Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-22-2020, 05:32 AM

8,518 posts, read 3,749,936 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedwoodOriginal View Post
As a two time Trump voter, this scares me. He needs to vacate office. What he is doing is harming our country, on both sides.
How could you not see this coming. From day one he was autocratic.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-22-2020, 05:42 AM

8,313 posts, read 3,918,667 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camaro5 View Post
Gee, a CNN article that bashed Trump (again) just to scare the bejeezus out of people. None of this is going to happen and you're nuts if you think it is.

I really wonder how you left wing lunatics think you're going to run a country with all the nonsense you believe.
It's not going to happen, because for today, our system of government is strong enough to snuff out the aspirations of a would-be dictator like Donald Trump.

Make no mistake - if Trump thought he could throw our Constitution in the trash and install himself as an autocrat he would do it in a heartbeat.

This is crystal clear to almost everyone now. Believe it or not, there are still people that either don't comprehend this, or DO understand it and openly celebrate the idea of moving the USA toward one-party rule.

Old 12-22-2020, 06:12 AM

3,576 posts, read 2,192,497 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Genz View Post
https://www.cnn.com/2020/12/21/polit...ell/index.html

This is getting really scary. He's apparently only listening to dangerous fringe lunatics now. Trump talking about using the military to throw out the votes and keep himself installed as president.

Then you have blood thirsty war monger Michael Flynn telling Trump to "cross the rubicon" which refers to Julius Cesar becoming a dictator and bringing Imperialism to Rome. Oh and he was talking to foreign spies again!

It seems what they want and what they care about is American blood in the streets.
Cnn is fake news if your reading their lies you should be scared lmao

Old 12-22-2020, 06:18 AM

7,759 posts, read 3,875,424 times
Quote:
As a two time Trump voter, this scares me. He needs to vacate office. What he is doing is harming our country, on both sides.
I hope he tries a coup and is forcibly removed by WH security which will destroy any chances of a 2024 comeback

Old 12-22-2020, 06:20 AM

7,759 posts, read 3,875,424 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WK91 View Post
Yet another fake story. There will be no problem with the handover.

But hypothetically, I do find it fascinating to think about what would happen if a President had the full backing of his cabinet (Trump does not) , the leadership at the Pentagon (Trump does not) and perhaps either a majority in the Senate or House who all wanted him to stay (Trump doesn’t have this).

Who would force the transfer of power then? Now that would be scary. Biden or Harris would likely have all that in place in 2024. The only thing stopping them from not stepping down would be themselves.
It's whatever the American people want. Term limits were introduced to the constitution after the fact.

That being said, a good leader should have successors and a good party should have bench strength.

Old 12-22-2020, 06:20 AM

8,518 posts, read 3,749,936 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GearHeadDave View Post
It's not going to happen, because for today, our system of government is strong enough to snuff out the aspirations of a would-be dictator like Donald Trump.

Make no mistake - if Trump thought he could throw our Constitution in the trash and install himself as an autocrat he would do it in a heartbeat.

This is crystal clear to almost everyone now. Believe it or not, there are still people that either don't comprehend this, or DO understand it and openly celebrate the idea of moving the USA toward one-party rule.
He is doing it

Old 12-22-2020, 06:25 AM

6,393 posts, read 4,110,405 times
Quote:
I don't believe you voted for him twice. I have met Trump voters in real life and every one of them want him to overturn the election and stay on. I have yet to meet any Trump supporter who thinks he should concede and vacate the white house in January.

One of the hallmarks of authoritarianism is the followers are loyal to the dear leader more than the law or the country.

I'm not just talking about the rednecks waving the confed flag. I know a retired professor and his wife who's a retired teacher who both want Trump to declare martial law and overturn the election. Authoritarians come in all social classes.

Old 12-22-2020, 06:31 AM

6,933 posts, read 2,387,657 times
Zombie thread alert.

You cannot reason with these contaminated drones.

Out

Old 12-22-2020, 06:33 AM

8,313 posts, read 3,918,667 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MetroWord View Post
I don't believe you voted for him twice. I have met Trump voters in real life and every one of them want him to overturn the election and stay on. I have yet to meet any Trump supporter who thinks he should concede and vacate the white house in January.

One of the hallmarks of authoritarianism is the followers are loyal to the dear leader more than the law or the country.

I'm not just talking about the rednecks waving the confed flag. I know a retired professor and his wife who's a retired teacher who both want Trump to declare martial law and overturn the election. Authoritarians come in all social classes.
Absolutely true. How do people think the fascists came to power in Europe in the early twentieth century? Plenty of people that supported the dictators were well educated. And still they supported regimes that eventually led to the deaths of 75 million people.

The idea that it "can't happen here" is naive. This time around, it looks like we will survive this attack on our Constitutional republic. But will it stand into the future against a continuous onslaught from the Neo-fascist Right?

There is no guarantee.

Old 12-22-2020, 06:37 AM

11,404 posts, read 4,079,507 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Genz View Post
https://www.cnn.com/2020/12/21/polit...ell/index.html

This is getting really scary. He's apparently only listening to dangerous fringe lunatics now. Trump talking about using the military to throw out the votes and keep himself installed as president.

Then you have blood thirsty war monger Michael Flynn telling Trump to "cross the rubicon" which refers to Julius Cesar becoming a dictator and bringing Imperialism to Rome. Oh and he was talking to foreign spies again!

It seems what they want and what they care about is American blood in the streets.

He's not going to do anything. Trump is all bark, no bite.

With the electoral college ending any chance he had to end democracy in America, more and more republican lawmakers & White House aides are telling Fat Donny to accept reality. He has lost the election.

Refusing to accept reality, Trump has dismissed most of his inner-circle & is now meeting with the few people left in America that still tell him what he wants to hear: "Mr President, you've still got options. You can still win this election. All it takes is a little Martial Law."

The DoJ & military leaders have already said that they will NOT follow any Martial Law orders that Trump tries to give them, for they will be unlawful.

The funniest thing about all of this, is that it doesn't matter if Trump or his supporters ever accept his election loss or not. He will be removed from the White House, by force if necessary, after Joe Biden is sworn in on January 20th. Less than 30 days now.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies