Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-23-2020, 08:57 PM

14,646 posts, read 14,554,802 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rogerbly View Post
Yes I dont see anything GOOD from this "vaccine"

They havent isolated anything so how can they make a vaccine??

ITS VERY SUSPICIOUS!!!!!!!!! -- No one should let themselves be injected with this!!
Enjoy getting COVID, Mr Caps Lock. I've seen a lot of great things come from it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-23-2020, 08:59 PM

3,408 posts, read 1,885,815 times
Those who refuse the shot when offered should have to sign a waiver that they won't sue if they contract the virus...and visa versa.

Old 12-23-2020, 09:04 PM

17,728 posts, read 15,430,891 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnesthesiaMD View Post
Can it cause cytokine storm? Well, it does cause an inflammatory response. It is supposed to. It wouldn't work without it. But the same could be said for every vaccine. And anything that causes an inflammatory response has the potential to cause cytokine storm, given the right circumstances. Our bodies are subjected to inflammatory responses all the time, and the vast majority do not lead to cytokine storm.

That said, that hasn't been an issue with the vaccine. It is a MAJOR issue with people who have contracted the COVID-19 virus.
Right, I did know an inflammatory response is what vaccines do. I've never had an issue before with any vaccine. I get my flu shot every year, I've had the shingles vaccine series 2 years ago, so I assume the cv19 vaccine will be fine. I plan to get it as soon as I can.

As long as no one is giving me a palatal ridge lidocaine injection (ever, ever again), I'm good.

Old 12-23-2020, 09:10 PM

18,423 posts, read 15,165,447 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lottamoxie View Post
Right, I did know an inflammatory response is what vaccines do. I've never had an issue before with any vaccine. I get my flu shot every year, I've had the shingles vaccine series 2 years ago, so I assume the cv19 vaccine will be fine. I plan to get it as soon as I can.

As long as no one is giving me a palatal ridge lidocaine injection (ever, ever again), I'm good.
Yes, I cant imagine that being fun at all.

Old 12-23-2020, 09:30 PM

Quote:
Yes, I cant imagine that being fun at all.
I don't recommend it. The injection pain was profound, but far worse the numbness spread into my sinuses, all the way to my eyebrow. The epi triggered a panic attack. Took me years to get over the dental phobia that emerged from that experience.

So yeah, a needle in my arse, or arm or wherever, no big deal.

Old 12-23-2020, 09:37 PM

37,005 posts, read 41,043,815 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lottamoxie View Post
Question I haven't seen answered yet on any of the vaccine info sites:

Can this vaccine cause a cytokine storm immune system reaction? If yes, any idea what would be the underlying issue that could cause this to occur? That's really my only concern and I haven't heard of any problem except those who are allergic to an ingredient in the vaccine (possibly the glycol agent?).
Quote:
Can it cause cytokine storm? Well, it does cause an inflammatory response. It is supposed to. It wouldn't work without it. But the same could be said for every vaccine. And anything that causes an inflammatory response has the potential to cause cytokine storm, given the right circumstances. Our bodies are subjected to inflammatory responses all the time, and the vast majority do not lead to cytokine storm.

That said, that hasn't been an issue with the vaccine. It is a MAJOR issue with people who have contracted the COVID-19 virus.
A concern, and issues that have been looked for in early animal studies, are antibody-dependent enhancement and vaccine associated enhanced respiratory disease. Fortunately, neither happened with the mRNA vaccines.

https://www.nih.gov/news-events/news...-mouse-studies

Old 12-23-2020, 10:26 PM

18,423 posts, read 15,165,447 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by suzy_q2010 View Post
A concern, and issues that have been looked for in early animal studies, are antibody-dependent enhancement and vaccine associated enhanced respiratory disease. Fortunately, neither happened with the mRNA vaccines.

https://www.nih.gov/news-events/news...-mouse-studies
Well, yes. This vaccine is better than whole virus vaccines in that respect. The antibodies produced in response to whole viruses is more random, and sometimes the antibodies produced have no effect on the virus, and even worse, other times, the antibodies can actually aid the virus in entering the cell, doing the opposite of what we want them to do. The mRNA vaccine is highly specific to the spike proteins, so this phenomenon is much less likely, if not impossible altogether.

Old 12-23-2020, 10:36 PM

People don't have a problem putting dead viruses into their bodies (which is what vaccines have traditionally contained), but a vaccine that very specifically and precisely allows the body to recognize a piece of a virus, without any virus being used whatsoever, and develop immunity to that virus, is seen as "dangerous." Boggles the mind.

mRNA has been studied, researched, and developed for 2 decades. This isn't just some fly-by-night scientific discovery. It's been in the works and used already.

Logic won't penetrate when someone refuses to learn.

Old 12-24-2020, 05:10 AM

8,840 posts, read 4,785,304 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MattCW View Post
All these posts saying "they got it and were fine" are COMPLETELY missing the point that us skeptics are bringing up. It's not short-term side effects we're largely worried about (though I personally don't discount them, but I hold the same attitude toward ANY medicine). It's what's going to happen 5, 10, 15 years down the road to recipients? You know, the same timeframes that other vaccines get in testing prior to distribution. The newish chickenpox vaccine for instance? Didn't exist when I was growing up, but if I have kids will I be opposed to them getting it? Nope.
What's going to happen 5, 10, 15 years down the road if you get the virus? No one knows. We already know that about 10% of people who get the virus are long haulers and still experiencing symptoms months later. There's been a lot of concern about heart and nerve damage from the virus.

I can't wait to be vaccinated.

Old 12-24-2020, 07:34 AM

5,517 posts, read 2,390,540 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by suzy_q2010 View Post
The rapid tests are less accurate. You sacrifice sensitivity and specificity for ease of testing and speedy results. A negative rapid test has to be confirmed with PCR.
Accurate enough at over 97%. If they get the cost down to $3 you could test daily by performing repeat tests or follow-up diagnostic tests if you are showing positive.

https://abbott.mediaroom.com/2020-08...-Tests-a-Month
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies