Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-14-2020, 06:36 PM

25,482 posts, read 18,618,666 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aussiehoff View Post
They are the modern day KKK apparently:
It’s not clear why the Proud Boys have chosen this moment to wear manly yellow skirts, but some speculated it could be an attempt to highlight their connections with the Ku Klux Klan through their Scottish heritage.

https://www.pinknews.co.uk/2020/12/1...aacp-donation/
Hmmm... after having to go to a darkweb search engine to find their website (it wasn't listed on the "biggies"--I wonder why?), I read through their "tenets" section. Interestingly, it didn't mention the KKK or anything at all about white supremacy.

Here is what I found (I added my opinion to the side):

Minimal Government (Damn straight, I'm for that one)
Maximum Freedom (Check two: damn straight I'm even MORE for that one)
Anti-Political Correctness (Yep, 100% agree)
Anti-Drug War (I'm okay to this point)
Closed Borders (Hmm, well not completely on board here. Let's say "closed to illegal immigration"))
Anti-Racial Guilt (Agree 100%)
Anti-Racism (I'm not for coddling, but I am for not looking down on anyone for any skin color)
Pro-Free Speech (1st Amendment) (Yep. Check)
Pro-Gun Rights (2nd Amendment) (Still on board, check)
Glorifying the Entrepreneur (Agreed)
Venerating the Housewife (assuming the housewife wants to be there, yep)
Reinstating a Spirit of Western Chauvinism (mmmm, I don't like that word "chauvinism." If it had said western "civilization and culture," I'd have gone for that one.)

Ten out of twelve ain't bad. And you know, it's funny, but I just can't see how a tenet in the official website that specifically states "Anti-Racism" can be equated to or associated with the KKK.

Could someone explain that to me?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-14-2020, 06:42 PM

18,336 posts, read 8,162,371 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Joshua View Post
Ah yes, using homosexuality as an insult. So classy.
have no idea what you're talking about....

just because the PB's don't fit some stereotype...doesn't mean that can't be gay

Old 12-14-2020, 06:46 PM

4,153 posts, read 2,447,886 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrie22 View Post
have no idea what you're talking about....

just because the PB's don't fit some stereotype...doesn't mean that can't be gay
Wonder if any are members of the Pink Pistols

https://www.pinkpistols.org/find-a-local-chapter/

Old 12-15-2020, 03:10 PM

37,937 posts, read 17,809,401 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aussiehoff View Post
They are the modern day KKK apparently:
It’s not clear why the Proud Boys have chosen this moment to wear manly yellow skirts, but some speculated it could be an attempt to highlight their connections with the Ku Klux Klan through their Scottish heritage.

https://www.pinknews.co.uk/2020/12/1...aacp-donation/
A group with black and Hispanic members and whose spokesmen, Enrique Tarrio, is Hispanic.

Old 12-15-2020, 03:12 PM

37,937 posts, read 17,809,401 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisC View Post
Hmmm... after having to go to a darkweb search engine to find their website (it wasn't listed on the "biggies"--I wonder why?), I read through their "tenets" section. Interestingly, it didn't mention the KKK or anything at all about white supremacy.

Here is what I found (I added my opinion to the side):

Minimal Government (Damn straight, I'm for that one)
Maximum Freedom (Check two: damn straight I'm even MORE for that one)
Anti-Political Correctness (Yep, 100% agree)
Anti-Drug War (I'm okay to this point)
Closed Borders (Hmm, well not completely on board here. Let's say "closed to illegal immigration"))
Anti-Racial Guilt (Agree 100%)
Anti-Racism (I'm not for coddling, but I am for not looking down on anyone for any skin color)
Pro-Free Speech (1st Amendment) (Yep. Check)
Pro-Gun Rights (2nd Amendment) (Still on board, check)
Glorifying the Entrepreneur (Agreed)
Venerating the Housewife (assuming the housewife wants to be there, yep)
Reinstating a Spirit of Western Chauvinism (mmmm, I don't like that word "chauvinism." If it had said western "civilization and culture," I'd have gone for that one.)

Ten out of twelve ain't bad. And you know, it's funny, but I just can't see how a tenet in the official website that specifically states "Anti-Racism" can be equated to or associated with the KKK.

Could someone explain that to me?
The Left falsely playing the race card. Business as usual

Old 12-15-2020, 03:26 PM

1,803 posts, read 927,010 times
Default Since the link from Yahoo news with the Proud Boys wearing Kilts doesn't work it seems....

Here is the Picture of the few that did. Not like ALL WERE. There are plenty YouTube videos too of these Rally's recently and month ago.

Still the maker of these Kilts is a LGBQ owned Virginia Company - called - VERILLAS
and no longer will sell this style since the Proud Boys took a liking to them.

One picture here and we shall see if link continues to work?

https://twitter.com/HannahAllam/stat...338752/photo/1

Old 12-15-2020, 03:53 PM

9,828 posts, read 7,125,964 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoHyping View Post
Here is the Picture of the few that did. Not like ALL WERE. There are plenty YouTube videos too of these Rally's recently and month ago.

Still the maker of these Kilts is a LGBQ owned Virginia Company - called - VERILLAS
and no longer will sell this style since the Proud Boys took a liking to them.

One picture here and we shall see if link continues to work?

https://twitter.com/HannahAllam/stat...338752/photo/1
...and Fred Perry won't sell their classic black and yellow twin tipped tennis shirt in the US as TPB co-opted it as their "uniform."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies