Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-23-2020, 04:34 PM

37,961 posts, read 22,143,591 times

Advertisements

This is the left's fault, their new 2020 version of Modern Democratic Party Utopia, from the BLM supporting Biden types.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WijoL3Hy_Bw&t=2241s
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-23-2020, 04:59 PM

37,961 posts, read 22,143,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by James Bond 007 View Post
This has got to be the 4th or 5th time somebody's started a thread with that video this year.

This is what Seattle really looks like. A high tech, modern, wealthy city, overall. That's currently booming, I might add.
I never saw the video, so cry me a river. Go live there if it's so great. Go live in Oakland, CA, or the pig sty called San Francisco for that matter, other great and glorious leftist Mecca.

Old 12-23-2020, 05:02 PM

20,863 posts, read 9,529,660 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
I never saw the video, so cry me a river. Go live there if it's so great. Go live in Oakland, CA, or the pig sty called San Francisco for that matter, other great and glorious leftist Mecca.
I did live in Seattle for 25 years, until 5 years ago. So I know perfectly well what I'm talking about.

Old 12-23-2020, 05:02 PM

24,202 posts, read 19,202,259 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
stop spreading lies and people will be able to stop having to debunk them

Post lies, you get called out

It's very simple

Old 12-23-2020, 05:12 PM

828 posts, read 415,800 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by James Bond 007 View Post
I did live in Seattle for 25 years, until 5 years ago. So I know perfectly well what I'm talking about.
So have you compared the crime rate this year. To what it was 5 years ago?

And with Seattle having a large homeless problem. And designated sanctuary city.

And Biden sending millions more illegals.

You expect it to get better?

Old 12-23-2020, 05:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve19605 View Post
So have you compared the crime rate this year. To what it was 5 years ago?

And with Seattle having a large homeless problem. And designated sanctuary city.

And Biden sending millions more illegals.

You expect it to get better?
I neither expect it to get better, nor worse.

I first moved there in 1988. Even back then there was a large homeless population.

Seattle's crime rate peaked in the early 90's, along with most of the rest of the US. So I was there when crime rates were at their worst.

Old 12-23-2020, 05:34 PM

158 posts, read 72,560 times
When are you guys going to stop merging urban living lifestyles with red/blue. Regardless of whether seattle is red or blue anytime there lots of people in a small urban area (specifically the US) there are going to be some issues that usually trickle down from a higher cost of living /job market (homelessness/crime/drug usage). Also Seattle isn’t a bad city at all.

Old 12-23-2020, 05:40 PM

Seattle construction still booming and won’t end anytime soon
Quote:
Even several years into Seattle’s record development boom, the building just won’t stop. And there’s no clear sign that it will slow down anytime soon.

There are 66 major projects underway now in the central part of the city, from South Lake Union to Sodo, up from 65 six months prior, according to a twice-yearly report released Tuesday by the Downtown Seattle Association.

Construction peaked at 74 projects a year and a half ago, and has had some ebbs and flows over the years, but the general trend throughout the decade has been more and more and more building. For context, Amazon’s entire campus in Seattle has about 44 buildings.

What’s more, using permit plans, the group counted 32 new projects ready to get started soon, and another 129 in the pipeline for future years, figures that haven’t changed much.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies