Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-20-2020, 02:02 AM

2,078 posts, read 1,027,735 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by VexedAndSolitary View Post
If all drugs were legal, sold in stores and heavily taxed it'd eliminate the street dealer, thence eliminate a lot of the street crime/shootings and would destabilize the gangs and the cartels.

Keeping drugs illegal helps keep that group solvent.

I don't get why no one but me seems to see this.

Let addicts ruin their lives and put the dealers out of biz. Use the tax dollars generated therefrom to improve the foster care system where the kids of the addicts often end up. Makes sense to me.

Well then we run into the issues of why are we letting addicts reproduce. They need to be sterilized after their first welfare baby. There's a lot more to it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-24-2020, 07:22 AM

26,212 posts, read 19,509,699 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scarabchuck View Post
We are seeing the demise of a beautiful city (Seattle), and other states are adopting this mentality. I just can't wrap my head around this thinking. Now some city officials are trying to implement using addiction, and poverty as a criminal defense. I just can't wrap my head around this type of thinking.
The legalization of drugs apparently works in other countries though. Addiction and mental illness are huge drivers for homelessness and crime. These should be some of the most important topics for our politicians to try and figure out.

https://www.capitolhillseattle.com/2...-have-to-wait/
I remember when I visited Seattle back in 2003, and how beautiful a city it was, but there was also a lot of homeless downtown. However, after watching the video by KOMO, it has gotten exponentially worse. Like it or not, the city government is going to have to start taking a hard line, the hands off approach, like said in the video, means the only people with 'hands on' anything are the criminals.

After watching the video, that beautiful downtown that I loved walking around looks nothing like it did in 2003.

What do you do with all this drug addicted trash? Where do you send them? They need mental help, they need help with their addictions, you can't just lock them up, can you? I feel sorry for all the good people of that beautiful city, they deserve better from their totally incompetent city government.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wijo...ature=emb_logo

Old 12-25-2020, 10:49 AM

30,140 posts, read 11,765,050 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PilgrimsProgress View Post
Soros got these nutty DAs elected to create chaos. Gascon in LA wants empty jails, no bail, and the asst. DAs under him are protesting and being bullied by him.
Its funny how the right and left each have their very own Dr. Evil.

Democrats have the Koch Bros. who are behind every sinister thing they they think is going on for the past 40 years. Republicans have Soros who is 90 years old. Probably the most important thing at this point in his life is having his Depends changed each morning by his staff of nurses.

If only the world worked as the simpletons on each side claim.

Old 01-01-2021, 09:40 AM

10,098 posts, read 4,083,485 times
Can't you guys see it? Destruction of America - particularly white America. That is the end game.

I honestly cannot believe the new DA of Los Angeles is a Cuban-born communist.

Cuba and the rest of the world is laughing at America - our country is being taken over by Marxists, and not one shot had to be fired.

Old 01-01-2021, 09:44 AM

28,122 posts, read 12,578,158 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kavalier View Post
Can't you guys see it? Destruction of America - particularly white America. That is the end game.

I honestly cannot believe the new DA of Los Angeles is a Cuban-born communist.

Cuba and the rest of the world is laughing at America - our country is being taken over by Marxists, and not one shot had to be fired.
Hmmm...maybe that explains why almost 90% of heroin and opioid arrests in my area, involve white people?!

Our govt linked heroin with Chinese at one time, black people later on...its entirely possible they are using against white people today.

Old 01-01-2021, 09:46 AM

28,122 posts, read 12,578,158 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robertfchew View Post
Well then we run into the issues of why are we letting addicts reproduce. They need to be sterilized after their first welfare baby. There's a lot more to it.
For the drug war to continue and for our govt to continue reaping the benefits...there needs to be a steady supply of drugs coming in.

Old 01-01-2021, 09:47 AM

25,689 posts, read 18,773,845 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scarabchuck View Post
Decriminalizing drugs , theft , and property destruction. What is the end game behind this mentality ?
Evil. Pretty simple.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies