Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Should Cohen get a pardon?
Yes 4 26.67%
No 9 60.00%
He should get more time in prison 0 0%
He should be deported 2 13.33%
Voters: 15. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-24-2020, 07:04 AM

6,346 posts, read 2,900,201 times

Advertisements

Cry me a river! This is what happens to back stabbing rats. Now he whining that the system is broken because he stabbed a client in the back!

Quote:
Ex-Trump lawyer left out of pardons despite cooperating with authorities says ‘system is broken'

Michael Cohen, Donald Trump’s former lawyer and “fixer” on Wednesday said the criminal justice system is broken as pardons were announced for the outgoing president’s allies and friends who never cooperated with authorities unlike him.

“What happened tonight shows how broken the whole criminal justice system is. Despite me and family being threatened by [POTUS] [Donald Trump], I still cooperated with a dozen federal/state agencies, Mueller, Congress... and all these criminals receive #pardons. This is wrong!” tweeted Mr Cohen.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/w...-b1778502.html
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-24-2020, 07:54 AM

21,430 posts, read 7,459,324 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mascoma View Post
Cry me a river! This is what happens to back stabbing rats. Now he whining that the system is broken because he stabbed a client in the back!

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/w...-b1778502.html
Thanks for admitting Trump is guilty.

We will not rest until Trump is brought to justice for his crimes.

Old 12-24-2020, 08:16 AM

16,603 posts, read 8,615,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hesychios View Post

You guys are too much. I remember when Bush was considered a "war criminal" by the left, yet they overlook everything Bill Clinton and Obama did.
To have any credibility, one must be willing to g after corruption regardless of which side f the aisle they are ideologically aligned with.

As to pardons, I don't see how Cohen can rail against Trump pardoning certain people, and not others. I doubt very seriously he could have expected to be on Trump's list, considering the furor with which Cohen seemed to try and go after Trump with.
You do not spit in someone's face, then expect a favor for it.

Lastly, while the potus is given great latitude with pardons, some of the people who get pardons (by any president) have made a lot of people sick. That is especially when criminals who everyone can agree were guilty, get off without serving their full terms.

`

Old 12-24-2020, 08:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vector1 View Post
As to pardons, I don't see how Cohen can rail against Trump pardoning certain people, and not others. I doubt very seriously he could have expected to be on Trump's list, considering the furor with which Cohen seemed to try and go after Trump with.
You do not spit in someone's face, then expect a favor for it.
This Cohen guy really thinks he's special. Some heavy duty reporting here by Vanity Fair:

“Hand Them a S--t Pie So Gross They Will Choke on It”: Michael Cohen Predicts Trump’s Post-Presidency Legal Drama

https://www.vanityfair.com/news/2020...cy-legal-drama

Old 12-24-2020, 08:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vector1 View Post
Quote:

You guys are too much. I remember when Bush was considered a "war criminal" by the left`
Not on "the left" ... sorry.

I want Trump prosecuted for his crimes. His MANY crimes.

Old 12-24-2020, 08:44 AM

Quote:
This Cohen guy really thinks he's special.
Cohen went to JAIL ...

For a crime he committed alongside Trump. Trump is 'Individual ONE'. Trump should be in jail for what he did.

Feds Accuse Individual-1—Also Known as Trump—of a Crime in Michael Cohen’s Sentencing Memo

The Department of Justice is prevented from indicting a sitting president. That is the only reason he did not go to trial alongside Cohen. It is also why Robert Muller could not charge him.

Yet the crimes are a matter of public record, and after January 20 that horn dog will be prosecutable.

Is it any wonder that man Trump is contemplating and even advocating the overthrow of our government? He is headed either for a jail or a throne. Which will it be?

Old 12-24-2020, 11:39 AM

Quote:
Cohen went to JAIL ...
He should still be there. Trump's not in jail because he didn't commit a crime. See how simple that is?

Old 12-24-2020, 12:02 PM

4,603 posts, read 6,366,715 times
Quote:
He should still be there. Trump's not in jail because he didn't commit a crime. See how simple that is?
Because two monkeys see no evil, hear no evil, doesn't mean the third is not speaking evil....the third one exudes evil.

exude: verb; to cause to ooze or spread out in all directions.

Regards
Gemstone1

Old 12-24-2020, 12:05 PM

6,131 posts, read 7,988,699 times
Quote:
The only reason Trump's not in jail may be that he's still the president. For a little while.

Old 12-24-2020, 12:06 PM

1,227 posts, read 633,802 times
Quote:

Don’t worry you’ll have more important issues keeping you from resting once China Joe is in office.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies