Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-24-2020, 07:59 AM

5,968 posts, read 2,912,527 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefragile View Post
Do you have specific examples with details of this left bias?
Say your joking..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-24-2020, 08:02 AM

17,273 posts, read 9,600,948 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ben young View Post
Say your joking..
How about providing specific examples

Old 12-24-2020, 08:02 AM

26,651 posts, read 15,204,919 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
I used to listen to NPR all day long at work and I grew tired of them celebrating everything Obama and when they weren't doing that they were bringing us the riveting stories of gay men growing up in the Middle East and the struggles they face.

I stopped listening on the weekdays but still enjoyed the weekend shows with Prairie Home Companion being at the top but when Trump came along even the entertaining/comedy shows like "wait wait don't tell me" turned into one long anti Trump negative propaganda segment. I still haven't given up entirely on it but there is no doubting that they are heavily biased towards the Left so you are right in asking "why does NPR get tax payer money" ?

If NPR is eligible for taxpayer money then Rush Limbaugh should also be. They are both biased.

NPR and their top song choice, I don't really care.

I was listening to NPR once and they had a segment on how Muslim Iran is tolerant and that you can be gay or other minority groups in Iran as long as you aren't openly gay or Jewish and how wonderful it is. Pure propaganda. Iran literally kills people for being gay by giving them the death penalty.

Then later on NPR had a segment about how backwards some small town in Mississippi is for not allowing a gay bar to open up business. (And I agree that it is backwards to not let a bar open up, because it is a gay bar)

NPR - spin to make the foreign Muslim location look better than the obviously better conservative American area.

NPR is propaganda. They don't so much deliver the news as much as try to shape your thoughts towards a leftist agenda.

I would love to see the tolerance differences exhibited by having the NPR employees wear a T-Shirt in the native languages that states "I am a proud gay Jew" in both locations. I'd bet Mississippi would be more tolerant than Iran.

Old 12-24-2020, 08:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganmoon View Post
I was listening to NPR once and they had a segment on how Muslim Iran is tolerant and that you can be gay or other minority groups in Iran as long as you aren't openly gay or Jewish and how wonderful it is. Pure propaganda. Iran literally kills people for being gay by giving them the death penalty.

Then later on NPR had a segment about how backwards some small town in Mississippi is for not allowing a gay bar to open up business. (And I agree that it is backwards to not let a bar open up, because it is a gay bar)

NPR - spin to make the foreign Muslim location look better than the obviously better conservative American area.

NPR is propaganda. They don't so much deliver the news as much as try to shape your thoughts towards a leftist agenda.

I would love to see the tolerance differences exhibited by having the NPR employees wear a T-Shirt in the native languages that states "I am a proud gay Jew" in both locations. I'd bet Mississippi would be more tolerant than Iran.
???How is your little story even remotely classified as left?

Old 12-24-2020, 08:08 AM

6,895 posts, read 5,897,570 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
I do enjoy Toby Keiths songs of good times, slices of American life and Patriotism. What I don't enjoy are "songs" like this NPR top pick that objectifies women and enforces the theme of women using their bodies and sexuality to get what they want. What kind of message is that for girls?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TVRzk3VWOKY

Quote:
I got the money if you got the honey
Let's cut a deal let's make a plan
Who's your daddy? Who's your baby?
Who's your buddy? Who's your man?
You might've run on a little tough luck baby
Don't you sweat it
Everything is waiting inside for ya
You know I got it, so come and get it
Who's your daddy? Who's your baby?
Who's your buddy? And who's your friend?

Old 12-24-2020, 08:09 AM

26,651 posts, read 15,204,919 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thefragile View Post
???How is your little story even remotely classified as left?
The left has spun defense for and denied the nature of the philosophy of Islam. The left will attack conservatives at home for doing far less than Muslims routinely do.

Iran that kills gays is actually tolerant, Mississippi that doesn't kill gays but denies gay bar permits in one town is bad. NPR is Orwellian in nature.

Look at how NPR was Orwellian with the Hunter Biden story. Pure propaganda to push a political agenda and the tax payers fund it.

https://thepoliticalinsider.com/here...-the-election/

Old 12-24-2020, 08:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganmoon View Post
The left has spun defense for and denied the nature of the philosophy of Islam. The left will attack conservatives at home for doing far less than Muslims routinely do.

Iran that kills gays is actually tolerant, Mississippi that doesn't kill gays but denies gay bar permits in one town is bad. NPR is Orwellian in nature.

Look at how NPR was Orwellian with the Hunter Biden story. Pure propaganda to push a political agenda and the tax payers fund it.

https://thepoliticalinsider.com/here...-the-election/
Uh sorry no. I realize news stories & reporting news has become a foreign concept to you on the right. Now, can you provide specific examples of this left bias?

Old 12-24-2020, 08:17 AM

29,768 posts, read 14,825,913 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kristinas_Cap View Post
I just read the lyrics. It is a very feminist song that empowers woman in a more dominate, authoritive role in intimate situations where a male is the chosen partner and is submissive to the alpha female. So I think it was an excellent pick. Also, Cardio B has amazing poetry skills and an extensive vocabulary. A modern day Maya Angelou.

Also, if the lyrics are about her, she must have to change her underwear multiple times a day to keep up with that WAP
Cardi B is a talentless skank. If you want to truly listen to an empowered feminist, listen to Peaches, a Canadian feminist, visual artist, and musician.

Old 12-24-2020, 08:28 AM

9,434 posts, read 4,282,983 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieB.Good View Post
That would make misandrist, not misogynist.
Don’t use such big worlds. You’ll lose your audience.

On topic, the list came out a couple of weeks ago. It was a top 100 list with links to the associated videos. I spend the entire day going through it. Listened to stuff that was great and I would have never known about. A blessing in being turned on to some wonderful talent in just about every style - country, folk, electronic, rap, hip hop... what amazed me was all the crossover music. I personally love the country/ hip hop crossovers. They used a variety of music Critics to come up with their list.
Not sure if you can link to it if you are not a subscriber but it is so worth your attention.

Open your minds and your hearts and Stop being to critical about everything that isn’t Donald trump approved.

Old 12-24-2020, 08:36 AM

25,891 posts, read 16,608,063 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
NPR rates a song, and the rightwing goes crazy, shrieking "Defund! Defund!"

Just keep listening to Toby Keith and watching Newsmax TV. The adults are in charge now.

BTW, Cardi B is trash, and so is her song, but I noticed TIME also rated it one of the top songs of the year. Perhaps they rate this based on popularity, I don't know, nor do I really care.
Why does everything have to be a right and left issue? There are plenty of Democrats who are disgusted with this choice I’m sure.

The music industry died in the 90’s anyway. Now it’s all garbage.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies