Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-15-2020, 05:34 PM

29,198 posts, read 22,263,933 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChicagoMeO View Post
but there are people who may not take the vaxx now, i.e. pregnant woman and those with severe allergies. what if an employee claims one of those legitimately. so they wont get vaxxinated.. they will still pose the same danger to other employees as those who refuse to take it. so now what?
I wouldn't want a pregnant woman with severe allergies to be on my payroll in this pandemic unless she was vaccinated. Without the vaccine, that's far too many lives placed at risk for the pay or the job's importance.

If she was a good worker, I would do my best to work out something would keep her and her child safe, and everyone else, without the need to fully discharge her from my employ.

The same would go with any others who refused vaccination. But if a deal can't be made, they would have to go.

Old 12-15-2020, 05:44 PM

24,372 posts, read 22,982,365 times
If Usurper Joe goes full fascist like he appears to do, everything will be mandatory.

Old 12-15-2020, 06:12 PM

6,141 posts, read 3,360,206 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justyouraveragetenant View Post

the best comparison is a boss cant force women to have sex with him but what if he says if she wants to continue working there she must have sex with the boss. he is not forcing her to have sex she can say no but he will fire her. well getting a vaccine is unwanted penetration of a foreign substance the boss is not forcing you to get the vaccine but you will lose your job if you do not get it.

^^^ Bolded and underlined above to address~~ FALSE comparison!

Point is Any Corporation can/could very well demand vaccination records before hirings/and employees too. However, there'll always be exceptions> .. ala ( Allergic to components of vaccine or medical issues that disallows them to receive not get vaccinated~~ There's a LONG list of who may be unable to received any vaccine.. However/accommodations must remade for such "Employee's" if they can continue to deliver via
Remote contributions!

As to Workplace demanding vaccinations or provide "VALID" Medical rational as exceptions! As an Employee, your position should be guaranteed..

I worked in HC circles.. required to prove vaccinations/updated constantly.. then provide updated proof of valid Antibody Levels that indicated I was still immune to whatever ( i.e. Hepatitis/Tetanus/ etc etc). I retired some 5+ years ago.. so it's no a requirement/ however in my Lifetime I got Small Pox Vaccine ( sill have the scare) Polio Vaccine, TB Vaccine, etc.. and still had to get antibody teeters done q 2 years to assure immunity during my 56 years run!!

My POINT is really, it does NOT matter who you work for IF they demand or expect inoculations.. That's their right to do! IF you have some sort of inability.. and they refuse or unable to accommodate, then YOU are out of LUCK!

I actually have zero ISSUE with this tendency (mandate) at all!!

Old 12-15-2020, 06:29 PM

45,137 posts, read 26,317,877 times
One of the benefits of self-employment is not having to be confronted with such choices. However, due to the ongoing and recently heightened attacks against small businesses, I cannot recommend self employment at this time.

Old 12-15-2020, 06:32 PM

18,672 posts, read 7,542,298 times
What will you do if your employer mandates taking the vaccine when available?

I will have gotten it for myself and my family, long before he gets his "mandate" out of his mouth.

His words are unimportant to me.

Old 12-15-2020, 06:58 PM

8,726 posts, read 7,384,678 times
Either way, any mandate, if ay, will be far away because the vaccine is just under an EUA, it is not FDA approved. No one except very few like healthcare, is going to want to touch this via mandates if they really do not need to.

Old 12-15-2020, 08:37 PM

17,156 posts, read 12,912,897 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grainraiser View Post
I'm in Texas which is a at will state. You can be fired for any reason at anytime. My guess is most of the larger employers are going to require vaccination in order to avoid lawsuits. It's as simple as either you take it or get fired. Your options as a employee are pretty limited.

You must not have lived here long. As a lifelong Texan (mostly,) I seriously doubt employers will mandate the vaccine. Greg Abbott has shown little concern for our health and the state is, to put it diplomatically, business friendly. Individual rights are the way of things here.The only businesses I foresee mandating the vaccine would be medical facilities. I'm a traveling healthcare worker, and I'm searching for a reason not to get it. I don't trust it. I'm content to mask and social distance until more results are in. But I love my job too so I don't know what I'll do.

Old 12-15-2020, 08:41 PM

838 posts, read 562,341 times
They would have to fire me.

Old 12-15-2020, 08:43 PM

24,450 posts, read 9,315,996 times
Not going to happen.

It’s going to take a while before the average citizen can get a vaccine.

Old 12-15-2020, 09:22 PM

632 posts, read 322,292 times
I work in a military HQ building and they'll all have to get it. If they require that civilians in the building get it and actually provide it to me, I'll be ecstatic. If they require it and don't provide it, then it's whatever; I'll be getting it as soon as it's available to me anyway.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.