Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-01-2021, 08:18 AM

9,742 posts, read 4,514,658 times

Advertisements

Ask Trump the RINO
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-01-2021, 08:23 AM

26,074 posts, read 22,273,567 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AfriqueNY View Post
It is a STIMULUS package. The point is for people to take the money and spend it. If my wife and I have 1200 each to spend we can. Now get a new floor installed or remodel a bathroom . That money now pays a contractor and his workers and the material supplyer. Now image millions of people middle class and poor doing that. It could be spent on fast food, take out, steaks, wine, car parts whatever. I could buy some diamonds for the wife. Whatever. Either way I'm providing somebody with a paycheck by spending money.

It's NOT for me to survive. It's for the ECONOMY to survive so that we all survive. If the economy collapses the only jobs available will be Gubmint jobs.
Quote:
Btw. paying off debt does NOT stimulate the economy. Consumer spending does.
AfriqueNY gets it!

Old 01-01-2021, 08:31 AM

12,063 posts, read 10,324,575 times
Because it would take too long to figure out who that would include

Probably weeks.

Old 01-01-2021, 09:13 AM

8,351 posts, read 3,559,092 times
Considering how the cost of a lot of essentials have gone up, I would say that most working people were affected as well. They just weren't affected as much as those who lost their income.

Old 01-01-2021, 12:18 PM

8,518 posts, read 3,776,467 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnywhereElse View Post
AfriqueNY gets it!
Thanks....... I think the 2000 bucks would have been a GREAT way to kick off 2021. That's alot of money being spent. It's also the perfect down payment on an economy car.

Old 01-01-2021, 12:24 PM

6,625 posts, read 5,033,621 times
I had my pay cut 20% at the beginning of the pandemic, pretty sure its back to 10% now, everyone making under x already has it at 100%, I honestly have saved money even with the paycut, not driving, less expenses. The check we got from the CARES act we just gave it right back the IRS (not donating it, we just pay an insane amount of taxes a year), if we get the 2k i will just make a dent on my 2019 tax bill.

Old 01-01-2021, 12:38 PM

10,010 posts, read 4,747,054 times
I know of people whose unemployment benefits expired almost a year prior to the viris in 2019. Then the Cares Act allowed them to re-open an old exhausted claim that had zero to do with the virus yet people actually affected by the virus are not getting enough. To top it the pos moochers they are complained it wasn't enough to live ie their unemployment and weekly bonus.

Get help to people who actually really need it. And incentive business to give extra to those working extra putting themselves at greater risk like health care and retail employees.

Old 01-01-2021, 04:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DUNNDFRNT View Post
I had my pay cut 20% at the beginning of the pandemic, pretty sure its back to 10% now, everyone making under x already has it at 100%, I honestly have saved money even with the paycut, not driving, less expenses. The check we got from the CARES act we just gave it right back the IRS (not donating it, we just pay an insane amount of taxes a year), if we get the 2k i will just make a dent on my 2019 tax bill.
Im in NY..... My taxes are insane. BUT... I will do my civic duty and go buy stuff. New speakers for the project car tomorrow!!!! Maybe the wife will let me take her chump check as well.

Old 01-01-2021, 04:44 PM

15,754 posts, read 7,628,773 times
Quote:
Im in NY..... My taxes are insane. BUT... I will do my civic duty and go buy stuff. New speakers for the project car tomorrow!!!! Maybe the wife will let me take her chump check as well.
Mean while --- I buy food; pay my bills so that I will have lights and heat; cut a check to the Landlord, so as I do not wind up on the streets.

Any left over will still be there for the next famine and just in case they want it back.

Old 01-01-2021, 04:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellis Bell View Post
Mean while --- I buy food; pay my bills so that I will have lights and heat; cut a check to the Landlord, so as I do not wind up on the streets.

Any left over will still be there for the next famine and just in case they want it back.
Do you mean that you have to rely on the stim check? If that's the case I'm sorry to hear that. I know that millions of Americans are suffering due to no fault of their own.

If Americans do NOT spend money on consumer goods the economy will crash into a depression. That's the backbone of our economy. Consumerism. Without it capitalism shows it's ugly side.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies