Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-24-2020, 09:19 AM

26,661 posts, read 13,817,107 times

Advertisements

California is only second to TN is teams of daily new cases per 100K people. TN has been mostly open while CA has been mostly closed.

CA implemented travel restrictions, closed all dining, indoor and outdoor almost three weeks ago and has strict mask polices and yet their cases continue to rise. People continue to believe these restrictions work in spite of the evidence that they don’t.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-24-2020, 09:40 AM

17,389 posts, read 11,377,141 times
Why is anyone shocked? Californians are going about their business as normal except for eating and drinking in bars and restaurants. The freeways are packed with people going to work and other places, spending weekends in Vegas and partying like there is no virus. Stores, malls, big box stores are packed filled with people. Everywhere you go in SoCal parking lots are almost full to capacity on weekends.
Contrary to what the news tells you, there is no lockdown. Everyone is doing pretty much what they want to except going to sit down restaurants.

Old 12-24-2020, 09:48 AM

26,661 posts, read 13,817,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marino760 View Post
Why is anyone shocked? Californians are going about their business as normal except for eating and drinking in bars and restaurants. The freeways are packed with people going to work and other places, spending weekends in Vegas and partying like there is no virus. Stores, malls, big box stores are packed filled with people. Everywhere you go in SoCal parking lots are almost full to capacity on weekends.
Contrary to what the news tells you, there is no lockdown. Everyone is doing pretty much what they want to except going to sit down restaurants.

They really should allow the restaurants and bars to open if it doesn’t make a difference either way. No use punishing them.

Old 12-24-2020, 10:15 AM

14,488 posts, read 6,125,942 times
Quote:
But I was told only Trump supporting rednecks who don’t believe in science are not following the orders?

Old 12-24-2020, 10:21 AM

4,526 posts, read 1,882,413 times
Quote:
The bar/restaurant down the street from my house here in Orange County is open, business as usual, the staff wears masks but not customers.

They put black shades over the windows so you can’t see inside lol

Old 12-24-2020, 10:34 AM

5,746 posts, read 2,795,060 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kristinas_Cap View Post
LA is surging because the underclass doesn't follow rules and is still hooking up, partying, dancing and slutting it up. That's what happens in SoCal.
OMG, that's frigging hilarious. Have you watched 'Footloose' too many times?
I would refer to the Christmas Carol 'protest' thread. Aslo, since over half of infections occur in family pods, it's impossible to stop those. Plus, if you were to survey Californians on this board, or in real life, they would report low compliance of lockdowns to you. I know where I live most bars and restaurants are open because the cops have said they won't enforce anything.

Old 12-24-2020, 10:53 AM

4,664 posts, read 4,569,742 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kristinas_Cap View Post
LA is surging because the underclass doesn't follow rules and is still hooking up, partying, dancing and slutting it up. That's what happens in SoCal.
Many affluent areas aren't complying either. In our affluent LA beach city, the city council has been trying to defy the restaurant outdoor dining ban by turning the outdoor decks into public "parklets" so that visitors can get their takeout and eat it in front of the restaurants.

https://www.foxla.com/news/la-county...ing-workaround

In our neighborhood forums, there's a lot of tension between the conservative neighbors who say that the pandemic is overblown and don't want to comply with public health guidelines, and the more liberal neighbors who say that we need to follow those guidelines while cases and hospitalizations rise.

Last edited by Mr. Zero; 12-24-2020 at 11:06 AM..

Old 12-24-2020, 11:11 AM

26,074 posts, read 22,273,567 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mirage98de View Post
The bar/restaurant down the street from my house here in Orange County is open, business as usual, the staff wears masks but not customers.

They put black shades over the windows so you can’t see inside lol
Peggy Hall, "The Healthy American" on youtube has a lot of advice for people that are trying to maintain their rights and freedoms in CA. I may have seen that restaurant in one of her videos, as I am on the mailing list.

I thought the reasons for the "surges" had to do with bringing in federal funds. Testing isn't accurate, and the labs use overly sensitive testing to bring the states the results they desire, at least in KS. Also, it appears that COVID 19 is eating the flu virus alive with such low numbers of cases of flu. The Public Health Officer said that the CARES ACT provided $50,000 per hospitalized patient that tested positive for COVID 19, and Medicare pays a 20% premium. Those without health insurance are being covered by the federal government if they have tested positive for COVID 19. I wonder could all of those heart and other issues with these patients really be caused by COVID 19, or is that a way to get funding. Oh, I can't imagine anyone would lie!

So, who is out of work in CA if they are only harassing the bars and restaurants? I do wonder, as here in small town Kansas, that is who they are still targeting. Maybe first they put them out of business with plans to move to another venue. The government will step in as the owner of all the businesses once they are bankrupt in the name of saving the country and.............

Old 12-24-2020, 11:15 AM

17,273 posts, read 9,599,978 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnywhereElse View Post
Peggy Hall, "The Healthy American" on youtube has a lot of advice for people that are trying to maintain their rights and freedoms in CA. I may have seen that restaurant in one of her videos, as I am on the mailing list.

I thought the reasons for the "surges" had to do with bringing in federal funds. Testing isn't accurate, and the labs use overly sensitive testing to bring the states the results they desire, at least in KS. Also, it appears that COVID 19 is eating the flu virus alive with such low numbers of cases of flu. The Public Health Officer said that the CARES ACT provided $50,000 per hospitalized patient that tested positive for COVID 19, and Medicare pays a 20% premium. Those without health insurance are being covered by the federal government if they have tested positive for COVID 19. I wonder could all of those heart and other issues with these patients really be caused by COVID 19, or is that a way to get funding. Oh, I can't imagine anyone would lie!

So, who is out of work in CA if they are only harassing the bars and restaurants? I do wonder, as here in small town Kansas, that is who they are still targeting. Maybe first they put them out of business with plans to move to another venue. The government will step in as the owner of all the businesses once they are bankrupt in the name of saving the country and.............
Uhh, ever hear of the music industry? No shows happening. No concerts. No festivals. Ever hear of the arts? No museums open. No ballet. No symphony. The list goes on & on. Not just restaurants & bars. And whoever mentioned people not wearing masks at restaurants, you don’t need to when eating or drinking obviously, except arriving or leaving or going to the restroom.

Old 12-24-2020, 12:51 PM

38,936 posts, read 23,992,576 times
Arizona is setting a surge despite only city and county wide mask orders... Just saying
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies