Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-23-2020, 10:35 AM

36,853 posts, read 17,368,921 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kavalier View Post
Let them eat cake, indeed. They think we working Americans are absolute scum. How else could they treat us like absolute scum?
Rand Paul, the sociopath, was on the floor of Congress railing against giving Americans back their money.

He called it "free money".

No, Paul, you moronic imbecile. It's the money that was stolen from us at gunpoint and you're holding it hostage.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-23-2020, 11:03 AM

11,199 posts, read 9,087,687 times
Why are people so shocked by the pork in this bill? Almost every bill similar to this one has hidden pork in it.

Politicians are play for pay.

The USA needs to stop acting like the United Nations and World Police with our tax dollars.

Old 12-23-2020, 11:09 AM

26,979 posts, read 15,892,870 times
If Joe Biden had cried $600 wasn't enough our Trumpies would suddenly become fiscal conservatives. I don't really need the $600 or the $2000 and neither do most Americans. Whatever I get will go straight to my brokerage account.

Old 12-23-2020, 11:19 AM

14,478 posts, read 20,657,588 times

Old 12-23-2020, 11:24 AM

30,253 posts, read 23,742,275 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OnOurWayHome View Post
He only "wanted" a bigger stimulus before the election because he thought it would help him get votes. Once he lost and it wouldn't help him, he didn't care.

For now I think he's trying to throw a last-minute wrench in this thing to stay relevant on his way out the door. Maybe also trying to make his ridiculous pardons the second story on cable news. If he does veto, then what happens? Pretty sure a lot of the senators have left DC and they can't override it remotely?

I think the $600 is way too low but a bird in the hand...
It is amazing the absolute horse vomit you people swallow from the liars in the MSM.

Here's the reality:

https://twitter.com/mattdizwhitlock/...99845779582977

Quote:
Pelosi said “nothing was better than something†and has openly admitted her delay was about impacting the Presidential election.

There is one person responsible for this delay, and she’s proud of it.
Watch the video in that link. She actually claims that WOLF BLITZER is covering for the Republicans. That's how low Nancy has sunk - she's attacking CNN because they are asking her the hard questions. Watch it.

Quote:
...“It’s true that McConnell and Senate Republicans objected to Mnuchin’s $1.8 trillion plan, but so did Pelosi, who said in October: ‘This proposal amounted to one step forward, two steps back.'â€

“There is no doubt this new agreement contains input from our Democratic colleagues. It is bipartisan. But these matters could have been settled long ago,†McConnell said. “So why did it take all this time? We know why. We have heard Democrats say openly that they were not willing to deal all summer and fall, but are willing now, because they now have a President-elect of their own political party. That’s not my accusation … that’s their admission.â€
https://www.dailywire.com/news/pelos...efore-election

Quote:
Pelosi On Why She Will Accept A Smaller Relief Bill: It’s ‘Okay Now Because We Have A New President’

Democrat House Speaker Nancy Pelosi said on Friday that she would work with Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell to pass a smaller coronavirus relief package which she deemed was now okay “because we have a new president.â€

“What shifted in your opinion when the Problem Solvers Caucus had a much larger bill a few months ago?†a reporter asked Pelosi. “You did not like that piece of legislation. What has shifted now when they’re on board with this piece that’s come out in the Senate?â€

“Perhaps you missed what I said earlier. Joe Biden committed to ending and crushing the virus and had a build better America initiative, build back better,†Pelosi snapped back. “A vaccine, answer to our prayers. An answer to our prayers of 95% effectiveness in terms of Pfizer and Moderna and there maybe others coming forward. That is a total game changer, a new president and a vaccine.â€...
I mean, can you even believe this b? She has the audacity to make it sound like Biden got them the vaccine.

https://www.dailywire.com/news/pelos...-new-president

Quote:
Democrat Senator Admits Election Played Role In Holding Up Relief Bill

“Senator Bernie Sanders said that Democrats turned down a deal from the White House for $1.8 trillion because Schumer and Pelosi wanted $2.2 trillion. Now you’re looking at a compromise deal of about half of the White House offered, $908 billion. We don’t even know if we’re going to be able to see that passed. Looking back, was it a mistake for Pelosi and Schumer to turn down 1.8 trillion?â€

Durbin: “There was some exuberance involved because an election was coming, and they were both bidding one another and trying to find common ground. They didn’t reach that point. But to return to those pre-election days and sentiments — political sentiments is very difficult. We are looking at the reality now of a new president coming on board in just a few weeks.
https://www.dailywire.com/news/democ...up-relief-bill

In other words, the Republicans were giving them a lot more than they have now in this new bill, but were not about to back down when that 2.2 trillion bill was l - o - a - d - e - d with their little pet projects that benefit THEMSELVES, not you, not me, not anyone else in this country but those who already have enough. Oh, and trying to buy illegal votes by giving them stimulus money, as well. And the Dems wouldn't go for anything because "OMG, I so, like, Hate Trump!"

You, and the other lefties on here, or anywhere, don't get to come down on Republicans and say NOTHING about your own party. It's flat out lying. Trump was trying to get just a stimulus bill passed, nothing about any other kind of spending, JUST a stimulus bill to get money to the people in this country - neither one of these freak shows on the left or right went for that.

The TDS makes people look like morons, because they have no idea what is actually going on. It's called "political games" at your expense, by BOTH PARTIES!

Old 12-23-2020, 11:58 AM

24,201 posts, read 19,215,171 times
oh dear

Whatever will the Trumpers do when they find out the foreign aid they are losing their heads over is exactly (and sometimes slightly less) than was was in Trump's own budget proposal?

https://twitter.com/Phil_Mattingly/s...91993782005762

Old 12-23-2020, 12:17 PM

25,738 posts, read 12,824,670 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by emm74 View Post
oh dear

Whatever will the Trumpers do when they find out the foreign aid they are losing their heads over is exactly (and sometimes slightly less) than was was in Trump's own budget proposal?

https://twitter.com/Phil_Mattingly/s...91993782005762
I agree, but please link Biden's budget proposal too, so I can see what he had in his?????????

Old 12-23-2020, 12:23 PM

24,201 posts, read 19,215,171 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beach43ofus View Post
I agree, but please link Biden's budget proposal too, so I can see what he had in his?????????
try google if you actually want to know but of course you don't, you just think "whataboutism" is a winning argument

which of course it's not because Dems aren't the ones whose heads are exploding because the budget, as is customary, includes foreign aid - and they are smart enough to understand the different between the COVID relief bill and the budget

Old 12-23-2020, 01:22 PM

22,331 posts, read 29,439,446 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgdriver74 View Post
I bet any 10 of us on CD could together write a better bill over a long weekend fueled only with a couple cases of beer and some pizza.
Wine for me please!

Old 12-23-2020, 01:33 PM

24,511 posts, read 33,317,235 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by himain View Post
Wine for me please!
Vanilla Coke for me! Oh, and pizza.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies