Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-19-2020, 02:41 PM

6,675 posts, read 4,278,056 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellis Bell View Post
"The Medicines and Healthcare Products Regulatory Agency (MHRA) said there had been two reports of anaphylaxis and one report of a possible allergic reaction since rollout began."

Sometimes a person doesn't know, until it after it happens ...

I had an allergic reaction (no known allergies) to a prescribed muscle relaxer --- popped the pill, trusting the doctor --- good thing, it wasn't life threatening.
I had the same thing happen with blood pressure medication. Made me so dizzy I couldn’t stand and stopped taking it. All medication has the potential for side effects.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-19-2020, 02:43 PM

612 posts, read 240,540 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diana Holbrook View Post
I wish there was a vaccine to fix people's impulse to spread fear and disinformation.

I am glad the companies who busted their butts to make a vaccine so quickly won't have to also ward off a lot of silly lawsuits.
+1

Old 12-19-2020, 03:15 PM

15,754 posts, read 7,594,663 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellis Bell View Post
"The Medicines and Healthcare Products Regulatory Agency (MHRA) said there had been two reports of anaphylaxis and one report of a possible allergic reaction since rollout began."

Sometimes a person doesn't know, until it after it happens ...

I had an allergic reaction (no known allergies) to a prescribed muscle relaxer --- popped the pill, trusting the doctor --- good thing, it wasn't life threatening.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike930 View Post
I had the same thing happen with blood pressure medication. Made me so dizzy I couldn’t stand and stopped taking it. All medication has the potential for side effects.
Turned out for me the prescribed muscle relaxer reacted to another medicine that I'm on. My daughter who is studying a medical field, when speaking with her over the phone about it, quickly looked into a database she is familiar with and told me, what happened --- not only is medicine fallible, so are doctors, in that the doctor should have known before prescribing it, being familiar with my medications and all.

Point being the 'risk' is there, so should be the 'choice'.

Old 12-20-2020, 10:16 AM

18,759 posts, read 11,796,009 times
Quote:
I wish there was a vaccine to fix people's impulse to spread fear and disinformation.

I am glad the companies who busted their butts to make a vaccine so quickly won't have to also ward off a lot of silly lawsuits.
Ditto and kudos for not falling victim to the tin foil hat crowd. I can't wait to get my vaccine. My friend who is still working as a Respiratory Therapist and is immunocompromised got her first shot two days ago. She's doing fine.

Old 12-20-2020, 12:33 PM

11,523 posts, read 14,656,371 times
All potent medications will have some possible side effects. For most people, they will have mild side effects. For a rare few, anaphylaxis. I've seen they think the polyethylene glycol might be to blame. Sounds like a preservative.

The fact is we won't get out of this mess without mass vaccination. Even now, they think 430 K or more deaths by April. There's always pros and cons of vaccines, but the alternative is much worse.

Old 12-21-2020, 12:03 PM

2,119 posts, read 4,168,314 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roboteer View Post
Hmm, another hater post starting with an already-debunked lie. Not much point in reading the rest.

The CEO decided not to jump in front at the head of the line take the vaccine, because he was afraid of the usual haters screaming that he was cutting in front of the line.

So he didn't, and now he's got the same haters screaming that he DIDN'T jump to the front of the line because he's afraid of his own vaccine.

If he didn't know that you can't win when dealing with the haters, now he does know.
As an RN this info caught my eye..mainly the medical jargon Luciferase that is the vaccine by Moderna. Any feedback AFTER you watch video appreciated.

https://fb.watch/2wGoQKrgSp/

Old 12-21-2020, 01:06 PM

377 posts, read 382,616 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissTerri View Post
You can’t sue vaccine makers for any vaccine reaction including death not just for this vaccine but for all vaccines. They are not liable. If anything happens you go through a special vaccine court and if you win, really extremely difficult, any compensation comes out of a government fund. It’s also a no fault court so the court will never rule that the vaccine was at fault even if you win your case.
That's not true.

The NVICP act of 1986 allows you to sue vaccine makers, but you have to go through the vaccine court first and lose there before you can file a lawsuit in a district court.

Old 12-21-2020, 01:37 PM

14,682 posts, read 14,648,352 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by goodgal View Post
As an RN this info caught my eye..mainly the medical jargon Luciferase that is the vaccine by Moderna. Any feedback AFTER you watch video appreciated.

As an RN, you should know to stick to scientific and evidence-based practice and studies, not ridiculous conspiracy videos on Facebook and YouTube. I stopped listening when she claimed Moderna only used 40 volunteers, when they enrolled tens of thousands. Then I googled her name an a BBC fact-check article came up: https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/53525002?...MjeUKFPdnD366A

Old 12-21-2020, 05:09 PM

37,102 posts, read 41,267,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by goodgal View Post

There is no luciferase in the Moderna COVID-19 vaccine. That's its name: Moderna COVID-19 vaccine.

Carrie Madej does not know what she is talking about. She is a certified crank.

https://sciencebasedmedicine.org/rna...lter-your-dna/

About luciferase. It is an enzyme, nothing more.

Nothing devilish about it. You enjoy watching fireflies, do you not? Most people do.

https://pdb101.rcsb.org/motm/78

Use of the enzyme in relation to COVID-19:

https://www.tmc.edu/news/2020/07/fir...-for-covid-19/

The enzyme was used in the research leading up to the development of the mRNA vaccine:

https://www.news-medical.net/news/20...particles.aspx

Old 12-21-2020, 05:45 PM

30,166 posts, read 11,795,579 times
Quote:

It would probably be Giuliani and Powell's next career move if you could sue the vaccine makers.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies