Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-23-2021, 08:41 AM

10,341 posts, read 5,875,951 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Let’s try to have a civil conversation here. No need to rant about the left or right. No need for name calling.
I guess you forgot where you were.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-23-2021, 08:45 AM

63,011 posts, read 29,203,719 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RbccL View Post
I guess you forgot where you were.
Not sure what this means or where this picture was taken, however there only a couple of blonde haired, blue-eyed kids in the picture.

Old 01-23-2021, 08:52 AM

830 posts, read 487,707 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhyRUMad View Post
I’ve traveled the world and only in the US do I see so much hate between political parties and even between individual states and people of different ethnicities. Why so? Why do us Americans put so much energy into foaming at the mouth hate?

I believe it may partially be due to US citizen’s mass infatuation with social media and news networks that are more opinion pieces looking for high ratings (aka money) than getting out facts and actual news. This all divides us even more.

Let’s try to have a civil conversation here. No need to rant about the left or right. No need for name calling.

Why is there so much hate in the USA? What is causing it?
I've also traveled all over the world and disagree with your premise. You say you've "traveled the world". Really? And you've not seen as much hate between political parties, individual states, and different ethnicities? You must not have been paying much attention.

If anything, the US stands out for the opposite reason. I would argue that it has the most diverse cities in the world and is one of the more racially harmonious nations that has ever existed.

Only recently has the United States and, more generally "the West" and other developed nations started to turn more towards racial hatred. IMO it's mostly due to social media (and the corporate media) enabling political parties to more efficiently manipulate their constituents. There is a long history of this being done (always and everywhere) by pitting groups against one another in an attempt to gain power and influence.

Old 01-23-2021, 08:58 AM

10,341 posts, read 5,875,951 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Not sure what this means or where this picture was taken, however there only a couple of blonde haired, blue-eyed kids in the picture.
Funny what people reveal about themselves .
It’s a playground. Where the humans behave childishly.

Why are you looking for blonde haired, blue eyed?

Old 01-23-2021, 09:32 AM

9,588 posts, read 5,851,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Galvatron99 View Post
The funny thing is that most of the people in the illegal immigration forum act like this
I would throw this assessment right back at illegal immigrants. To believe that one actually has the right to flout the laws of a foreign country by entering that country illegally and by choosing to remain there (when you know fine well you're breaking laws by doing so)?

I say this exemplifies an ''unwillingness to compromise," "an unwillingness to admit they were wrong," and a "win at all costs mentality."

And, considering that many illegals adamantly choose to ghettoize themselves, often make little attempt to learn the language of the land they CHOSE to enter illegally, and often exhibit racist attitudes toward those different from then in the country they Chose to enter illegally, I'd say they also show a "fear of those who live outside our cultural, racial, political circles."

I'm so tired of illegal immigrants being hailed as people deserving of admiration simply by "virtue" of them being illegal immigrants.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chacho_keva View Post
IMHO, to follow are some of the things possibly fueling this current wave of hatred:

- People's unwillingness to compromise (a trait society has learned from existing politicians). The "My way or the highway" mentality is now dominant

- People's unwillingness to be inclusive of others who don't look or think like them

- People's unwillingness to admit they were wrong. I don't know when this started but, an admission of wrongdoing is now looked down upon. My goodness. As the Bible says, "Pride comes before destruction (Proverbs 16;18)

- Society's unwillingness to engage in civil discourse for the sake of solving problems vs winning arguments

- The "win at all cost" mentality. Doing what's right is no longer imperative. Winning has become everything. As Quarterback Tom Brady sadly stated, "If you're not cheating, you're not trying." How despicable

- FEAR! Fear of those who live outside our cultural, racial, political circles

- Gullibility! Some people's level of gullibility is mind boggling. Example: A woman I personally know was told by a Christian Chiropractor that "God did not create us to grow old," and she believes every letter in that sentence

I'm sure there's more. But these are some of the things which immediately come to mind.

Old 01-23-2021, 09:39 AM
gg

26,137 posts, read 26,006,023 times
I think the real hate started when liberals created a hate towards anyone that voted for Trump by calling them ALL racist. That is calling over 70,000,000 people racist!!!!!! Hmmmm, sorry but that created quite a divide and probably won't heal. Then BLM on top of it with all that hate towards whites and police. I would say it is pretty clear where all this hate started. Firmly on the left. Now they have their little Capital Building protest to get all excited about and pretend those few hundred people represent 70,000,000 people. Yep, the left is at it again creating divide and hate. It is what they do best!

Old 01-23-2021, 09:53 AM

35,738 posts, read 21,100,137 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gg View Post
I think the real hate started when liberals created a hate towards anyone that voted for Trump by calling them ALL racist. That is calling over 70,000,000 people racist!!!!!! Hmmmm, sorry but that created quite a divide and probably won't heal. Then BLM on top of it with all that hate towards whites and police. I would say it is pretty clear where all this hate started. Firmly on the left. Now they have their little Capital Building protest to get all excited about and pretend those few hundred people represent 70,000,000 people. Yep, the left is at it again creating divide and hate. It is what they do best!
No darling. We have hate problem since day one. They hated the Irish- Italians-African Americans- Latinos - Asians. The Protestants, Catholics and Muslims. Men or women or those in between. Etc.
There’s is a problem - seek the mirror and ask why.

Old 01-23-2021, 09:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chacho_keva View Post
So basically, as long as illegals are not from countries south of the US border, it's all good, right?

This is awesome news! I am forwarding your post to my cousins in Azerbaijan, France, Armenia, and Sierra Leon as we speak. They were wondering if entering the US via Mexico was a good idea. Thanks for confirming that it's not. They will be coming through the US East Coast, Canada, and Hawaii. They will fit in perfectly within weeks. Trust me!

Oh! And I will let them know to state they are against the Paris Climate Agreement when/if they are asked by Customs and Immigration Officials. They are such a shoe-in!

Thanks buddy! My cousins will owe you and me big!

How are your friends going to enter the US through Canada? As a LEGAL immigrant from Canada, I SO want to hear this.

Because this tells me that *I* could have arrogantly disregarded US law and snuck across the border when *I* decided that *I* wanted to move to the US. Because, ya know, that's what *I* wanted, so *I* have the right to do that. What a fool am I to have, like, gone through the legal process to come to the US.

And, FWIW, if there are ANY immigrants who "fit in perfectly within weeks"? It's Canadians. Heck, we're 95% assimilated before we even arrive.

Last edited by newdixiegirl; 01-23-2021 at 10:11 AM..

Old 01-23-2021, 09:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ManApplet View Post
Why is there so much Hate in the United States?????? Because there are so many racists. duh.
Who are the "racists"?

Old 01-23-2021, 10:02 AM

1,930 posts, read 560,670 times
Not everyone likes the same food, clothes, cars, occupations, religion, politics, government.
Not everyone is of the same class, education, intellect, motivation.
Not everyone has the same views on sexuality, abortions, crime and punishment, legal vs illegal, law and order vs mob rule .......
.......and that is just among Americans. Introducing other cultures with their divisions both within their own and living among yet many additional cultures with their divisions, and some wonder why everyone doesn't get along. America never has been the "melting pot" of the world, it's always been a culturally separated land with each having its own territory(neighborhoods).

It's called diversity, embraced by government and some of its people, policies put in place to (supposedly) keep everyone happy, (if not everyone, at least the minority). It's ridiculous to think there will be no controversy in areas so differentiated by cultural diversity, and even more so with government attempting to legislate 'one size fits all' policies for all people, which suggest everyone must accept even that which they don't support.

Why isn't everyone happy? What could possibly go wrong?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies