Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-18-2020, 08:06 PM

73,009 posts, read 62,598,043 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
Statistical Facts can be backhanded when you are trying to hide something.
Hide what? I've said this over and over. Statistics on their own are not racist. The reason for bringing them up is another matter. How do you expect me to react to comments like "the violent Black race" or "maybe it's not a bad idea to cross the street"? I ask because those comments confirm why SOME people bring up violent crime in the Black population. For SOME (not all, this only applies to those who bring it up for that reason), it's used as a reason to justify having a disdain for Blacks.

I had a conversation with friend of mine regarding Black on Black crime. No excuses between us. No arrogance between us. No anger between us. Just two people having an intelligence conversation. The reason I could have that conversation is because we respect each other. We didn't come to the table with backhanded remarks. We didn't come to the table with anger and hubris. We could talk about it with no excuses, no problems.

Answer this for me. And these are not rhetorical questions. I require answers to these questions. \

1) What do you expect me to make of comments like "the violent Black race" and "maybe it's not a bad idea to avoid Blacks" and the like?

2) Why should I bother to listen to and not write off someone who makes such comments?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-18-2020, 08:35 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,617,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
Hide what? I've said this over and over. Statistics on their own are not racist. The reason for bringing them up is another matter. How do you expect me to react to comments like "the violent Black race" or "maybe it's not a bad idea to cross the street"? I ask because those comments confirm why SOME people bring up violent crime in the Black population. For SOME (not all, this only applies to those who bring it up for that reason), it's used as a reason to justify having a disdain for Blacks.

I had a conversation with friend of mine regarding Black on Black crime. No excuses between us. No arrogance between us. No anger between us. Just two people having an intelligence conversation. The reason I could have that conversation is because we respect each other. We didn't come to the table with backhanded remarks. We didn't come to the table with anger and hubris. We could talk about it with no excuses, no problems.

Answer this for me. And these are not rhetorical questions. I require answers to these questions. \

1) What do you expect me to make of comments like "the violent Black race" and "maybe it's not a bad idea to avoid Blacks" and the like?

2) Why should I bother to listen to and not write off someone who makes such comments?
Here is a statistic not using race.
13% of the population, is responsible for 53% of ALL Murder in the USA, 69% of ALL violent crime, and 72% of ALL theft/robbery/burglary in the USA.
Then I ask you what is the common denominator..... and what can only be the conclusion, from observation and statistical testing?

Old 12-18-2020, 08:39 PM

73,009 posts, read 62,598,043 times
Quote:
13% of the population, is responsible for 53% of ALL Murder in the USA, 69% of ALL violent crime, and 72% of ALL theft/robbery/burglary in the USA.
Then I ask you what is the common denominator..... and what can only be the conclusion, from observation and statistical testing?
I will confront this, but you have to answer my questions first. Like I said before. Statistics are one thing. Nasty comments are a problem. Why said person is bringing up the subject is another matter. Answer my questions first, and then I will answer this.

Old 12-18-2020, 08:59 PM

24,632 posts, read 9,454,674 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scarabchuck View Post
What complex solution do you propose for this complex problem ?
We stop paying poor people to have kids without fathers. I know, what a crazy concept.

When you pay poor people to have kids with no fathers, for some strange reason they have kids with no fathers.

Shaniqua doesn’t need a job when her 4 kids, single marital status, benefits, tax refund, and lack of taxes can bring in more than her and the dead beat father working at the local Wal-Mart combined.

There’s nothing complex about not paying people to raise dysfunctional households. Do you really think little black babies grow up hoping to be in jail or an early grave? That this is their destiny? NO. But with no father around, they despair and bad influences set in very quickly.

Old 12-18-2020, 09:33 PM

Quote:
This is what happens when you convince a demographic we are permanent victims.

Meanwhile, African immigrants are the most educated demographic in society.

Immigrants are far more grateful and ambitious than many native born Americans and it’s painfully obvious.

Old 12-18-2020, 09:38 PM

227 posts, read 97,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocko20 View Post
We stop paying poor people to have kids without fathers. I know, what a crazy concept.

When you pay poor people to have kids with no fathers, for some strange reason they have kids with no fathers.

Shaniqua doesn’t need a job when her 4 kids, single marital status, benefits, tax refund, and lack of taxes can bring in more than her and the dead beat father working at the local Wal-Mart combined.

There’s nothing complex about not paying people to raise dysfunctional households. Do you really think little black babies grow up hoping to be in jail or an early grave? That this is their destiny? NO. But with no father around, they despair and bad influences set in very quickly.

So basically what you're saying is, the solution to this "problem" is less resources?

Old 12-18-2020, 09:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjairo191 View Post
Its called poverty with a taste of systematic racism. Not hard to see why.
Poverty doesn’t make you a violent criminal. Especially when that crime is murder.

We would have to release every murderer in jail because hey, it’s not theit fault, it was poverty’s fault.

Old 12-18-2020, 09:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by drinkchamps View Post
So basically what you're saying is, the solution to this "problem" is less resources?
Nope, the solution is to update the criteria of welfare qualification.

Right now we pay people to have kids out of wedlock, maybe we should try paying people to have two parent households instead. What a novel concept.

Old 12-19-2020, 08:07 AM

78 posts, read 75,449 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
What do you think makes people violent and commit murder?

First, no one is forced to kill, notwithstanding self-defense, right?

What "makes" people "violent" ? the reasons are pretty simple, really. 1) Lack of foundational values, 2) No respect for the reason for life in the first place, 3) Lack of use/presence of reasoning skills, 4) Visceral emotions, no self-control, 5) key DNA markers found in cerebral cortex and frontal lob , 6) Behavioral abnormalities (inherited and/or developed), 7) No or limited learning skills in a negative social
environment, 8) No fear of retribution, 9) Pure jealous, emotive tendencies, 10) Drug and alcohol abuse, 11) Lack of self concept, 12) Plain stupidity/primitive/underdeveloped thinking, 13) "Monkey See, Monkey Do" home/community environment, 14) Lack of Judeo/Christian/Islam human ethical standards, 15) Chemical imbalances, inherent or acquired

and other "forces".... something as simple as the inability to communicate because of lack of verbal skills in an effort to resolve conflict....Ever listen to some of these people TALK?? It's not even clear English many times

Some human beings are more prone to violence. That is also true in the broader animal kingdom .

Some human beings "choose" to be "violent" when there is no developed level for "reason" and consequences. When they can't "reason", frustration resorts in "acting OUT".

Ever watch idiot fights by "professional" NBA players who earn millions? Ever watch viciousness of key NFL athletes? (It's a bit different than the bench-clearing events that occasionally happen in MLB after a pitcher hits a batter, and yes there is an occasional "controlled" one-on-one with NHL).

Look at the "off-the-field" violence committed by the irrational/no reason/emotive people.

Sometimes or most times, it's in their DNA/character. "I can't reason, so I'll kick your butt" or steal from you, or "I gonna kiel you !! " and it's not just men, it's found in their women's profiles as well.
No self control, No respect

Old 12-19-2020, 08:09 AM

230 posts, read 97,568 times
Quote:

For those who don't believe this, here is the FBI table
https://ucr.fbi.gov/crime-in-the-u.s...ables/table-43
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies