Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-31-2020, 07:23 PM

37,242 posts, read 41,470,606 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by justyouraveragetenant View Post
It's only if the person knows they are sick do they have to quarantine. I also heard that the spread of asymptomatic people was overblown. Dr fauci himself said " never in the history of viruses have asymptomatic people been the driver of a pandemic."

you can not assume everyone is sick. if you do not know you spread a disease you are not liable. it's only if you know you are sick.
You cannot assume someone with no symptoms is not infected. Everyone who develops symptoms was contagious before his symptoms started.

People who are infected are isolated. People they may have infected but who have no symptoms are quarantined until they are determined to be infected or not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissTerri View Post
Well, I’m going out as much as possible, which is not a lot since so many places are closed. I don’t think it’s healthy to avoid people so much and avoid actually trying to enjoy life.
Those who are getting sick because people are "going out as much as possible" and "actually trying to enjoy life" would like to be able to enjoy life, too.

Quote:
People get very upset when you even talk about ivermectin, even sharing scientific studies can make people upset. People who claim to follow the science and claim to want to help people. It does make you wonder why there is so much pushback on something that has shown so much promise.
There are those of us who want more data on ivermectin. It does not mean we are "upset".

It's ironic that the attitude toward the vaccine is that it was not tested enough but the attitude toward ivermectin is that it should be prescribed without adequate testing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-31-2020, 07:29 PM

26,661 posts, read 13,817,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by suzy_q2010 View Post
You cannot assume someone with no symptoms is not infected. Everyone who develops symptoms was contagious before his symptoms started.

People who are infected are isolated. People they may have infected but who have no symptoms are quarantined until they are determined to be infected or not.

Those who are getting sick because people are "going out as much as possible" and "actually trying to enjoy life" would like to be able to enjoy life, too.

There are those of us who want more data on ivermectin. It does not mean we are "upset".

It's ironic that the attitude toward the vaccine is that it was not tested enough but the attitude toward ivermectin is that it should be prescribed without adequate testing.

Enjoy your life.

There’s way more data on the safety of ivermectin then the vaccine. Way more.

Old 12-31-2020, 07:34 PM

Quote:
Enjoy your life.

There’s way more data on the safety of ivermectin then the vaccine. Way more.
Enjoy yours, too.

All of the ivermectin data combined does not include studies of tens of thousands of participants.

Old 12-31-2020, 07:35 PM

8,350 posts, read 3,559,092 times
Quote:
you would have to take safety into account too. there will be people hurt by these vaccines and get bad reactions and some might die. i heard doctors say there is no proof that the moderna prevents infection so that means it only lessons symptoms.

i have heard this from multiple sources that moderna and pfizer has not been proven to prevent infection only prevent people from getting bad symptoms which will keep them out of the hospital.
Most people already have no or mild symptoms sans vaccine. There is no way to prove that a vaccine prevented a particular person from having a severe case.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruzincat View Post
I have noticed since the Covid pandemic began, I haven't had any significant colds or other upper respiratory infections. It wouldn't bother me to keep wearing masks, washing hands regularly, etc.
I have had all usual symptoms I always have.

Since previous studies on mask effectiveness didn't show that they helped with spread, I doubt respiratory illnesses have gone away suddenly just because people are being forced to wear masks.

Old 12-31-2020, 07:37 PM

26,661 posts, read 13,817,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by suzy_q2010 View Post
Enjoy yours, too.

All of the ivermectin data combined does not include studies of tens of thousands of participants.
The safety record is very long and strong.

Old 12-31-2020, 07:46 PM

3,500 posts, read 1,603,139 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yspobo View Post
Most people already have no or mild symptoms sans vaccine. There is no way to prove that a vaccine prevented a particular person from having a severe case.

s.
that is true there is no way to prove a vaccine prevented someone from a severe case.

Old 12-31-2020, 08:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyler10 View Post
And I will not feel bad if the people who refuse to get the vaccine and refuse to wear a mask gets really sick, or even die. They deserve what they get, right? I just can't wait for the day I can get the vaccine so the people who refuse to wear a mask no longer have the ability to possibly infect me.
They are saying the vaccine won't keep you from becoming infected, and the masks are not supposed to protect the wearer. People wearing masks can infect you as well.

Old 12-31-2020, 08:48 PM

Quote:
It could go as far as you cant go to the grocery store if you don't prove you are vaccinated. it's a slippery slope that most do not see.
And Bill Gates talked about having people who were vaccinated have a tattoo to show they were vaccinated. It was in a video posted on a thread here months ago.

Old 12-31-2020, 08:50 PM

Quote:

I have had all usual symptoms I always have.

Since previous studies on mask effectiveness didn't show that they helped with spread, I doubt respiratory illnesses have gone away suddenly just because people are being forced to wear masks.
There is evidence that the vaccines prevent severe disease.

There were no severe COVID-19 cases in the vaccine group in the Moderna trial.

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/moder...142200437.html

"A secondary endpoint analyzed severe cases of COVID-19 and included 30 severe cases (as defined in the study protocol) in this analysis. All 30 cases occurred in the placebo group and none in the mRNA-1273 vaccinated group. There was one COVID-19-related death in the study to date, which occurred in the placebo group."

Pfizer had one case of severe COVID-19 after the first dose of the vaccine.

https://www.nejm.org/doi/full/10.1056/NEJMoa2034577

"Among 10 cases of severe Covid-19 with onset after the first dose, 9 occurred in placebo recipients and 1 in a BNT162b2 recipient."

Quote:
The safety record is very long and strong.
Safety without efficacy does not mean much.

Quote:
They are saying the vaccine won't keep you from becoming infected, and the masks are not supposed to protect the wearer. People wearing masks can infect you as well.
Masks do protect the wearer.

People wearing masks are less likely to spread the virus.

Masks differ in their effectiveness. They must fit, be worn properly, and be discarded or laundered properly.

Masks must be used in conjunction with social distancing and hand hygiene.

Quote:
And Bill Gates talked about having people who were vaccinated have a tattoo to show they were vaccinated. It was in a video posted on a thread here months ago.
Yes, an invisible tattoo has been developed by MIT to identify a person who has had a vaccine. It is intended for use in developing countries where vaccine record keeping is poor. It is not a part of any of the new coronavirus vaccines.

Old 12-31-2020, 09:16 PM

3,500 posts, read 1,603,139 times
Quote:
fast forward to minute 1:04. they took homeless people and told them they could have a place to stay if they would get a microchip in their body.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mnh5OGwcWB0

if people don't think that's f'ed up I don't know what to say.

the video is not political it's about beards and haircuts and this homeless guy getting a haircut admitted they were going to put chips in his body.

they are testing the technology on homeless people.

https://www.biometricupdate.com/2019...-with-vaccines

Last edited by justyouraveragetenant; 12-31-2020 at 09:35 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies