Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-28-2020, 02:20 PM

73,143 posts, read 62,844,973 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by FirebirdCamaro1220 View Post
You're right about Upstate. I was a Rochester native (Monroe County), left for Phoenix 2 weeks after graduating high school, that was 19 1/2 years ago
An old friend of mine is from Rochester. She left Rochester and never lived there again. According to her, some old classmates of hers got into drugs and other issues. I didn't know much about Rochester until I watched a documentary about the Rochester race riot of 1964. I didn't even know Kodak had its headquarters there until I watched that documentary. I was like "WOW".
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-28-2020, 02:30 PM

889 posts, read 273,929 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
Georgia is already changing before everyone's very eyes. Georgia flipping blue was only a matter of time. People moving to Georgia have been a factor. Furthermore, people moving from other states has changed the demographics of Georgia.

Georgia (1990)
70% White
27% Black
1.2% Asian
1.7% Hispanic

Georgia (2019)
51.8% White
31.9% Black
4.1% Asian
9.8% Hispanic

Demographics are playing a bigger role in Georgia changing that Schumer thinks. A large Black population (close to 32%) along side rapidly increasing Hispanic and Asian populations is playing a big role. Whites migrating from other states is playing a role, this cannot be doubted. White migrants from other parts of the country do tend to vote Democrat in higher numbers relative to Georgia-born Whites. Blacks are also moving to Georgia from other states (including other southern states), and tend to support Democrats to the tune of 90%.
enjoy! you all will be speaking spanish soon!! because population drives consumer needs. companies dont want to lose out on that demographic, so cater to it. its here in CA. 90% of jobs in my field require spanish.

i dont understand how after 50 years of heavy migration and assimilation the 2nd and 3rd generation mexicans dont speak english. i was fine with immigration until i realized that would turn CA into mexico.

do yourselves a favor and insist on ENGLISH!!!!

Old 12-28-2020, 02:33 PM

73,143 posts, read 62,844,973 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Veritas Lux Mea View Post
enjoy! you all will be speaking spanish soon!! because population drives consumer needs. companies dont want to lose out on that demographic, so cater to it. its here in CA. 90% of jobs in my field require spanish.

i dont understand how after 50 years of heavy migration and assimilation the 2nd and 3rd generation mexicans dont speak english. i was fine with immigration until i realized that would turn CA into mexico.

do yourselves a favor and insist on ENGLISH!!!!
I know some Spanish. I've learned a bit of Spanish. I know more French though. I actually don't mind learning more Spanish, and I've used several opportunities to practice what Spanish I know. Speaking Spanish doesn't bother me (I've actually considering buying some property in Costa Rica or Ecuador). And something else. I've never met a 2nd or 3rd generation Mexican-American who didn't speak English. I've met a few 2nd/3rd generation Mexican-Americans who spoke poor Spanish.

Now ask yourself this. If you want the Republican Party to win, what strategy do you think should be used? You need to think about this because Georgia's non-White population has grown significantly. In spite of the large growth of Hispanics and Asians in Georgia, Blacks still comprise the lion's share of Georgia's minority population, and is continuing to grow. Ask yourself how you think the GOP would be able to retain power in Georgia.

Old 12-28-2020, 02:38 PM

19,387 posts, read 6,534,898 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beach Sportsfan View Post
Well there still Mississippi and West Virginia. I’m sure people are rushing to move to these wonderful Red States.
I could just as well make a condescending, mocking remark about the wonderful Blue Cities of Detroit and Baltimore. Or Chicago. Or St. Louis.

There are plenty of wonderful red states in which to live. I’ve had friends who were fed up with the liberal nonsense in the DC area, and one moved to Texas and the other to Arizona. They’re both really happy, although they are concerned that the Californians fleeing the leftist nonsense may permanently turn their states blue.

Old 12-28-2020, 02:40 PM

i wish 20% of CA would either leave or work from home. that would solve 2 of CAs problems.

during the covid lockdown the air has been clean and the traffic nice!

Old 12-28-2020, 02:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nattering Heights View Post
Moving to Florida is a story that will end in very salty tears as the ocean rises.
i keep waiting for my beachfront property.... you cant control climate but we CAN stop dumping crap in the water!

Old 12-28-2020, 02:45 PM

19,387 posts, read 6,534,898 times
Quote:
I know some Spanish. I've learned a bit of Spanish. I know more French though. I actually don't mind learning more Spanish, and I've used several opportunities to practice what Spanish I know. Speaking Spanish doesn't bother me (I've actually considering buying some property in Costa Rica or Ecuador). And something else. I've never met a 2nd or 3rd generation Mexican-American who didn't speak English. I've met a few 2nd/3rd generation Mexican-Americans who spoke poor Spanish.

Now ask yourself this. If you want the Republican Party to win, what strategy do you think should be used? You need to think about this because Georgia's non-White population has grown significantly. In spite of the large growth of Hispanics and Asians in Georgia, Blacks still comprise the lion's share of Georgia's minority population, and is continuing to grow. Ask yourself how you think the GOP would be able to retain power in Georgia.
I would like to see people stop defining everything through the prism of race, and what it takes to get black people to vote for them. Not everything is about race, and this constant focus on what people should do to help blacks, and blacks only, ignoring or even at the expense of whites, is actually driving anti-white sentiment in this country. The latest ridiculous proposal is to count whites as “half-people,” giving them just 1/2 a vote while black people, now apparently seen as superior, get a full vote. THAT is how extreme some of the racist thinking is among the far-left.

What next? A dark-toned black, a full vote vote; a medium-toned black, a 3/4 vote; and a white, 1/2 vote. You’d show up at the polling station and they will match your skin to a PMS chart on the wall to know how much to weight your vote.

Old 12-28-2020, 02:53 PM

Quote:

wish i had taken spanish! my kids speak it pretty well, i insisted they take it. but im old and its too late for me!

i think the stink of the republican party (perceived stink) has ruined the shot for repubicans in georgia, sadly. i dont know the black demographic in georgia is, income wise. i would like to think the upper-middle class black voters go republican. but who knows how "woke" they and the white upper-middle class are there. its a real mixed bag there. unlike ca where we hand democrats the ticket every time.

as to how the GOP could retain power? get a new guy in there that can appeal to some aging blues!

Old 12-28-2020, 02:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel976 View Post
I could just as well make a condescending, mocking remark about the wonderful Blue Cities of Detroit and Baltimore. Or Chicago. Or St. Louis.

There are plenty of wonderful red states in which to live. I’ve had friends who were fed up with the liberal nonsense in the DC area, and one moved to Texas and the other to Arizona. They’re both really happy, although they are concerned that the Californians fleeing the leftist nonsense may permanently turn their states blue.
oh CA is the blue wave coming to infect the country like the blob!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies