Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-15-2020, 09:37 AM

7,808 posts, read 6,387,167 times

Advertisements

Diversity hires should be happy they even have a job.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-15-2020, 09:53 AM

30,612 posts, read 18,192,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by suzy_q2010 View Post
She accepted the position when she decided to run. She knew what the salary is.
I say she actually didn't and couldn't accept the job until after she won election, which is when she actually had some standing to ask for a salary increase. Sure, she could have asked for a salary increase from the county government before then, but she would have been doing so as a private citizen. And a private citizen asking for a salary increase for a position that she didn't even hold or been elected to would have been rightfully laughed out of the chamber. Put otherwise, she was actually in a better position to request a salary increase from her "employer" once she actually became an employee, which happened a while after she decided to run.

Don't get me wrong: I am against granting the judge a salary increase based on what we know; it's still premature and possibly won't ever be justified. I'm just noting that, per the analogy earlier, she didn't actually accept the position until she swore in.

Last edited by prospectheightsresident; 12-15-2020 at 10:09 AM..

Old 12-15-2020, 09:53 AM

78,333 posts, read 60,527,398 times
1. There is nothing wrong with asking for more.

2. I fail to see where her gender or race was mentioned by her as an argument for the pay increase but I'm not watching this guy for 15minutes. If I am wrong, correct me but otherwise there is no rational point making this racial or gender related.

Old 12-15-2020, 09:55 AM

15,821 posts, read 6,527,022 times
Well she's financially ambitious, but that's between her and her employer. There's nothing wrong with asking for a raise.

Old 12-15-2020, 09:56 AM

78,333 posts, read 60,527,398 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shiftymh View Post
She passed the Bar Exam and was elected so you have anything intelligent and non-toxic to add now would be a good time to balance out your contribution to the thread.

Old 12-15-2020, 09:59 AM

19,387 posts, read 6,497,447 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYNativist View Post
Oh the horror of a black woman doing something millions do everyday, negotiate higher pay/ benefits. Wow, how dare she!

Either she'll get it or not, similar to anyone else. Thread stinks of boomer energy and saltiness..
How many self-entitled idiots ask for DOUBLE their salary before they even start the job?

And sorry, but we don’t have to avoid criticizing her just because she’s black. Her skin color is no justification for unprofessional and stupid behavior.

Old 12-15-2020, 10:00 AM

19,387 posts, read 6,497,447 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rjshae View Post
Well she's financially ambitious, but that's between her and her employer. There's nothing wrong with asking for a raise.
There sure is if you haven’t even begun the job yet - and asking for double yet. Oye.

Old 12-15-2020, 10:09 AM

15,064 posts, read 6,167,490 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by prospectheightsresident View Post
She's not like other judges, though. Her probate court in all of last year had zero requests for jury trials and are much less busy that other state courts. Probate judges are paid in line with the amount and type of work that they are expected to do, which is primarily validating wills.

Being more qualified to push paper doesn't merit a near doubling of your salary if all you're doing is pushing paper. Now, as I wrote previously, if her work duties actually increase and she finds herself having to take on more legal duties in line with her qualification as an attorney (specifically, having to actually preside over jury trials), then that is a conversation worth having down the line. As of now, however, and given the history of petitioners in the court overwhelmingly generally NOT requesting jury trials (note, as the video makes clear, they could request jury trials even when the presiding judge is not an attorney), her request is premature.
Are you seriously asserting that all probate judges do is push paper?

Old 12-15-2020, 10:11 AM

25,840 posts, read 16,515,156 times
I can’t believe we are handing this country over to idiots like this and actually expect to have a country in 20 years. The absolute definition of insanity. Russia is going to walz in here and take over without a shot fired.

Old 12-15-2020, 10:11 AM

15,064 posts, read 6,167,490 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shiftymh View Post
Pathetic. Prove that she’s a diversity hire.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies