Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-02-2021, 05:40 AM

14,834 posts, read 12,116,998 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by justyouraveragetenant View Post
the flu kills a lot of people every year but there are other diseases and car accidents that kill more. the numbers for covid are inflated. they are labeling anyone that tests positive of covid as a covid death if they died. I am looking at the numbers people die every day there is not much we can do about it. we can wash our hands and take vitamins. there has never been a disease like that this being so propagandized.

there was a bad hong flu in the 60's.
People do die in car accidents but do we not do everything we possibly can to reduce the risks? ie seatbelts, airbags, speed limits, grip tyres etc etc. This vaccine won't stop everybody from dying of Covid but it will certainly reduce the risk! Think of the lockdown as the virus 'seatbelt' and the vaccine as the virus' 'airbag', do you 'get it' now?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-02-2021, 05:45 AM

14,834 posts, read 12,116,998 times
Quote:
yes your talking about a very traditional form of slavery. i don't want the government telling me when I can go out to eat when a restaurant can close. its unconstitutional for the state to shut down bars and restaurants. there plan is working using a virus to take away our freedoms. some see it you would be supprised how many agree with me.

it might be unconstitutional to have a airplane refuse a customer if they are not vaccinated because people have a right to travel. it will only hurt the airlines.

55 percent of new york firefighters dont want to take the vaccine.

https://newyork.cbslocal.com/2020/12...s-association/
So it's not what you call 'traditional slavery' or in other words 'its NOT slavery'! In fact it's absolutely NOTHING to do with slavery, you will have to find another (perhaps more accurate) word to describe why you are so disgusted.

Old 01-02-2021, 07:35 AM

3,543 posts, read 1,626,050 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by suzy_q2010 View Post
You have been repeatedly told that the COVID-19 deaths are not being inflated. If anything, they are under reported, especially early in the epidemic when testing was not available.

Other diseases and accidents are not killing more than COVID-19, which is the number one killer of all conditions right now, killing more than the total of heart disease and all cancers.

Mask, distance, and wash your hands. Take the vaccine when it is available to you. Take your vitamins if you may be deficient in anything. Forget the politicians.
https://www.realclearpolitics.com/ar...inflated.html#!

this is from that article

The case definition is very simplistic,” Dr. Ngozi Ezike, director of Illinois Department of Public Health, explains. “It means, at the time of death, it was a COVID positive diagnosis. That means, that if you were in hospice and had already been given a few weeks to live, and then you also were found to have COVID, that would be counted as a COVID death. It means, technically even if you died of [a] clear alternative cause, but you had COVID at the same time, it’s still listed as a COVID death.”

https://www.cnsnews.com/article/wash...ed-covid-death

Old 01-02-2021, 07:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by easthome View Post
People do die in car accidents but do we not do everything we possibly can to reduce the risks? ie seatbelts, airbags, speed limits, grip tyres etc etc. This vaccine won't stop everybody from dying of Covid but it will certainly reduce the risk! Think of the lockdown as the virus 'seatbelt' and the vaccine as the virus' 'airbag', do you 'get it' now?
https://www.naturalblaze.com/2020/09...dont-work.html

you could say these vaccines violate the Nuremberg code. these vaccines were rushed and not all the tests were done to ensure they are safe.

your authoritarian where I am more libertarian. in the video I posted with judge Napolitano he explains what the government is doing with lockdowns is unconstitutional.

Last edited by justyouraveragetenant; 01-02-2021 at 08:05 AM..

Old 01-02-2021, 08:15 AM

This was 10 years ago in the lovely state of Massachusetts. 10 years ago!!

in some ways we are worse than California. now in Massachusetts children can not attend school if they do not get the flu shot.

that is nazi I am sorry.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vk7loikFR9Q

Old 01-02-2021, 08:17 AM

26,661 posts, read 13,836,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kobber View Post
Ivermectin has shown promise in terms of defeating the virus in-vitro. Not in-vivo. Where is your "ample evidence that it works" in humans?

The possibilities of Ivermectin were discovered by an Australian scientist so I would love nothing better than to have one of my countrywomen and her work colleagues lead the way. However, most scientists believe much more research is required. Here's an article:

https://www1.racgp.org.au/newsgp/cli...upport-ivermec

But for those who don't want to read it (it's pretty short), here are some snips:

"Questions were also raised regarding the relevance of in-vitro results in a clinical context.

In vitro promise leads to clinical failure in the vast majority of cases, and in the volatile environment of the current pandemic, it is critical that we are sensitive to the implications of our communication and apply our resources to compounds most likely to succeed,’ the authors of one of the letters wrote."

and

"‘The initial studies seem to suggest you need a very high level of ivermectin to be able to reduce replication of the virus, and those levels in those initial studies are very difficult or impossible to achieve in a person,’ he said.

He is also concerned that these laboratory findings were not performed on human cells.

‘They were done initially with monkey cells, so we await work with human cell lines to confirm the effect and confirm whether the dose is achievable,’ he said."
Your article is from August. Much as been learned since then.

Evidence. https://ivmmeta.com/
https://osf.io/wx3zn/

Old 01-02-2021, 08:18 AM
JL

8,521 posts, read 14,594,859 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoonose View Post
When you have to have a successful moon shot to save the world, you throw all you have at it, and fund and work multiple possible solutions. We couldn't know 1 year ago if this could really happen in just one year.
Fair point. I think it's time though for the govt. to give the vaccines to other companies to reproduce more. I believe Moderna and Pfizer have their own companies to reproduce and distribute, but i'd like the govt. to have more companies involved now, so it will really get rolling. Whatever cocktail that Moderna and Pfizer created to make the vaccine should be provided to the govt., so they can give it to other companies to reproduce.

I think that is what Biden meant when he would invoke the defense act after Jan. 21st? Or does that mean something else?

Old 01-02-2021, 08:23 AM

18,943 posts, read 8,572,972 times
Quote:

The case definition is very simplistic,” Dr. Ngozi Ezike, director of Illinois Department of Public Health, explains. “It means, at the time of death, it was a COVID positive diagnosis. That means, that if you were in hospice and had already been given a few weeks to live, and then you also were found to have COVID, that would be counted as a COVID death. It means, technically even if you died of [a] clear alternative cause, but you had COVID at the same time, it’s still listed as a COVID death.”

https://www.cnsnews.com/article/wash...ed-covid-death
In most cases anywhere in the world, if one dies soon after a positive Covid 19 test, more than likely they died because of Covid 19.

But not all cases. And it will take some time to more accurately ferret this data all out.

Of course one can die WITH Covid 19 or die FROM Covid 19. And a properly filled out death certificate will separate these two out. Assuming the attending doc or ME filling out the death certificate has the necessary patient history.

The death certificate lists the immediate cause on line 1. Antecedent cause(s) on line 2. Then other medical conditions at the time of death. And line 3 is where the WITH diagnosis belongs.

Old 01-02-2021, 08:24 AM

18,943 posts, read 8,572,972 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JL View Post
Fair point. I think it's time though for the govt. to give the vaccines to other companies to reproduce more. I believe Moderna and Pfizer have their own companies to reproduce and distribute, but i'd like the govt. to have more companies involved now, so it will really get rolling.

I think that is what Biden meant when he would invoke the defense act after Jan. 21st? Or does that mean something else?
Time is now even more of an essence due to the new, more transmissible virus strain!

Old 01-02-2021, 05:10 PM

37,293 posts, read 41,544,323 times
Quote:

That is a poor explanation. The easiest way to look at is to ask, "If this person had not been infected with this virus, would he still be alive today?" If the answer is yes, the virus caused the death.

Quote:
you could say these vaccines violate the Nuremberg code. these vaccines were rushed and not all the tests were done to ensure they are safe.
No, the essence of the Nuremberg Code is informed consent. All of the trial participants were volunteers and they were counselled concerning the risks.

Yes, the tests were done. What do you think should have been done that was not?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JL View Post
Fair point. I think it's time though for the govt. to give the vaccines to other companies to reproduce more. I believe Moderna and Pfizer have their own companies to reproduce and distribute, but i'd like the govt. to have more companies involved now, so it will really get rolling. Whatever cocktail that Moderna and Pfizer created to make the vaccine should be provided to the govt., so they can give it to other companies to reproduce.

Moderna has said it will share its technology without expectation of royalties for the duration of the pandemic.

https://investors.modernatx.com/news...uring-covid-19

"Beyond Moderna’s vaccine, there are other COVID-19 vaccines in development that may use Moderna-patented technologies. We feel a special obligation under the current circumstances to use our resources to bring this pandemic to an end as quickly as possible. Accordingly, while the pandemic continues, Moderna will not enforce our COVID-19 related patents against those making vaccines intended to combat the pandemic. Further, to eliminate any perceived IP barriers to vaccine development during the pandemic period, upon request we are also willing to license our intellectual property for COVID-19 vaccines to others for the post pandemic period."

Right now, anyone can make the Moderna vaccine.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies