Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-22-2020, 09:46 AM

26,566 posts, read 14,441,941 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camaro5 View Post
Gee, a CNN article that bashed Trump (again) just to scare the bejeezus out of people. None of this is going to happen and you're nuts if you think it is.

pat byrne, former CEO of overstock.com, claims he was at the 4.5hour WH meeting with flynn, powell, trump and other WH officials. byrne claims that it's absolutely false that military involvement was discussed but...... later claims that WH general counsel pat cippollone, who was at the meeting, is responsible for the leak to the NYT.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-22-2020, 09:47 AM

26,211 posts, read 19,518,770 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
Trump's advisors these days are Giuliani, Bannon, Powell, and Flynn.

There is good reason to dread what's ahead.
We only have to wait another 30 days. Let them cross the Rubicon, that's fine, we can arrest the whole bunch. If these lunatics think they have the backing of the military in a coup attempt, they're crazy.

Oh wait, they really are crazy.

Old 12-22-2020, 09:52 AM

9,701 posts, read 5,111,909 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camaro5 View Post
Gee, a CNN article that bashed Trump (again) just to scare the bejeezus out of people. None of this is going to happen and you're nuts if you think it is.

I really wonder how you left wing lunatics think you're going to run a country with all the nonsense you believe.
The fact that you elected a man who is trying to push every action from a how-to manual for dictators should be concerning. Are you that poor a judge of character that when someone shows you their maniacal tendencies, you missed them? Or did you see them and just hope to be on the right side of his purge?

There is ZERO doubt in my mind that if Trump had the option, that he'd gladly make himself into the exact same type of murderous dictator that ends their life as exiled international criminals.

Old 12-22-2020, 09:53 AM

26,211 posts, read 19,518,770 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
LOL, so you believe 100s of 1000s of American citizens out there, (who believe Trump won)...are just going to sit idly by and allow an 'illegitimate' president to take his seat?!!!
Believe what you want, we don't care. You can break the law and you can face the music. Otherwise, let the crying commence.

Old 12-22-2020, 09:59 AM

1,514 posts, read 890,732 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
LOL, so you believe 100s of 1000s of American citizens out there, (who believe Trump won)...are just going to sit idly by and allow an 'illegitimate' president to take his seat?!!!
While fortunately Trump is receiving some push back for his dictatorship goals in the government and military, that will not stop him from continuing to install loyalists in his self made echo chamber / swamp. The desperate, delusional, angry, cornered, power hungry conspiracy theorist is encouraging his 72 million voters to protest our democratic process and the will of the majority of Americans.

Trump:
"Statistically impossible to have lost the 2020 Election. Big protest in D.C. on January 6th. Be there, will be wild!"

Old 12-22-2020, 10:01 AM

19,219 posts, read 17,088,442 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WK91 View Post
Yet another fake story. There will be no problem with the handover.

But hypothetically, I do find it fascinating to think about what would happen if a President had the full backing of his cabinet (Trump does not) , the leadership at the Pentagon (Trump does not) and perhaps either a majority in the Senate or House who all wanted him to stay (Trump doesn’t have this).

Who would force the transfer of power then? Now that would be scary. Biden or Harris would likely have all that in place in 2024. The only thing stopping them from not stepping down would be themselves.
Poor Trump the victim, maybe you should look at why he doesn't have the full backing of his cabinet, and why the Pentagon Leadership won't go along and why not just Congress but the Senate are not rooting for him...

Maybe because all of the above feel a sense of responsibility to America and the American People and they aren't going down the path of illegalities that is leading to his nuclear option.

Hypothetically Speaking....

Old 12-22-2020, 10:16 AM
bu2

24,101 posts, read 14,879,963 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisC View Post
Yeah, we've been hearing this sort of bilge now for four years. Time to give it a rest.

Who are all the imbeciles with TDS going to rant about once Trump is gone? I think we all know the answer to that: they will turn to whomever they can slander, lie about, and belittle. AKA: you, me, and America at large.

By the way, the only people who have "crossed the rubicon" would be the incoming tyrants.
Its a good thread. Its useful for adding to the ignore list.
Anybody who believes this drivel.... You would think after 4 years they would have figured out they look really stupid quoting these anonymous sources from CNN. Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me. Fool me 300 times and I'm a Democrat.

Old 12-22-2020, 10:36 AM

13,511 posts, read 17,034,476 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieB.Good View Post
The fact that you elected a man who is trying to push every action from a how-to manual for dictators should be concerning. Are you that poor a judge of character that when someone shows you their maniacal tendencies, you missed them? Or did you see them and just hope to be on the right side of his purge?

There is ZERO doubt in my mind that if Trump had the option, that he'd gladly make himself into the exact same type of murderous dictator that ends their life as exiled international criminals.
He's a clinical narcissist and a con man. Is he murderous? No. Would he do anything to stay in power short of killing a bunch of people? Yes. He would use every political means necessary to stay in office, ethics morals or democracy be damned, and unfortunately it seems the vast majority of his followers hate the opposite side so much they they are on board with it.

Yes, that is how Hitler came to power. Trump is not Hitler on policy, but his political and media tactics 100% are.

Old 12-22-2020, 10:41 AM

5,573 posts, read 3,347,498 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisC View Post
If you think that's bad, wait until you see what the new administration will be prone to do.
I'll be waiting, longer than 4 years unless the Trump is elected again, for a President to try to rule by fiat.

Old 12-22-2020, 11:17 AM

20,702 posts, read 12,532,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Genz View Post
https://www.cnn.com/2020/12/21/polit...ell/index.html

This is getting really scary. He's apparently only listening to dangerous fringe lunatics now. Trump talking about using the military to throw out the votes and keep himself installed as president.

Then you have blood thirsty war monger Michael Flynn telling Trump to "cross the rubicon" which refers to Julius Cesar becoming a dictator and bringing Imperialism to Rome. Oh and he was talking to foreign spies again!

It seems what they want and what they care about is American blood in the streets.
Trump is a lunatic and I am not surprised at the way he is talking or him listening to the crazies. Less than a month now.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies