Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-15-2020, 08:41 AM

15,507 posts, read 6,445,593 times

Advertisements

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/12/14/b...ade-covid.html

Never before have I seen a country betrayed by its OWN people.

You people will rue this day, especially the suburban families who order garbage from China in mass to fill the empty hole in their lives.

And this goes for everyone, I know all of you buy Chinese goods nonstop.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-15-2020, 09:08 AM

7,343 posts, read 4,377,233 times
The virus sure accomplished what they wanted it to.

Old 12-15-2020, 09:20 AM

7,816 posts, read 6,400,385 times
There should be giant red labels on everything made in China so people can be better informed. Warnings on online shopping as well.

Old 12-15-2020, 09:38 AM

1,503 posts, read 608,901 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winterfall8324 View Post
https://www.nytimes.com/2020/12/14/b...ade-covid.html

You people will rue this day, especially the suburban families who order garbage from China in mass to fill the empty hole in their lives.

And this goes for everyone, I know all of you buy Chinese goods nonstop.
So?
Personally, I will continue to buy whatever I want from whatever country I want. But you are welcome to continue screaming that China is bad - despite the hard cold fact that it's the USA that attacks China, not vice versa.

If you are so "patriotic" I would suggest that instead of screaming you can start some business to produce goods here so people can buy them local instead of importing.

Example:
Curtain tracks

These are not rocket science to make, but try to find them here. Zero. All you can find is pre-historic age curtain rods that I wouldn't put even in barn. Heck, try to find any modern looking items, and then discover that US produces basically none of them - only extremely old fashion dark ages junk. Every good looking household item/furniture is produced either in Europe or China.

Old 12-15-2020, 09:42 AM

24,621 posts, read 19,189,134 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winterfall8324 View Post
No one betrayed anyone.

You can have Americans manufacturing plastic kitchen gadgets if you want for sale at Family Dollar or Dollar General or the Dollar Tree.

To do that, all you have to do is start closing gas stations at 9:00 PM, close retail stores on Sundays, or any other day (maybe Wednesday would be a good day to close retail stores), close all fast food around 11:00 PM, close all grocery stores around 9:00 PM, shut down about 3 Million businesses, and pay higher prices for everything else.

Old 12-15-2020, 10:11 AM

5,306 posts, read 6,194,603 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kanonka View Post

If you are so "patriotic" I would suggest that instead of screaming you can start some business to produce goods here so people can buy them local instead of importing.

The problem is we've forgotten how to make things. And once the last factory producing a specific product closes, that technology is lost. Take subway cars, train passenger cars and integrated train sets. The last US company in that business was the Budd Co. of Philadelphia. Their parent company shut the division down in 1986. All such products now are either manufactured in foreign countries or in US subsidiaries of foreign owned companies.

Old 12-15-2020, 10:13 AM

25,851 posts, read 18,870,148 times
Of course they are. Half of them are locked in their bedrooms. It's kind of hard to produce goods and services when there isn't anyone there to do so.

Old 12-15-2020, 10:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wells5 View Post
The problem is we've forgotten how to make things. And once the last factory producing a specific product closes, that technology is lost. Take subway cars, train passenger cars and integrated train sets. The last US company in that business was the Budd Co. of Philadelphia. Their parent company shut the division down in 1986. All such products now are either manufactured in foreign countries or in US subsidiaries of foreign owned companies.
You are repeating anti-American propoganda.

We are the #2 manufacturing country in the world.

Old 12-15-2020, 10:17 AM

2,419 posts, read 2,992,622 times
So many people have lost their jobs or been made part time or have taken minimum wage jobs out of desperation. Unemployment benefits are only for a few weeks. People are hurting financially, so it's no wonder they are buying the cheapest products they can find and those are generally made in China. Getting the pandemic under control and paying a livable wage would do a lot to allow people to make smarter buying choices.

Old 12-15-2020, 10:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kanonka View Post
So?
Personally, I will continue to buy whatever I want from whatever country I want. But you are welcome to continue screaming that China is bad - despite the hard cold fact that it's the USA that attacks China, not vice versa.

Example:
Curtain tracks

These are not rocket science to make, but try to find them here. Zero. All you can find is pre-historic age curtain rods that I wouldn't put even in barn. Heck, try to find any modern looking items, and then discover that US produces basically none of them - only extremely old fashion dark ages junk. Every good looking household item/furniture is produced either in Europe or China.
The USA attacks China?

It's amazing that after being economically raped for 30 years, standing up for ourselves just a little bit is considered an attack. Truly pathetic.

Hopefully you're a Chinese plant. Sadly, you're probably an American.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies