Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-22-2020, 05:31 PM

8,726 posts, read 7,364,916 times

Advertisements

I am sure there is a way to blame white people for this.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-22-2020, 05:36 PM

889 posts, read 270,699 times
my RN daughter got her REAL shot today.

Old 12-22-2020, 05:57 PM

18,417 posts, read 15,141,193 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnywhereElse View Post

You would think. I have heard nothing but complaints about who is going to be the first to be offered the vaccine, and now, they want to make a big deal of one of the groups maybe not be interested in being among the first or at all.
At the beginning of this thing, there were some black celebrities on TV talking about how there was a rumor in the black community, that black people can't get COVID, so they weren't taking the precautions as seriously as they should. Being that my hospital, in a white neighborhood, was filled with mostly black people on ventilators, I was floored by this.

And now, THIS?

People believe some crazy stuff that is really not in their best interest. It's like the Jehovah's Witness patients I have that sign a paper saying they will not accept blood, even in a life or death situation. It baffles my mind.

In truth, about half of them wait for the family to leave, and then tell me that they are willing to accept the blood if they are going to die without it.

Old 12-22-2020, 05:59 PM

3,576 posts, read 2,171,916 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NSHL10 View Post
Don't want it? Don't take it. But don't ***** about how hard the virus is hitting your community.
Thank you I am tired of people whining, you don’t want don’t get it, but if you die of covid ..remember you had a chance to get the vaccine..blame no one but yourself.

Old 12-22-2020, 06:05 PM

36,972 posts, read 40,978,179 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnywhereElse View Post
Human guinea pigs? You bet! They have put them in a similar category with prisoners. Even with the elderly, I do wonder how many of them will have a bad reaction, of course, it won't be the vaccine that caused it like COVID 19 caused the deaths, they'll say it was something else.
Between the two trials almost 80,000 people have already been guinea pigs. If someone has a "bad reaction" it will be investigated. To date the very few "bad reactions" have been allergic in origin, which can happen with any medication or vaccine, and all of the people who had them have recovered and are fine. You can forget the conspiracy theory. There will be no effort to conceal adverse reactions.

Quote:
You really don't know what Biden and AOC were actually injected with do you? I didn't think so. Yeah, maybe look at the ingredients in the vaccine, not the kind of stuff we carry in our bodies on a daily basis.
https://www.fda.gov/media/144414/download
More conspiracy theory.

There is nothing dangerous in the vaccine, barring severe allergy to one of the ingredients.

Quote:
Oh, there is "testing" going on and will be for several years, while they study the side effects. I am actually a little suspicious of the populations that were more affected, since viruses can be tailored to certain demographics of people.
Vaccines are continuously monitored for adverse effects, if you want to call that "testing".

Please name one virus that "can be tailored to certain demographics of people". Hint: SARS-CoV-2 is not.

Quote:
I would think those that are not of color would be thrilled to know that like so many of you, these people are also smart enough to want to sit back and watch what happens to those that step forward to be injected with a vaccine for "emergency use". More for the human guinea pigs that trust the corrupted FDA and CDC. Live (maybe) and learn!
The problem is that if too many "sit back and watch" the epidemic rumbles on and mitigation continues. Is that what you want?

Quote:
Amen! Many look to the church for guidance, but I know that idea is very offensive. Geesh, with Bill Gates talking eugenics and his involvement with vaccines, it is worth a long look!
I would hope that the churches would base advice to members on science.

Bill Gates has never talked eugenics. He has discussed ways to limit population growth. That is not eugenics. His "involvement with vaccines" consists in spending an enormous amount of money getting vaccines to people who need them. He has spent a lot toward facilitating COVID-19 vaccines and treatment.

Quote:
I don't even see why anyone sees this as an issue. First some of the people are whining that other groups are being prioritized over them, and then a group says "take it, we don't want it" and now they are complaining about that.

You would think. I have heard nothing but complaints about who is going to be the first to be offered the vaccine, and now, they want to make a big deal of one of the groups maybe not be interested in being among the first or at all.
There are those of us who would hate to see people get sick and maybe die because of misinformation and fear about the COVID-19 vaccines.

Quote:
Originally Posted by k350 View Post
I am sure there is a way to blame white people for this.
Hesitancy in the black community to participate in medical research has its roots in inequities in past research, largely conducted by white researchers. It is understandable but regrettable.

About 18% of the Pfizer trial participants were black, about 10% of the Moderna.

Last edited by suzy_q2010; 12-22-2020 at 06:40 PM..

Old 12-22-2020, 06:34 PM

2,949 posts, read 1,342,921 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thinkingoutsidethebox View Post
the push to get blacks vaccinated before other races backfired in this case. stop making everything about race and let people who want to decline the vaccination right now do so and make way for others who want it asap (even if they happen to be white or asian). Eventually, if this vaccine proves super effective, it might be a requirement for certain jobs for to attend certain events. Those who still want to decline can do so. If the vaccine doesn't work on the new strain and any future mutations of covid, we just have to live with the virus and it's risks.
+1

Old 12-22-2020, 06:47 PM

2,448 posts, read 883,767 times
Don't hold your breath on liberals labeling these black pastors as "ignorant, uneducated, anti-science troglodytes."

Old 12-23-2020, 09:43 AM

19,573 posts, read 8,458,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThinkingOutsideTheBox View Post
The push to get Blacks vaccinated before other races backfired in this case. Stop making everything about race and let people who want to decline the vaccination right now do so and make way for others who want it ASAP (even if they happen to be White or Asian). Eventually, if this vaccine proves super effective, it might be a requirement for certain jobs for to attend certain events. Those who still want to decline can do so. If the vaccine doesn't work on the new strain and any future mutations of Covid, we just have to live with the virus and it's risks.
Right on.

Old 01-22-2021, 02:36 PM

26,646 posts, read 13,616,801 times
Hank Aaron stepped up and got the vaccine two weeks ago to help the black community to not be afraid of the vaccine.

He passed away today. RIP.

Last edited by MissTerri; 01-22-2021 at 03:01 PM..

Old 01-22-2021, 02:37 PM

20,957 posts, read 5,514,834 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartacus713 View Post
The "experts" have apparently prioritized getting the 'vaccine' out to 'people of color' early and quickly. Pastors in the black community are concerned and are not willing to encourage their people to become guinea pigs for the testing of this rushed, modern day 'snake oil'.

Good to see these pastors being smart and watching out for their flocks. These so-called "experts" and the government certainly is not going to.

Tuskeegee is a hard thing to forget.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies