Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-24-2020, 06:50 AM

2,774 posts, read 905,176 times

Advertisements

If there was ever any doubt that the plug should be pulled on public funding for NPR this should seal the deal, but it won't. Cardi B's big hit WAP, the actual title and lyrics of which would get me permanently banned from CD if I spelled them out, was their pick for #1 on their top 100 songs of 2020. You'd expect the lefty feminists to be screaming their outrage over the misogynistic theme of WAP, but instead we hear crickets.

https://www.dailywire.com/news/taxpa...t-song-of-2020
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-24-2020, 06:56 AM

7,444 posts, read 3,576,623 times
I just read the lyrics. It is a very feminist song that empowers woman in a more dominate, authoritive role in intimate situations where a male is the chosen partner and is submissive to the alpha female. So I think it was an excellent pick. Also, Cardio B has amazing poetry skills and an extensive vocabulary. A modern day Maya Angelou.

Also, if the lyrics are about her, she must have to change her underwear multiple times a day to keep up with that WAP

Old 12-24-2020, 06:58 AM

26,571 posts, read 15,136,083 times
Why does NPR get tax payer money. It is propaganda. Before the election Hunter Biden scandal is Russian disinformation, after the election when it can no longer help Trump it is legit.

Old 12-24-2020, 07:07 AM

24,550 posts, read 17,303,484 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganmoon View Post
Why does NPR get tax payer money. It is propaganda. Before the election Hunter Biden scandal is Russian disinformation, after the election when it can no longer help Trump it is legit.

I used to listen to NPR all day long at work and I grew tired of them celebrating everything Obama and when they weren't doing that they were bringing us the riveting stories of gay men growing up in the Middle East and the struggles they face.

I stopped listening on the weekdays but still enjoyed the weekend shows with Prairie Home Companion being at the top but when Trump came along even the entertaining/comedy shows like "wait wait don't tell me" turned into one long anti Trump negative propaganda segment. I still haven't given up entirely on it but there is no doubting that they are heavily biased towards the Left so you are right in asking "why does NPR get tax payer money" ?

If NPR is eligible for taxpayer money then Rush Limbaugh should also be. They are both biased.

NPR and their top song choice, I don't really care.

Old 12-24-2020, 07:09 AM

6,895 posts, read 5,878,306 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casey73 View Post
If there was ever any doubt that the plug should be pulled on public funding for NPR this should seal the deal, but it won't. Cardi B's big hit WAP, the actual title and lyrics of which would get me permanently banned from CD if I spelled them out, was their pick for #1 on their top 100 songs of 2020. You'd expect the lefty feminists to be screaming their outrage over the misogynistic theme of WAP, but instead we hear crickets.

The text of the actual article is responsive, haha:
Quote:
To no one's surprise, a pair of women honoring their own ladyparts and the pleasures they dish out and expect returned in spades drew the ire of the insecure, of zealots and moral grandstanders. The backlash, however inseparable from the song's cultural narrative, only bolsters the argument for its politics of pleasure. At its core, "WAP" is Cardi and Meg's assertion that their expression, both artistic and sexual, belongs to them and them alone. Such a filthy bit of joy may be born of entertainment, but it persists as necessity — fake prudishness be damned.
https://www.npr.org/2020/12/03/93463...of-2020-page-5

Old 12-24-2020, 07:10 AM

9,701 posts, read 5,122,873 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casey73 View Post

B/c it's not misogynistic?

Old 12-24-2020, 07:13 AM

8,346 posts, read 7,053,677 times
Clutch those pearls harder, I guess.

Old 12-24-2020, 07:25 AM

14,485 posts, read 11,303,874 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieB.Good View Post
B/c it's not misogynistic?
I hope you don't have a small d-ck because Cardi B don't want that. She says so right in the song.

Whether you know it or not doesn't matter. A song like this does damage.

Old 12-24-2020, 07:26 AM

26,211 posts, read 19,555,269 times
NPR rates a song, and the rightwing goes crazy, shrieking "Defund! Defund!"

Just keep listening to Toby Keith and watching Newsmax TV. The adults are in charge now.

BTW, Cardi B is trash, and so is her song, but I noticed TIME also rated it one of the top songs of the year. Perhaps they rate this based on popularity, I don't know, nor do I really care.

Old 12-24-2020, 07:26 AM

9,701 posts, read 5,122,873 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Joshua View Post
I hope you don't have a small d-ck because Cardi B don't want that. She says so right in the song.

Whether you know it or not doesn't matter. A song like this does damage.
That would make misandrist, not misogynist.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies