Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-21-2020, 05:06 AM

28,353 posts, read 16,376,689 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhtyk View Post
Alot of evidence has been shown THEY THREW IT AWAY!!!!!

Just because they wont help him doesnt mean it didnt happen!!
Say it with me: "Claims are not evidence."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-21-2020, 05:40 AM

364 posts, read 121,046 times
I don't think Trump will overturn the election, corrupt as it was, but the ability of the left to whistle past the graveyard while their leadership has been wrapped up in treasonous acts is quite disturbing. These are the people who will be asleep as our inalienable rights are stripped away, one small act at a time. Wake up folks!

Old 12-21-2020, 05:50 AM

21,430 posts, read 7,453,685 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDproAV View Post
I noticed something interesting within the past few days.

Democrats are increasingly nervous. You can even tell on here. People are a little more vicious in attacking Trump supporters while acting like Biden's already president. When he's not.
I think a lot of people ... including myself ... are increasingly frustrated with so many of our fellows denying reality and posting gibberish. It is like talking to small children.

Your post is an excellent example.

I wonder how long you will continue in this dream state.

Old 12-21-2020, 06:04 AM

13,510 posts, read 17,032,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MFTMQEA View Post
I don't think Trump will overturn the election, corrupt as it was, but the ability of the left to whistle past the graveyard while their leadership has been wrapped up in treasonous acts is quite disturbing. These are the people who will be asleep as our inalienable rights are stripped away, one small act at a time. Wake up folks!
Their leadership launched a great conspiracy that involved multiple states, including the Republicans who ran said states elections.

You have an inalienable right to be wrong, but not to expect other people to believe the same lies you believe.

Old 12-21-2020, 07:42 AM

21,430 posts, read 7,453,685 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhtyk View Post
Alot of evidence has been shown THEY THREW IT AWAY!!!!!

Just because they wont help him doesnt mean it didnt happen!!
This is totally absurd.

Who tells you these things?

Why are you pre-disposed to believe it?

Old 12-21-2020, 08:22 AM

5,938 posts, read 4,697,978 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
electoral college has voted. This is done. New president elect out front should told ya. And this isnt 1876. You folks are just insanely desperate to overturn our elections for your authoritarian guy. This is the United States, not Russia.
What went on in 1876 is sort of similar, but not really.

So, Hayes had a majority of Electors (by 1) in 1876. They cast their ballots as such but they weren't counted yet. Here's an example:

Oregon was won by Hayes. One of the Electors was disputed, not because of the vote but because the Elector held elected office (outgoing postmaster general for Oregon). So the governor appointed a different Elector - for the other party instead.

It wasn't election fraud so much as a governor attempting to overturn the will of the people.

In a few other states, there were electoral problems. A suspiciously high turn-out in South Carolina and in Louisiana, ballots were created improperly and possibly fooled some voters to vote for the wrong candidate.

Ultimately, the numbers were on Hayes' side. It was easier to justify a win for him since Tilden would have needed to overturn all the states he lost. However, a backdoor deal was made where Reconstruction would end and Hayes would be given the Presidency.

As for 2020, the thing to keep in mind is that when the House and Senate discuss whether an objection is valid, this is still an up and down vote across each chamber. The state delegations don't come into play unless Electors are thrown out and no one reaches 270. I can't imagine any Democrats voting to throw out a state's Electors. And I also can't imagine every Republican in the Senate also voting to throw out a state's Electors.

In my opinion, there IS going to be some drama on the House floor on January 6th. It'll be a last ditch effort by Trump loyalists to overturn the Election. So far, our institutions have stood strong against these efforts. I'll imagine they will hold up here too.

Old 12-21-2020, 08:29 AM

68,329 posts, read 54,373,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDproAV View Post
I noticed something interesting within the past few days.

Democrats are increasingly nervous. You can even tell on here. People are a little more vicious in attacking Trump supporters while acting like Biden's already president. When he's not.

That's not the confidence of a winning side. More and more democrats are sounding delusional (like the media where they receive their marching orders).

I just want to give credibility to your fears. January 20th is constitutionally the only date that actually matters. You can wish Biden to be president all you want, but here's a fact:

The 1876 election was not resolved until TWO DAYS before inauguration day. And yes, the results flipped.

And remember, Trump had plans for this a long time ago when he said on June 22:

Quote:
RIGGED 2020 ELECTION: MILLIONS OF MAIL-IN BALLOTS WILL BE PRINTED BY FOREIGN COUNTRIES, AND OTHERS. IT WILL BE THE SCANDAL OF OUR TIMES!

Trump will be inaugurated on Jan 20th.

Holler back when you have factual proof of the bolded having occurred and affected the election which at this point is baseless allegation.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies