Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-22-2020, 09:23 AM

13,648 posts, read 20,775,774 times

Advertisements

I would think the Surgeon General is playing it safe and just doing a bit of "CYA".

The next 3 months will be rough. Lots of conspiracy theories, finger pointing, accusations, stories about movie stars jumping to the front of the line, etc. Not to mention more deaths.

By mid April, things will begin to calm down. By the beginning of June, the media will start showing segments of bored pharmacists waiting for people to come in for a shot.

By this Summer, there will be "Burn your Mask" parties and Socially Narrow Orgies.

Nobody and I mean NOBODY- Left, Right, Middle, Crazy- is going to continue these measures into 2022.

The vaccine is the game changer. Shut up and get yer shot.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-22-2020, 09:31 AM

15,945 posts, read 12,285,067 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moth View Post
I would think the Surgeon General is playing it safe and just doing a bit of "CYA".

The next 3 months will be rough. Lots of conspiracy theories, finger pointing, accusations, stories about movie stars jumping to the front of the line, etc. Not to mention more deaths.

By mid April, things will begin to calm down. By the beginning of June, the media will start showing segments of bored pharmacists waiting for people to come in for a shot.

By this Summer, there will be "Burn your Mask" parties and Socially Narrow Orgies.

Nobody and I mean NOBODY- Left, Right, Middle, Crazy- is going to continue these measures into 2022.

The vaccine is the game changer. Shut up and get yer shot.

I truly believe there are some germ-o-phobes that will try their hardest to make masks permanent.. they are using the virus as an excuse to take their anxiety disorder and impose it on all of us. I suspect you will see news stories trying to promote masks in schools forever. It doesn't take a large percentage of the population to be vocal to make things happen that oppress the rights of the vast majority. It happens all the time. Just a few percent, if they are vocal enough... which is why the silent majority need to be not so silent and aggressive in pushback after the vaccine. Mask comes off, to hell with what corporate management or our leaders say. I only wear mine because I get paid $25+/hour.. if I was making $13 in a grocery store there's no way.. I'd up and quit a long time ago.

Old 12-22-2020, 09:43 AM

13,648 posts, read 20,775,774 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sholomar View Post
I truly believe there are some germ-o-phobes that will try their hardest to make masks permanent.. they are using the virus as an excuse to take their anxiety disorder and impose it on all of us. I suspect you will see news stories trying to promote masks in schools forever. It doesn't take a large percentage of the population to be vocal to make things happen that oppress the rights of the vast majority. It happens all the time. Just a few percent, if they are vocal enough... which is why the silent majority need to be not so silent and aggressive in pushback after the vaccine. Mask comes off, to hell with what corporate management or our leaders say. I only wear mine because I get paid $25+/hour.. if I was making $13 in a grocery store there's no way.. I'd up and quit a long time ago.
Well, I have no problem wearing masks when I am near other people these days. It is not a silver bullet, but rather better than nothing.

And I can see some value in wearing them during the Winter as they have always done in Asia. But, I would not want to sacrifice my comfort.

Old 12-22-2020, 09:55 AM

50,270 posts, read 47,032,885 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheOldPuss View Post
Fat, don't get all logical on us.
It ruins the narrative.
Exactly. What a bunch of BS this hysteria is. Note, I did not imply that the virus itself is BS.
For those who want to remain muzzled, in fear, perpetually locked up, have at it.
Turn the rest of us loose.
Eateries are already defying the lockdown and serving food outdoors. I will wear one inside a store for now. I'm not wearing one when I workout. I see people riding bikes wearing them and I don't see how they aren't blacking out or crashing from the fog on their glasses. Obviously the masks they are wearing are offering zero protection if they can still breathe with it on at high heart rate.

Old 12-22-2020, 09:10 PM

4,525 posts, read 3,405,909 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sholomar View Post
Not gonna happen, lol. A large majority of people already can't stand wearing them and are only merely tolerating them (like myself). I don't think you'll have to worry about it ever becoming permanent.

Old 12-24-2020, 06:20 PM

35,061 posts, read 17,006,525 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cp102 View Post
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...s-vaccine.html
I thought the vaccines were suppose to be it. We may be wearing masks for along time
The government would like never to liberate us.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies