Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-16-2020, 04:31 PM

6,141 posts, read 3,353,653 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by justyouraveragetenant View Post
I believe ya if employers want to require it there is nothing we can do. however, if I had a say in this ONLY the medical field could require vaccinations. how does demanding vaccinations not violate hippa laws?

i believe in individual freedom on what we want to or not put in our own bodies. in Massachusetts in order to attend school, all children must get a flu shot. the parents have no say unless they want to home school their kids. this was brought about this year. if you wanted to kill a lot of people a vaccine could be a perfect avenue to do it. this might seem crazy probably won't happen but this is why I believe it should always be the person's choice unless they work in the medical field. not to mention they are not safe for everyone. most of them are not that effective either.
IT'S Sad, you poo poo ability to allow those who want to get vaccinated against deadly ( proven in past 9 months in USA of over 36,400+++ deaths in less than 9 months)...

Point is their indeed many who should never receive vaccine.. which is historically shown ho]istorically due to "Immune" compromises.

The difference is that your care "Your Right" to refuse (kinda reminds of this AIDS patients who chose to spread that abhorrent killing disease)!!.. Go ahead, and suffer the consequences of your choices! and remember YOU and thoseYOU infect could KILL "Innocents"!! Ruleof Law may in fact make people like you culpable and responsible for enabling "Infections" to others without their "legal accepting of it"!

I know I've gone beyond the scope..BUT declaring "Your view of freedoms to disregard Civid-19" & freedoms that will put ALL those around YOU and those who you hang with as potentential "Spreaders.. Denialism is on you.. Realism recognizes the DANGER to "Life andLimb"!!

The term " WE'RE at WAR" with something is true... it sure isn't a "Flu Virus!!

Old 12-16-2020, 04:58 PM

36,993 posts, read 41,017,756 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calgirlinnc View Post
"These observations suggest that we cannot assume COVID-19 vaccines, even if shown to be effective in reducing severity of disease, will reduce virus transmission to a comparable degree. The notion that COVID-19-vaccine-induced population immunity will allow a return to pre-COVID-19 “normalcy” might be based on illusory assumptions."

https://www.thelancet.com/journals/l...976-0/fulltext

Interesting interview with a medical researcher:

"people often ask me, ‘Will this vaccine work?’ That seems such a simple question, and it’s so complex. There are so many caveats to answer: What do we mean when we say a vaccine ‘works?’ Does it mean it prevents diseases and infection, or does it mean to prevent transmission? And I think the most important vaccine that we need is one that prevents severe disease and death because that is what causes the most burden in our hospitals and of course loss of life. That’s what we’re all aiming for."

https://www.the-scientist.com/news-o...re-cases-68109

Everything I have read indicates this is like the flu shot, not like a polio or smallpox vaccine.
What is so hard to understand about "we do not know yet"?

Both of your articles were from before the trial results were were available.

Old 12-16-2020, 04:58 PM

28,593 posts, read 18,629,703 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calgirlinnc View Post
And more and more evidence is accumulating that the vaccination does not prevent infection, only lessens the severity of the symptoms.

Really? Where are those studies of the Pfizer and Moderna vaccines indicating that they cannot not prevent infection?

Old 12-16-2020, 05:08 PM

9,546 posts, read 7,027,685 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by suzy_q2010 View Post
What is so hard to understand about "we do not know yet"?

Both of your articles were from before the trial results were were available.
What is so hard to understand about “we are not trying to prevent infection, only to mitigate symptoms and death”?

Old 12-16-2020, 05:21 PM

6,129 posts, read 7,954,127 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuckity View Post
I doubt it will be required.

Employer in question (a hospital) has said as much.
I work at a hospital too, and its not currently required but it is "strongly recommended."

I suspect that this position may be because the vaccine is not yet actually formally approved in the US, it has an emergency use authorization. If/when it becomes formally approved I wouldn't be surprised if hospitals, at least, start to require it, just like the flu shot.

Old 12-16-2020, 05:30 PM

3,192 posts, read 1,437,918 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyndarn View Post
IT'S Sad, you poo poo ability to allow those who want to get vaccinated against deadly ( proven in past 9 months in USA of over 36,400+++ deaths in less than 9 months)...

Point is their indeed many who should never receive vaccine.. which is historically shown ho]istorically due to "Immune" compromises.

The difference is that your care "Your Right" to refuse (kinda reminds of this AIDS patients who chose to spread that abhorrent killing disease)!!.. Go ahead, and suffer the consequences of your choices! and remember YOU and thoseYOU infect could KILL "Innocents"!! Ruleof Law may in fact make people like you culpable and responsible for enabling "Infections" to others without their "legal accepting of it"!

I know I've gone beyond the scope..BUT declaring "Your view of freedoms to disregard Civid-19" & freedoms that will put ALL those around YOU and those who you hang with as potentential "Spreaders.. Denialism is on you.. Realism recognizes the DANGER to "Life andLimb"!!

The term " WE'RE at WAR" with something is true... it sure isn't a "Flu Virus!!
there is a big difference between me and people who knew they had aids and spread it. if I find out I have covid I will gladly quarantine. they should not have locked everyone down there is no proof that it works. they should of done a selective quarantine for those at risk . if I found out I had aids i would not going around spreading it to even one other person. there is a huge difference there.

id be willing to go about life as well as others who are not at a real risk for this virus even if it meant I might need to quarantine for 14 days. 14 days is nothing to the permeant way these governors and mayors are restricting peoples movement and the right to own a business. what about people who lost the business that they had for 20 years? what about the people who committed suicide because they lost everything from these governor shutdowns. we never treated any virus like this. this virus has a 99.7 survival rate.

they are trying to make it seem asymptomatic people are the driver of this virus when as doctor Fauci himself said" asymptomatic people have never been the main driver of any pandemic," You're being lied to but will never realize it. https://twitter.com/i/status/1309953743367143430

if other people want to get the vaccine its fine with me as long as I don't have to take it. I am for their freedom also. you can not make it illegal to involuntarily pass on a virus only if you know you have a virus are you responsible. its pretty basic logic.

Last edited by justyouraveragetenant; 12-16-2020 at 06:11 PM..

Old 12-16-2020, 05:33 PM

7,937 posts, read 4,931,616 times
Employers FORCING unproven, rushed vaccines with no medical proof of the long-term consequences on you? The great reset has truly begun if that has happened

Old 12-16-2020, 05:51 PM

19,958 posts, read 8,860,828 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by banjomike View Post
That's a good question!
I once owned a business and had employees.

I think if I was still in that business, I would pay for all the costs of inoculation and require my workers to get shot unless they had something from their doctor that declared the vaccine was a hazard to their health.

If someone refused, I would let them go.

To me, it's a simple matter of economics. Any business that can show it is safe from spreading or catching the disease is bound to do more business with less hassle nowadays than one that isn't safe.

I would need every extra nickel that came right now, as would my employees. The loss of a good worker who refused to take the vaccine would hurt the biz, but a departure would be an opportunity for a gofer to step up and show some newly developed skills.
If not, I could always join the work force on the floor and do the job myself. I had to train almost every single employee I ever hired anyway because of the specialized nature of the biz.

I wouldn't be happy about letting anyone go, for sure. Finding the right person for the job was always extremely difficult for me, but once found, the folks who worked for me were both very good at what they did and were very happy doing it. I always had a darned good crew, and I never fired anyone until the final day it was open. The last person I fired that day was myself, and it was a very black day for me.

But exposing a worker of mine to the virus and then watching him die or become disabled would be a day as black, and a day I would do something about if I could.

Health and safety for all is more important than any individual's right of refusal to me when I'm ultimately responsible for everyone who's working under my roof.

I understand that I could possibly be sued for such an action, but I think a court and a jury would see things my way.
Insurance companies (both health and life) will raise rates for those who don't get the vaccine. Vaccine refusals are highest in the NYC area.

Old 12-16-2020, 06:04 PM

3,192 posts, read 1,437,918 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DorianRo View Post
Employers FORCING unproven, rushed vaccines with no medical proof of the long-term consequences on you? The great reset has truly begun if that has happened
ya and the amazing thing is they try and point the finger at people suspicious of the vaccine when everyone knows its rushed and its not a regular vaccine these are new MRNA vaccines that work in a different way.

people will gladly take poison if you told them to.

Old 12-16-2020, 06:09 PM

28,593 posts, read 18,629,703 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justyouraveragetenant View Post
ya and the amazing thing is they try and point the finger at people suspicious of the vaccine when everyone knows its rushed and its not a regular vaccine these are new MRNA vaccines that work in a different way.

people will gladly take poison if you told them to.

They've been working on mRNA vaccines for over a decade.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies