Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-22-2020, 09:38 AM

25,878 posts, read 18,894,369 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobBarley_93 View Post
I frankly enjoy these Immigrant Caravan stories. When you need to scare the right wing base to keep the juices running.
Translation: frankly I enjoy watching my country be destroyed as long as it frightens people I don't agree with.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-22-2020, 09:40 AM

50,405 posts, read 47,145,000 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texan2yankee View Post
those who oppose the coming caravans of illegals/refugees who will be making america their home and receiving free schooling for their kids, health care, housing vouchers, etc. from the labor of american taxpayers might want to get used to it.

american voters voted to open the borders in 2020.
We were already used to it back when 4 out of 10 drivers on the road in places like Escondido were here illegally with no license. The leftist cure was to simply give them licenses.

Old 12-22-2020, 09:43 AM

7,965 posts, read 9,180,543 times
Guess we will get to see more murders by MS 13 gang members. Thankfully they primarily hit other Hispanics as part of gang initiations.

Old 12-22-2020, 10:14 AM

57,378 posts, read 26,294,968 times
These central American countries were devastated by hurricanes initiating the migration, they are fighting for survival. This is the result for those that ignore climate change, there will be more migrations due to the economic damage in these poor countries.

Old 12-22-2020, 10:23 AM

30,198 posts, read 11,850,700 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
It wasn't Trump that encouraged these caravans in fact he discouraged them by telling these people they'd get separated from their kids and go to jail if they tried to enter our country illegally. He also made asylum seekers wait in Mexico till their cases could be heard so WTH are you talking about? They probably crashed our borders knowing that the wall would be built and it would stop them in the future.
My point is they are going to come as long as opportunity is better in America. I don't think anyone should be allowed in here that way but Trump had 4 years to solve the immigration problem and did not. For me the solution now is replace China with Central America for making goods for the USA. People will stay because there will be jobs and a lot of our illegal immigration problems will be solved. And China will be hurt financially.
Quote:
Oh just stop with this Mexico was going to write a check for the wall! That was never promised but they are paying in other ways. Why do you care anyway since where the good walls have been built they are already 90% effective? Did you cry back in 2006 when the flimsy fencing was built under Obama compliments of the taxpayer? Of course you didn't!
It was never promised, really? The below sounds like a promise to me. And I am for a border wall and tough border protection. Lived most of my life near the southern border saw the situation first hand on a daily basis. But Trump failed. A partial wall is like no wall. They will just go where the wall was not built.

Obama was not POTUS in 2006 so I have no idea what you were rambling about. Biden will be a disaster on border security and the wall will stop being built. But Trump needed to get it done in one term and Mexico could have paid for it with a tax on remittances going back to Mexico. Very simple.

https://www.politifact.com/truth-o-m...mexico-pay-it/

"Mark my words," Donald Trump said when he launched his presidential campaign on June 16, 2015.
Trump had just promised to "build a great wall," on the U.S.-Mexico border, "very inexpensively."
"And I will have Mexico pay for that wall," he said.

Old 12-22-2020, 10:24 AM

4,522 posts, read 1,872,105 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
These central American countries were devastated by hurricanes initiating the migration, they are fighting for survival. This is the result for those that ignore climate change, there will be more migrations due to the economic damage in these poor countries.
Or because women in Honduras and Guatemala can’t figure out how to stop pumping out babies.

Old 12-22-2020, 10:36 AM

24,539 posts, read 17,284,948 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by James Bond 007 View Post
It's so much fun watching Trumpie heads explode.

And it boggles the mind that Democrats don't care that people are swarming the border to take advantage of our gullible generosity. If their sob story doesn't work they just sneak in.

The big question is will Biden use the "cages" that Obama built and used and Trump continued to use to detain the "asylum seeking refugees" OR will Biden tell the border patrols to just wave everyone through?

It would certainly be hypocritical if Joe used those cages but then again does the Left even care about being called out for fools? We will see what the media has to say about this. They will tell us if we should be outraged or not. They will let us know if we need to go and block the entrances to ICE centers in protest etc etc....

Old 12-22-2020, 10:58 AM

546 posts, read 243,578 times
The new spending bill not only takes care of illegals and their kids in the spending/covid bills just signed, it's going to RETROACTIVELY give them the money from the last stimulus...you cannot make this stuff up...I hate congress!

Old 12-22-2020, 11:00 AM

18,741 posts, read 7,632,416 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jwest09 View Post
Not to worry. They are all COVID free.
Right. Not a single one of them will charge us for the Covid they give us.

Old 12-22-2020, 11:01 AM

18,741 posts, read 7,632,416 times
Quote:
It wasn't Trump that encouraged these caravans in fact he discouraged them by telling these people they'd get separated from their kids and go to jail if they tried to enter our country illegally. He also made asylum seekers wait in Mexico till their cases could be heard so WTH are you talking about?
He's spreading hate. Don't bother him with trivialities like truth or honesty.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies