Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-24-2020, 10:08 AM

7,680 posts, read 5,527,864 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissTerri View Post
There are effective treatments available. The vaccine is not the only option.
The White House security director was infected and had to have part of his leg amputated. No treatment is going to make his leg grow back.

https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/whit...ry?id=74757679
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-24-2020, 10:19 AM

4,754 posts, read 2,976,139 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BugsyPal View Post
Exactly!

Every year like clockwork healthcare facilities or institutions start telling nurses and others they must get flu shots, and a good number say "no". Then the battles begin...

Few people know that in USA it is extremely difficult to sue makers of vaccines for any adverse reactions, including death.

https://www.policymed.com/2011/03/su...-lawsuits.html

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/12/16/covi...n-lawsuit.html

Medicine is not an exact science, and absent grievous, intentional and or malicious malpractice drug makers are given a pretty wide berth. Unless adverse reactions (again including deaths) rise to levels beyond statically minimal numbers, the greater public good will prevail.
"Greater public good"

Wish they'd have the same practice with covid19 where 99.7% of people under age 65 are fine. Long term side effects are hard to pinpoint considering this strain of coronavirus is only a year old.

Also amazing seeing the faux smart people in this thread champion Pfizer who has settled over $2 billion in wrongful death suits and moderna which has never made a vaccine before, yet they were chosen to rush one. Gullible people willing to be guinea pigs. Besides coronavirus (aka the common cold) always evolve so are people going to get annual coronavirus shots?

Old 12-24-2020, 10:20 AM

30,585 posts, read 25,156,596 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lycanmaster View Post
https://www.zerohedge.com/covid-19/h...-much-mistrust

People are beginning to find out that these vaccines have been rushed out way too fast and that they are the guinea pigs. Not to mention that they are using totally experimental mRNA method for which no long term studies exist...
If those deluded healthcare workers don’t want the vaccine, I’ll be happy to take one of theirs. I will be so happy to have the vaccine.

Old 12-24-2020, 10:31 AM

1,601 posts, read 866,837 times
I don't work in the health care field and since my household consists of two people who work from home and our overall family is quite small, I don't feel like rushing out and getting this. I figure I have the luxury of waiting until summer to see how it goes first, and if deaths and case figures are way down by then I might not take it at all.

What has surprised me is the number of my colleagues that are dead set against taking it. These are intelligent people in high-responsibility white collar positions. You know, the NPR type. I would have though they would be lining up and demanding the shot, but it seems not.

Old 12-24-2020, 10:32 AM

37,102 posts, read 41,261,487 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DabOnEm View Post
"Greater public good"

Wish they'd have the same practice with covid19 where 99.7% of people under age 65 are fine. Long term side effects are hard to pinpoint considering this strain of coronavirus is only a year old.

Also amazing seeing the faux smart people in this thread champion Pfizer who has settled over $2 billion in wrongful death suits and moderna which has never made a vaccine before, yet they were chosen to rush one. Gullible people willing to be guinea pigs. Besides coronavirus (aka the common cold) always evolve so are people going to get annual coronavirus shots?
SARS-CoV-2 did not evolve from one of the coronaviruses that cause colds.

Have any of the Pfizer lawsuits involved vaccines?

Moderna was chosen because of its experience with developing the mRNA platform. Their vaccine did not just poof into existence in a matter of days.

It is unknown whether boosters will be needed and if so, how often.

Old 12-24-2020, 10:39 AM

26,660 posts, read 13,743,804 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by suzy_q2010 View Post
There are no 100% effective treatments. That includes ivermectin. Claiming 100% effectiveness without randomized trials is irresponsible.
I didn’t make a claim of any treatment being 100% effective. Not sure why you felt the need to post that and why you continually turn your nose up at treatments that show great promise and are backed by science.

Quote:
Maybe because they personally perceive the risk of the disease is greater than the risk of the vaccine?
or maybe they don’t realize that it wasn’t tested on pregnant women and don’t understand that they are signing themselves and their unborn babies up to be the guinea pigs.

Old 12-24-2020, 10:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdnirene View Post
The White House security director was infected and had to have part of his leg amputated. No treatment is going to make his leg grow back.

https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/whit...ry?id=74757679

What if he had been given early treatment and not had to wait until he was severely ill?

Old 12-24-2020, 10:44 AM

37,102 posts, read 41,261,487 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissTerri View Post
I didn’t make a claim of any treatment being 100% effective. Not sure you felt the need to post that and why you continually turn your nose up at treatments that show great promise and are backed by science.

or maybe they don’t realize that it wasn’t tested on pregnant women and don’t understand that they are signing themselves and their unborn babies up to be the guinea pigs.
You would rather treat than prevent. I would rather prevent and never need to treat, because no treatment will be 100%, and the ivermectin promoters are claiming that.

You can be very sure that any woman who decides to take any coronavirus vaccine will have a discussion with her doctor about it. It is called informed consent. Pregnant women are at higher risk for severe disease and mortality from COVID-19.

Old 12-24-2020, 10:49 AM

18,466 posts, read 15,250,426 times
Quote:
You would rather treat than prevent. I would rather prevent and never need to treat, because no treatment will be 100%, and the ivermectin promoters are claiming that.

You can be very sure that any woman who decides to take any coronavirus vaccine will have a discussion with her doctor about it. It is called informed consent. Pregnant women are at higher risk for severe disease and mortality from COVID-19.
We had to do a c-section 8 weeks early, on a woman on a ventilator to keep the baby from dying along with the mother. So there is that to consider.

We also had a baby come out of another COVID mother completely floppy and unresponsive. Thankfully, that baby lived, but only after weeks in the NICU.

Old 12-24-2020, 10:50 AM

Quote:
You do what works for you. Just don’t tell others that they have to make the same choice as you.

Quote:
. Yeah, right. My OB encouraged the flu shot when I was pregnant without ever mentioning that the flu shot was not tested on pregnant women.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies