Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-20-2020, 05:14 PM

227 posts, read 97,949 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by World Citizen View Post
You're right. $600 is not a lot of money but it's a lump sum that gives some options...

Hopefully, people will use it wisely and be able to juggle all of those things
"Use it wisely"

It's $600 dollars
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-20-2020, 08:55 PM

589 posts, read 300,063 times
Would have like to see the government shut down for their incompetence than receive a measly 600 or equivalent to 1/5 of the bill being passed. They extend the funding so the government is funded till end of the fiscal year, 9 months away and they expect the 600 to last. Yeah right! They need to be sending 2700 per person if they are going to be passing a trillion dollar bill.

Old 12-20-2020, 09:11 PM

4,661 posts, read 1,951,679 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopeful for Life View Post
Better yet, give it back to the productive people who were extorted into paying federal income taxes taxes to begin with?
We should do that, unfortunately those people who will be paying for all this won't be born for another 20 years or so.....

Old 12-21-2020, 01:38 AM

3,836 posts, read 1,786,202 times
I was thankful to see that $600 will be included in the next stimulus, but that sure seems low compared to other countries and how much they are willing to help their citizens. Hopefully this passes the house and senate right away for the president to sign. A lot of credit for direct payments to Americans goes to Senators Josh Hawley and Bernie Sanders, they both fought for us to get direct payments included in this bill.

Old 12-21-2020, 02:33 AM

4,218 posts, read 2,457,532 times
Everyone wants more "stimulus" checks in their bank accounts. But where I'm from, there no such thing as something for nothing...

Old 12-21-2020, 03:40 AM

13,284 posts, read 8,452,873 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taggerung View Post
Everyone wants more "stimulus" checks in their bank accounts. But where I'm from, there no such thing as something for nothing...
I agree. These "loans" to the american people will have to come out as new taxes and further depletion over time of any social security or programs that help communities. And of course it will be up to the Democrats who will be ridiculed for this "taxing" and "changes in service" . All because this stimulus falls under the end days of a Republican leader.

I feel compassion for folks that have lost their income and are enduring the harsh reality of making ends meet. Its difficult to come down to survival mode. It will forever boggle my mind when I hear folks say they average 600- 800$ to buy food for a family. Maybe I'm extremely thrifty and have fed a family of four on far far less then that in a month. I do though understand that for some its beneath them to stoop to a poor mans meal....it just hits home how much more alike we are then different. And so many that rose out of that , did not want to go back to that basic knowledge.

Old 12-21-2020, 04:46 AM

34,231 posts, read 18,579,444 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taggerung View Post
True. Why is the Federal government responsible for the economic damage all the STATE restrictions have done?

Old 12-21-2020, 04:57 AM

24,625 posts, read 9,454,674 times
Welp, this is another great example of how much politicians can save you with your loyal votes.

We warned liberals many times that Uncle Sam can't and won't legislate or simulate anyone up the social ladder.

Old 12-21-2020, 05:19 AM

7,759 posts, read 3,884,678 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winterbeard View Post
The faster people realize this, on both sides of the aisle, the better.
Most of my co-workers seem disconnected from the reality and don't understand how dire the situation has become. Except one but he is a prepper so he doesn't count

Old 12-21-2020, 05:20 AM

7,759 posts, read 3,884,678 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocko20 View Post
Welp, this is another great example of how much politicians can save you with your loyal votes.

We warned liberals many times that Uncle Sam can't and won't legislate or simulate anyone up the social ladder.
Republicans don't work for the people either.

Nothing has trickled down. Just stock buybacks.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies