Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-14-2020, 05:10 PM

546 posts, read 243,233 times

Advertisements

I think you’re forgetting the contested states...Republicans in these states have cast their Electoral College votes for President Trump. These are now officially contested states that have two sets of electors. State Legislators (GOP) will decide which electors to send to DC on Jan 6th.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-14-2020, 05:10 PM

2,942 posts, read 1,638,776 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoHyping View Post
No need for Fanfare or a Big-to-do.... it is just a change in President and THE CHECKS AND BALANCES ON POWER ARE IN PLACE. A Congress that also will be no change..... hopefully still COMPROMISING WORKS FOR THE AMERICAN PEOPLE.

Spare us all the -- CONSPIRACY THEORIES. The WESTERN WORLD WANTS A USA BACK TO CALM and NORMALCY and putting this Pandemic as we Vaccinate our citizens and the World does. Gradually behind us.

Let's just PRAY or HOPE depending on your beliefs ..... That we have a CIVIL INAUGURAL that does not have or need Militia's called to keep Presidente Trump in office by a Coup or Military involvement to cause the USA as we know it to break-down.

ALL REMEMBER.... We are ONE NATION and this NATION is not without a ability to FAIL. George Washington clearly warned us of this in his FAREWELL ADDRESS that is read each year in Congress. It includes a NATION DIVIDED AMONG ITSELF CAN AND WILL FALL. Also the Bible has aspects of text on this.

We need no Name-calling or demonizing. Just a realizing that time has come to move on to a new decade and hope it cannot be worse then this year.
The nation will continue to be divided for the next four years, like it was the last 4 years or more. Biden or Harris are powerless to change people's minds. Neither are elections. Especially this past election. The nation goes on divided.

Old 12-14-2020, 05:13 PM

16,759 posts, read 8,216,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maryclaire View Post
I think you’re forgetting the contested states...Republicans in these states have cast their Electoral College votes for President Trump. These are now officially contested states that have two sets of electors. State Legislators (GOP) will decide which electors to send to DC on Jan 6th.
Bad news the CERTIFIED electors voted today. Signed, sealed and delivered.

Old 12-14-2020, 05:13 PM

45,227 posts, read 26,450,499 times
Let the disharmony begin

Old 12-14-2020, 05:15 PM

9,639 posts, read 6,019,409 times
Quote:
The extra set goes in the trash.

It’s not state level, it’s federal. Enough GOP members of Congress have already said they’re not interested.

Old 12-14-2020, 05:16 PM

20,871 posts, read 9,541,930 times
Quote:
No, they are not officially contested states. The official electors voted for Joe Biden. The fantasies and make-believe world of Trumpies don't count as anything "official."

Old 12-14-2020, 05:17 PM

25,448 posts, read 9,809,749 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
Let the disharmony begin
Begin? LOL>

Old 12-14-2020, 05:19 PM

46,963 posts, read 25,998,208 times
Quote:
I think you’re forgetting the contested states...Republicans in these states have cast their Electoral College votes for President Trump.
What do you mean, "their" votes. They - don't have any. It's sort of what the Presidential election was about - which electors get to vote.

Old 12-14-2020, 05:31 PM

7,447 posts, read 2,834,440 times
Quote:
I think you are forgetting how the constitution and government of the United States works.

Ha just kidding, we all know you never had a clue.

Old 12-14-2020, 06:03 PM

889 posts, read 272,844 times
i dont know, im ready to move forward. ill enjoy gaffin' on old biden, and i suppose if he makes any funny moves we can protest, or whatever.

i hold up no great hope. but who knows. maybe biden wont sink the ship. well be watching!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies