Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-29-2020, 09:16 AM

8,104 posts, read 3,944,083 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeexplorer View Post

I am done talking to scum like you.
No, you advocate evil and destruction.
Hitler said he is waiting for you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-29-2020, 09:23 AM

Location: Live:Downtown Phoenix, AZ/Work:Greater Los Angeles, CA
27,606 posts, read 14,512,553 times
Quote:
Everybody should pay the same amount of income, estate, and property taxes.
No, they shouldn't.

The federal budget for this year was $4,790,000,000,000. If you figure there are 350,000,000 people in this country, that would mean each man, woman and child would owe $13,686 in income taxes (plus FICA I assume). The median household (which is two adults and two children) earns $60k per year. But their tax liability just for income tax and FICA would be $54,744. That would leave that couple only $5,256 for the year, and that's not counting any state taxes or property tax which they would also have to pay. This shows why your idea is asinine. Again, at least 50% of households would ultimately owe more in taxes than they earn if we used your idea.

And that's not to mention the boon that it would be to the wealthy, who would see a YUGE tax cut

Old 12-29-2020, 09:34 AM

26,694 posts, read 14,509,364 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FirebirdCamaro1220 View Post
No, they shouldn't.

The federal budget for this year was $4,790,000,000,000. If you figure there are 350,000,000 people in this country, that would mean each man, woman and child would owe $13,686 in income taxes (plus FICA I assume). The median household (which is two adults and two children) earns $60k per year. But their tax liability just for income tax and FICA would be $54,744. That would leave that couple only $5,256 for the year, and that's not counting any state taxes or property tax which they would also have to pay. This shows why your idea is asinine. Again, at least 50% of households would ultimately owe more in taxes than they earn if we used your idea.

And that's not to mention the boon that it would be to the wealthy, who would see a YUGE tax cut
Explain to me why other people must be forced to pay more than the 47% who pays zero dollar.

Old 12-29-2020, 09:35 AM

1,503 posts, read 602,950 times
Quote:
Yes, if it is on your land.

No, if it’s on other people’s land.

Did you come to this would voluntarily? If you don’t talk to the people who bring you into this world, who else should be held accountable for your predicament?
Perfect, finally straight answer.
Let's continue.

So, we have a person that can't "voluntarily" gather or grow food since he doesn't own the land - which is about 99% of people.

Now, to survive, i.e. to at least eat something, he needs to buy the food - are we so far on the same page? Or you would argue with this too?

There are only two ways left for this person - either go to work for somebody, or start your own business.
Do you agree on this? If not, list any other options.

Old 12-29-2020, 10:19 AM

13,242 posts, read 4,895,376 times
Quote:
Where is the “force†part in my statement? The only force being applied is those who don’t pay taxes forcing others to pay for their expenses.
Quote:
You advocate rape and murder!

I am done talking to scum like you.
I think Mr. Deutsch might need to add another type of libertarian to those he already described so eloquently here:

Lefty Cartoons » Blog Archive » The 24 Types of Libertarian

Drama Queen type?

Old 12-29-2020, 10:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kanonka View Post
Perfect, finally straight answer.
Let's continue.

So, we have a person that can't "voluntarily" gather or grow food since he doesn't own the land - which is about 99% of people.

Now, to survive, i.e. to at least eat something, he needs to buy the food - are we so far on the same page? Or you would argue with this too?

There are only two ways left for this person - either go to work for somebody, or start your own business.
Do you agree on this? If not, list any other options.
Third option: talk to the parents.

As I said multiple times, your predicament is not a concern for other people. You should talk to your parents.

Last edited by lifeexplorer; 12-29-2020 at 10:46 AM..

Old 12-29-2020, 11:47 AM

1,503 posts, read 602,950 times
Quote:
Third option: talk to the parents.

As I said multiple times, your predicament is not a concern for other people. You should talk to your parents.
Perfect.
So, we have 3 options for someone - in a perfectly legal age of, say, 18+, who is legally not a dependent - to not die from starvation:

1. Work for someone else.
2. Start his own business.
3. Rely on parents.

Are we in agreement that these are the only options? Before we proceed further, just want a confirmation.

Old 12-29-2020, 12:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kanonka View Post
Perfect.
So, we have 3 options for someone - in a perfectly legal age of, say, 18+, who is legally not a dependent - to not die from starvation:

1. Work for someone else.
2. Start his own business.
3. Rely on parents.

Are we in agreement that these are the only options? Before we proceed further, just want a confirmation.
Sure. Let’s continue. I would think rely on voluntary charity is also an option.

Old 12-29-2020, 12:03 PM

Location: Live:Downtown Phoenix, AZ/Work:Greater Los Angeles, CA
27,606 posts, read 14,512,553 times
Quote:
Explain to me why other people must be forced to pay more than the 47% who pays zero dollar.
If you didn't get the answer from what you just responded to, then you are too far gone to reason with

Old 12-29-2020, 12:08 PM

22,216 posts, read 21,568,094 times
I'm still waiting for a logical argument as to why the system enslaves us.

Nothing yet posted has done that
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies