Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-20-2020, 04:59 PM

15,592 posts, read 15,665,527 times

Advertisements

Let's start by remembering that no matter what Trump lyingly claims, Mueller never exonerated him. Mueller unfortunately neglected to require Trump to be questioned directly, and didn't dig beyond some narrow confines, so there's no knowing what he might have turned up. It's always possible that there was collusion by Trump, but that Trump himself carefully maintained his distance. After all, Trump is known for hating people to even take notes at meetings, because he hates the idea of evidence.

But Trump's strange behavior has convinced all by his most blind followers that something peculiar was going on. His fulsome praise of Putin was suspicious. His preferring to take the word of Putin over his own U.S. experts was suspicious. His efforts to coerce Ukraine to shift blame away from Russia was suspicious. His connections with Russia-related people was suspicious, including people like Paul Manafort to Felix Sater. His financial involvement with Russians was suspicious, including possible money-laundering. His backing out of treaties in a way that helped Russia was suspicious.

Then, with the internet, he refused for a long time to do anything to investigate the earlier Russian hacking. When Putin make denials, Trump proclaimed that he believed him. On the 2020 election, Putin was known to favor Trump, but according to Christopher Krebs, Russia was blocked from interfering much with the elections.

So with all that background, it's not much of a leap to think that Trump may have possibly arranged with Putin to do nothing to combat the latest hack, and all news outlets are commenting on the fact that Trump has not spoken out against Russia about the hack. Maybe this is one last favor that Trump is doing for Putin, allowing Russia access to government secrets? Or maybe this is one last favor that Putin is doing for Trump, wreaking as much damage as possible, which would be right in line with Trump's vindictiveness?

At present, Trump is again trying to deflect blame from Russia, suggesting that maybe China is the culprit.

So is it time to start investigating collusion again?

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-20-2020, 05:05 PM

25,719 posts, read 18,788,778 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cida View Post
Let's get back to Russian collusion
Let's not. Plenty of my tax dollars have been flushed down the toilet on that nonsense already. In fact, I would rather see it LITERALLY flushed down the toilet.

Old 12-20-2020, 05:16 PM

11,161 posts, read 7,959,249 times
Lol.. Nice try to take the attention away from the Chinese and the Biden’s being in bed with them.

Old 12-20-2020, 05:21 PM

18,725 posts, read 7,604,328 times
Hilarious.

"We haven't been able to lay a glove on Trump for four years, and we never found the slightest evidence he was colluding with Russia. But nothing else has worked, so let's go back to bashing him for it anyway!"

And these people wonder why no one listens to them any more.

Old 12-20-2020, 05:42 PM

13,684 posts, read 9,006,517 times
Quote:
Let's start by remembering that no matter what Trump lyingly claims, Mueller never exonerated him. Mueller unfortunately neglected to require Trump to be questioned directly, and didn't dig beyond some narrow confines, so there's no knowing what he might have turned up. It's always possible that there was collusion by Trump, but that Trump himself carefully maintained his distance. After all, Trump is known for hating people to even take notes at meetings, because he hates the idea of evidence.

But Trump's strange behavior has convinced all by his most blind followers that something peculiar was going on. His fulsome praise of Putin was suspicious. His preferring to take the word of Putin over his own U.S. experts was suspicious. His efforts to coerce Ukraine to shift blame away from Russia was suspicious. His connections with Russia-related people was suspicious, including people like Paul Manafort to Felix Sater. His financial involvement with Russians was suspicious, including possible money-laundering. His backing out of treaties in a way that helped Russia was suspicious.

Then, with the internet, he refused for a long time to do anything to investigate the earlier Russian hacking. When Putin make denials, Trump proclaimed that he believed him. On the 2020 election, Putin was known to favor Trump, but according to Christopher Krebs, Russia was blocked from interfering much with the elections.

So with all that background, it's not much of a leap to think that Trump may have possibly arranged with Putin to do nothing to combat the latest hack, and all news outlets are commenting on the fact that Trump has not spoken out against Russia about the hack. Maybe this is one last favor that Trump is doing for Putin, allowing Russia access to government secrets? Or maybe this is one last favor that Putin is doing for Trump, wreaking as much damage as possible, which would be right in line with Trump's vindictiveness?

At present, Trump is again trying to deflect blame from Russia, suggesting that maybe China is the culprit.

So is it time to start investigating collusion again?

After Biden takes office. It is no wonder that President Trump is desperate to remain in office, so he can't be charged with Federal crimes. He knows that if he can stay another four years, the statute of limitations would run out. But, if he is innocent, why worry about statute of limitations?

Note: I still see no reason to give weight to that long-ago opinion from the Justice Department that a sitting President cannot be indicted. Obviously, I would not want a sitting President to be indicted on flimsy evidence, but the Mueller Report was pretty damning, as is the new, unredacted sections being released, slowly. No wonder Attorney General Barr is getting out of town December 24th.

There is no doubt, in my mind, that President Trump favors Mr. Putin. The history shows it clearly.

I also ignore the idiots that call Mr. Biden "Chinese Joe" or whatever. They are only saying that because Mr. Trump said that, and they are literally sheeple. Plus, Mr. Trump's pulling out of the transatlantic accord literally opened the door to pan-Asia to China. They could not be more delighted.

We are rapidly approaching the make or break point for Mr. Trump. I predict that he will issue a mountain of pardons for his children and associates. He may, if he's a fool, attempt to pardon himself. He will excuse all of the pardons by saying that he is protecting his followers from 'unnecessary investigations' by 'Democrats'. I predict that he will issue hundreds of pardons, resign, and let Mr. Pence, as the new President, pardon him, as Ford did for Nixon.

I hope, of course, that Mr. Trump tries to pardon himself. His Justices on the Supreme Court may well surprise him by their interpretation of the pardon clause of the Constitution, at least, if they are truly 'originist'.

Of course, Mr. Trump is not immune from state charges. Like the child he is, he figured that by moving to Florida will keep him from being charged with financial crimes in New York. He will be proven wrong. Plus, I think that a lawsuit will show that he is not entitled to claim Mar-a-Largo as his residency, per that 1993 agreement. Mr. Trump's vote in this last election was likely illegal. I saw this his daughter, whom he loves 'a lot', and her husband have purchased a house on an island off the Miami coast. They probably figure they are safe their.

Old 12-20-2020, 06:03 PM

25,442 posts, read 9,800,380 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisC View Post
Let's not. Plenty of my tax dollars have been flushed down the toilet on that nonsense already. In fact, I would rather see it LITERALLY flushed down the toilet.
The government was able to recoup a lot of that money when they prosecuted people like Manafort.

Old 12-20-2020, 06:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydney123 View Post
Lol.. Nice try to take the attention away from the Chinese and the Biden’s being in bed with them.
It's the opposite - Trump trying to turn attention to China to deflect from Russia. You notice how he just tried to shift the blame to China? And you're aware of how warmly Trump had been speaking with China and had private financial dealings there?

Old 12-20-2020, 06:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by legalsea View Post
After Biden takes office. It is no wonder that President Trump is desperate to remain in office, so he can't be charged with Federal crimes. He knows that if he can stay another four years, the statute of limitations would run out. But, if he is innocent, why worry about statute of limitations?

Note: I still see no reason to give weight to that long-ago opinion from the Justice Department that a sitting President cannot be indicted. Obviously, I would not want a sitting President to be indicted on flimsy evidence, but the Mueller Report was pretty damning, as is the new, unredacted sections being released, slowly. No wonder Attorney General Barr is getting out of town December 24th.

There is no doubt, in my mind, that President Trump favors Mr. Putin. The history shows it clearly.

I also ignore the idiots that call Mr. Biden "Chinese Joe" or whatever. They are only saying that because Mr. Trump said that, and they are literally sheeple. Plus, Mr. Trump's pulling out of the transatlantic accord literally opened the door to pan-Asia to China. They could not be more delighted.

We are rapidly approaching the make or break point for Mr. Trump. I predict that he will issue a mountain of pardons for his children and associates. He may, if he's a fool, attempt to pardon himself. He will excuse all of the pardons by saying that he is protecting his followers from 'unnecessary investigations' by 'Democrats'. I predict that he will issue hundreds of pardons, resign, and let Mr. Pence, as the new President, pardon him, as Ford did for Nixon.

I hope, of course, that Mr. Trump tries to pardon himself. His Justices on the Supreme Court may well surprise him by their interpretation of the pardon clause of the Constitution, at least, if they are truly 'originist'.

Of course, Mr. Trump is not immune from state charges. Like the child he is, he figured that by moving to Florida will keep him from being charged with financial crimes in New York. He will be proven wrong. Plus, I think that a lawsuit will show that he is not entitled to claim Mar-a-Largo as his residency, per that 1993 agreement. Mr. Trump's vote in this last election was likely illegal. I saw this his daughter, whom he loves 'a lot', and her husband have purchased a house on an island off the Miami coast. They probably figure they are safe their.

I agree. The idea of not indicting a sitting president was just an opinion of the moment, and not anything set in stone. I don't even know what the issues were then, but I'm sure they weren't as serious as Trump's' issues.

The "China Joe" is just another typical stupid childish insult to avoid the issue. It's lucky for Trump that Democrats are too polite to use terms like "Fat Donald" or "Lying Donald" or "Grifting Donald."

Old 12-20-2020, 06:52 PM

13,684 posts, read 9,006,517 times
Quote:
I agree. The idea of not indicting a sitting president was just an opinion of the moment, and not anything set in stone. I don't even know what the issues were then, but I'm sure they weren't as serious as Trump's' issues.

The "China Joe" is just another typical stupid childish insult to avoid the issue. It's lucky for Trump that Democrats are too polite to use terms like "Fat Donald" or "Lying Donald" or "Grifting Donald."

If you, or others, are interested, here is the link to the original memo concerning indictment of a sitting President:

https://assets.documentcloud.org/doc...361/092473.pdf

Old 12-20-2020, 06:53 PM

6,750 posts, read 3,365,850 times
You liberals really are delusional. You must sit around all day waiting for your government handouts, watching CNN, and dreaming up all kinds of idiotic things.

If you really do back the criminal fraud empty suit you selected to be the White House Puppet you should spend more time on how he's going to save to world, not every time Trump farts in your general direction.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies