his next hole and what kind of pee pee tapes does Vlad actually have on Trump to keep him muzzled and nonchalant on this?

Old 12-19-2020, 08:34 AM

45,676 posts, read 24,012,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grlzrl View Post
NYT says it was Russian. Uh-huh. ZERO credibility.
Pompeo agrees with them.

Old 12-19-2020, 08:35 AM

45,676 posts, read 24,012,426 times
Quote:

oops -- this didn't age well....lol. Pompeo blowing smoke too?

Old 12-19-2020, 08:37 AM

38,496 posts, read 25,815,033 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmking View Post
No it doesn't, period. Trump may be disliked by many but one thing he isn't, he's not a traitor.
I'm sure trump will clear this whole thing up by asking Putin if they did it.

Old 12-19-2020, 08:49 AM

1,514 posts, read 890,913 times
Quote:

Comrade, people in Trumps own circle stated the massive hack that affects all of us was Russia. Non political affiliated cyber organizations said it was Russia. Tech circles said it was Russia. And on and on. On and on....

There are ALWAYS ways to break into or out of something and if one looks thorough enough, there are always hints and breadcrumb trails dropped, no matter how small from when it happened. Whether its breaking into a bank, a house, a website a server etc. It just takes really smart people to find them and put all the pieces together.

Professionals, hackers, tech circles, cyber organizations, etc. are all in agreement and know way more then the general public and know way more then they can publicly say but let some of us blame the "fake news" mainstream media and further add to the treasure trove of current conspiracy theories as we try to continue to muddy the waters. Blur the lines.

Last edited by txbullsfan; 12-19-2020 at 09:07 AM..

Old 12-19-2020, 08:51 AM

57,284 posts, read 26,206,502 times
I still haven't heard a comment on this from Trump, is he golfing all week.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies