Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-20-2020, 08:52 PM

3,647 posts, read 1,601,831 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Genz View Post
The constitution doesn't say we can void the results if we don't like them.
The Supreme Court could void an election if they found the Constitution had been violated.

it's known as a Redo Election. When one side claims corruption and the state or courts decide it's necessary. It's been done on the state level before:

Quote:
in the Georgia House District 28 Republican primaries on Sept. 18, 2018, Banks County Judge David Sweat voided the May election results and set a redo election for Dec. 4, 2018. Reason for redo election:ballot error and ineligible voters

In 2019, a redo election in North Carolina's 9th Congressional District took place 308 days after the initial election.

In 2020, a redo election for sheriff in Iron County, Missouri, took place 49 days after the initial election.
https://ballotpedia.org/What_is_a_re...ction%3F_(2020)
Also:

Under federal law, a member of the House or Senate can contest the Electoral College results from any state, forcing the House and Senate to separate for up to two hours of debate and vote on whether to accept a slate of electors. A majority of both chambers would have to support the motion to successfully challenge a given slate of electors,
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-20-2020, 08:54 PM

22,472 posts, read 11,998,943 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by James Bond 007 View Post
Obviously you could care less about a real audit. You are, once again, simply looking for excuses to disbelieve the election.
ROFL

Anyone who cares about having safe and secure elections going forward should welcome a full audit. I don't care what side of the aisle one favors, we all should want the same thing---safe and secure elections. If we don't weed out vote fraud, then going forward, the dems will know that they can rig elections to get the results they want. IOW, the US will be no better than a third world banana republic.

It's horrifying to think that dems don't care about making our elections safe and secure. All they care about is getting their candidate in office. That's why they are in a big rush to sweep this whole mess under the rug. That is shameful and despicable.

What do you have to lose by having a full audit done? If Biden won fair and square and a full audit discovers that, you should be welcoming that. Yet, instead, you're protesting against it and keep repeating that there was no fraud. OTOH, you are upset that evidence of vote fraud is coming to the surface.

Old 12-20-2020, 08:55 PM

1,748 posts, read 2,479,102 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MMS02760 View Post
Trump is and always has been a great danger to America. The sooner he is out of office, the better.
Absolutely!

Old 12-20-2020, 08:56 PM

Quote:
I am. In fact, I am so confident, I am willing to put money on it. Do you want to make a bet as to who will be inaugurated on January 20th? I'm game.
Nah. Plus, you aren't exactly oozing with confidence. If you were, you would be sitting back calmly watching this all unfold.

Old 12-20-2020, 08:58 PM

1,748 posts, read 2,479,102 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by V8 Vega View Post
The rule of law is gone now, If the Democrats get away with this they will do it again and again.
Get away with what? Please stay off Breitbart and Parler.

Old 12-20-2020, 08:58 PM

20,872 posts, read 9,536,978 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS2IAD View Post
Nah...
Exactly as I suspected.

Old 12-20-2020, 09:03 PM

Quote:
Exactly as I suspected.
I'm not a betting person. That's why. Besides if I win, I'll never see your money

You don't deny that you're not secure in your belief that Biden won fair and square. Your silence speaks volumes.

Old 12-20-2020, 09:08 PM

Quote:
You don't deny that you're not secure in your belief that Biden won fair and square. Your silence speaks volumes.
I have spent so many posts in the last month claiming that Biden won fair and square I wouldn't know where to begin. You can browse through my posts if you'd like.

Old 12-20-2020, 09:10 PM

13,011 posts, read 13,047,890 times
Quote:
I'm not a betting person. That's why. Besides if I win, I'll never see your money

You are calling a guy who posted 5 times in the past 45 minutes silent? And stating that a guy who is willing to bet on the outcome is not secure?

This is why you believe in the story of fraudulent election activity. You are unable to accurately perceive reality.

Old 12-20-2020, 09:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishbrains View Post
You are calling a guy who posted 5 times in the past 45 minutes silent? And stating that a guy who is willing to bet on the outcome is not secure?

This is why you believe in the story of fraudulent election activity. You are unable to accurately perceive reality.
Yup. It appears he also hasn't noticed what I've written right below my screen name. It's been there for over a month.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies