Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-18-2020, 08:05 PM

37,102 posts, read 41,267,704 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kell490 View Post
The Bells Palsy cases with some of the test group subjects has me little concerned. By the time I end up getting the vaccine should be a at least 1 million vaccinated by then. Hopefully any issues actually go public probably lot of pressure to keep side effects reports out of the news as the risk of a small number of people is outweighed by the larger population being vaccinated.
The number of cases of Bell's palsy is no higher than would be expected in a set of people the size of those included in the trials.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AfriqueNY View Post
What could go wrong ?

https://youtu.be/p9agUz5cQCk
Could you summarize the video, please.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-18-2020, 08:07 PM

38,936 posts, read 23,897,671 times
I'm only worried due to the allergy issue. As a child, I had a few severe allergic reactions. One required hospitalization and eventually nearly bankrupted my parents for going out of network for doctors that would treat childhood asthma. HIP which was in network, wouldn't at the time treat asthma in children. I never needed an epipen but now it seems there are allergic reactions. This is happening in AZ and is being considered "anxiety attacks" by AZ DHS which hasn't been that great at AZ COVID response...

Old 12-18-2020, 08:15 PM

6,757 posts, read 8,284,458 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post
I'm only worried due to the allergy issue. As a child, I had a few severe allergic reactions. One required hospitalization and eventually nearly bankrupted my parents for going out of network for doctors that would treat childhood asthma. HIP which was in network, wouldn't at the time treat asthma in children. I never needed an epipen but now it seems there are allergic reactions. This is happening in AZ and is being considered "anxiety attacks" by AZ DHS which hasn't been that great at AZ COVID response...

Valid concern. Asthma is no joke. Mine's mild, adult-onset, likely due to living with a heavy smoker as a child plus allergies. Have you read the list of ingredients in the Pfizer vaccine? They are listed in this article, in case you or someone else reading the thread hasn't.

~waves from the White Mountains~

Old 12-18-2020, 08:26 PM

13,303 posts, read 7,870,141 times
I'm OK, I got baptized in the Flint River when I was younger.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_gLLZ_D1Lqw

Old 12-18-2020, 08:30 PM

14,682 posts, read 14,648,352 times
Got mine four hours ago, haven't noticed anything out of the ordinary, just a little soreness in the shoulder like with any other vaccine.

Old 12-18-2020, 08:33 PM

Quote:
The insurance carrier should have been challenged for not paying for out of network care that could not be provided by providers in network. I know doctors who have gone all the way to state health commissioners about that. The response from the insurance company is usually prompt and coverage provided.

An anxiety attack is easy to differentiate from a severe allergic reaction.

Old 12-18-2020, 08:59 PM

38,936 posts, read 23,897,671 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by suzy_q2010 View Post
The insurance carrier should have been challenged for not paying for out of network care that could not be provided by providers in network. I know doctors who have gone all the way to state health commissioners about that. The response from the insurance company is usually prompt and coverage provided.

An anxiety attack is easy to differentiate from a severe allergic reaction.
I was not even two at the time and this was in the 1980's. Insurers well into the pre-rollout of Obamacare, really could get away with this.

Old 12-18-2020, 09:01 PM

13,303 posts, read 7,870,141 times
How to say no.

https://www.lewrockwell.com/2020/04/...mes-mandatory/

Old 12-18-2020, 09:06 PM

Quote:
I was not even two at the time and this was in the 1980's. Insurers well into the pre-rollout of Obamacare, really could get away with this.
Even then decisions by insurance companies could be appealed. Letters from doctors to insurance commissioners tend to get favorable results for patients.

Old 12-18-2020, 11:43 PM

14,416 posts, read 22,486,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by suzy_q2010 View Post
If that surgeon is the only alternative, no. If there is one who is vaccinated I would ask to be transferred to his care.
Suzy... really? Lol
You are way out of touch with reality when it comes to this particular subject.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies