Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-23-2020, 05:03 PM

3,433 posts, read 1,567,546 times

Advertisements

This one doctor believes this will be the main vaccine that wipes out coronavirus. The AstraZeneca aka oxford vaccine seems far superior. it does not need to be chilled like pfizer or moderna. it's far cheaper at 3 or 4 dollars a dose.

This vaccine uses the old technology for vaccines and not MRNA mutant technology that is brand new and might not be safe.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j5tlu_-BJ9I&t=978s

in that video the doctor explains why its more practical. I Am not a big fan of vaccines but if given a choice I would take the astrazeneca one over the mutant Mrna vaccines where long-term studies have not been done.

I heard some in the fda was reluctant to approve the Pfizer vaccine. also as we know some people have bad reactions to that vaccine that have allergic reactions.

IF vaccination is forced or they use coercion like you can not have a job will we be able to choose the vaccine we want? or will they push the MRna vaccines that could be harmful.

if you are for mandatory vaccines would you give people a choice on which one to get or would you force them to get the most dangerous one?

should people have a choice on which one they get ? not having to chill the vaccine like the other two is a huge practical benefit.

if given a choice do you want the new MRNA Vaccines or do you want the astrazeneca one that does not use the new technology?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-23-2020, 05:05 PM

648 posts, read 432,783 times
Most people will be getting the AZ vaccine, eventually.

Old 12-23-2020, 05:12 PM

38,014 posts, read 22,193,086 times
Apparently the UK will approve of this vaccine. By the time I get it, there should be enough doses to say how well it works.

UK may approve AstraZeneca vaccine shortly after Christmas

Old 12-23-2020, 05:32 PM

18,848 posts, read 8,496,907 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justyouraveragetenant View Post
This one doctor believes this will be the main vaccine that wipes out coronavirus. The AstraZeneca aka oxford vaccine seems far superior. it does not need to be chilled like pfizer or moderna. it's far cheaper at 3 or 4 dollars a dose.

This vaccine uses the old technology for vaccines and not MRNA mutant technology that is brand new and might not be safe.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j5tlu_-BJ9I&t=978s

in that video the doctor explains why its more practical. I Am not a big fan of vaccines but if given a choice I would take the astrazeneca one over the mutant Mrna vaccines where long-term studies have not been done.

I heard some in the fda was reluctant to approve the Pfizer vaccine. also as we know some people have bad reactions to that vaccine that have allergic reactions.

IF vaccination is forced or they use coercion like you can not have a job will we be able to choose the vaccine we want? or will they push the MRna vaccines that could be harmful.

if you are for mandatory vaccines would you give people a choice on which one to get or would you force them to get the most dangerous one?

should people have a choice on which one they get ? not having to chill the vaccine like the other two is a huge practical benefit.

if given a choice do you want the new MRNA Vaccines or do you want the astrazeneca one that does not use the new technology?
Chilling the Moderna is not a problem with refrigerators in every medical office. Chilling the Pfizer is a problem where major deep freeze is not nearly so common. But far from an insurmountable problem.

Old 12-23-2020, 05:41 PM

39,093 posts, read 51,295,696 times
I'll take the mRNA because, for now at least, the AZ vaccine has been only 60% effective in trials. Unless that changes, FDA will never approve it for use in the US. Note that the gov ordered another 100 million Pfizers. Clearly rich countries like the US will gravitate to that.

Most people world wide and possibly many in the US will be getting the J&J one dose vaccine if it proves out in testing. We should know in a couple weeks.

Old 12-23-2020, 05:45 PM

10,990 posts, read 20,585,648 times
I am well over 75 yoa. I want the most effective vaccine.

I think Pfizer will find a way to produce their vaccine so that it can use normal refrigeration. It is in their financial interest to do that. I wonder if they will need to re-run safety and efficacy studies.

Old 12-23-2020, 05:54 PM

18,848 posts, read 8,496,907 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nell Plotts View Post
I am well over 75 yoa. I want the most effective vaccine.

I think Pfizer will find a way to produce their vaccine so that it can use normal refrigeration. It is in their financial interest to do that. I wonder if they will need to re-run safety and efficacy studies.
The Pfizer is good for 5 days in an ordinary refrigerator.

In general the high risk people should want the most effective vaccine, and low risk people the vaccine with the least side effects.

Old 12-23-2020, 06:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoonose View Post
The Pfizer is good for 5 days in an ordinary refrigerator.

In general the high risk people should want the most effective vaccine, and low risk people the vaccine with the least side effects.
The mRNA vax's have unheard of efficacy. The Russians claim their Sputnik V is equally effective but without much evidence of that. That is a close analog of the A-Z vaccine and A-Z and the Russians are now comparing notes, so that could be a positive.

My daughter and her co-workers got the Pfizer in the last week and none of them had more than a sore arm and a slight headache. A couple of them had covid previously but apparently that did not make any difference in the reactions.

Old 12-23-2020, 06:07 PM

14,834 posts, read 7,426,754 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
I'll take the mRNA because, for now at least, the AZ vaccine has been only 60% effective in trials. Unless that changes, FDA will never approve it for use in the US.
Source?

FDA's previous guidance was that vaccine candidates only needed to be greater than 50% effective.

Old 12-23-2020, 06:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by atltechdude View Post
Source?

FDA's previous guidance was that vaccine candidates only needed to be greater than 50% effective.
Conjecture. What rich country is going to accept that except UK because of national pride? It may turn out that A-Z is much better because it is quite similar to the Sputnik V which Russia claims is 95% effective. Right now its a "poor man's" vaccine.

Look at it this way. If you were approving birth control pills, would you OK one that is 60% effective when a 95% effective one is available? Which would you take?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies