Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-09-2021, 09:28 AM

29,486 posts, read 14,650,004 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by newdixiegirl View Post
Sorry, OG. But I gotta disagree with you here.

The hate comes equally from the left AND right. What just happened a couple of days ago, almost 2 weeks before the new administration begins?

Perhaps citizens like me who didn't grow up here are able to have more of an objective view the US, idk. But, from what I see, it seems too many Americans aren't happy unless they're raging about something -- often about the wrong things. Meanwhile, problems that really DO need attention are allowed to fester.
I disagree on the "equally" thing. And yes, hate did rise up the other day. Again, I don't condone what happened but angst on the right has been festering the last four years. We've watched the left berate, ridicule and insult anything and anyone that didn't follow along with them. It's basically the bullied finally standing up. In this case though, those that stood up, were definitely misguided and destroyed whatever platform they had to stand on. Just like the leftists, many are everything they blame others to be. Those RW individuals brought themselves down to that same level.

I completely agree with the bolded.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-09-2021, 09:34 AM

9,588 posts, read 5,842,106 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
Because the left are Nazi wanna be's, liars, thieves, intolerant, (at this point, I don't tolerate any of them, at all in any capacity, anymore, either, but I never said I was "tolerant of everybody" like they do), scam and scum, and essentially useless.

No, newdixiegirl, I'm not "raging", I just flat out hate the left. Period. I don't care about the left. I don't care what happens to any of them. I don't care about their little day to day lives, I don't care what they like, what they don't like, they are subhuman to me.

They act like chimpanzees in the zoo, and that is how I will treat them from here on out.
I can certainly understand why you feel the Left is completely intolerant --and I say that as a left-leaning person. Really. The Left can annoy the hell out of me.

But if the Left is the only problem, as many American conservatives see it, why don't we see the same constant strife, the NEVERENDING dissension, in other Western countries? Why is that 99% of it comes from the United States (yes, 99% of it. It doesn't come any other advanced, Western country).

Old 01-09-2021, 09:38 AM

27,566 posts, read 28,665,617 times
Quote:
I can certainly understand why you feel the Left is completely intolerant --and I say that as a left-leaning person. Really. The Left can annoy the hell out of me.

But if the Left is the only problem, as many American conservatives see it, why don't we see the same constant strife, the NEVERENDING dissension, in other Western countries? Why is that 99% of it comes from the United States (yes, 99% of it. It doesn't come any other advanced, Western country).
Because no other western country has the level of perpetual illegal immigration that the United States has.

Old 01-09-2021, 09:42 AM

Location: Live:Downtown Phoenix, AZ/Work:Greater Los Angeles, CA
27,606 posts, read 14,604,784 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCityDreamer View Post
Because no other western country has the level of perpetual illegal immigration that the United States has.
That's mainly because of our unique geography. During the Cold War, there was a lot of illegal immigration out of the Iron Curtain to Western Europe. And during WWII, there was a lot of illegal immigration from Eastern Europe to the British Mandate of Palestine (now known as Israel)

Old 01-09-2021, 09:43 AM

9,588 posts, read 5,842,106 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCityDreamer View Post
Do you really think that's it? I mean, I'm right there with conservatives on the issue of illegal immigration, but is that the only reason the US seems incapable of calm, rational problem solving?

Old 01-09-2021, 09:52 AM

18,466 posts, read 15,250,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FirebirdCamaro1220 View Post
That's mainly because of our unique geography. During the Cold War, there was a lot of illegal immigration out of the Iron Curtain to Western Europe. And during WWII, there was a lot of illegal immigration from Eastern Europe to the British Mandate of Palestine (now known as Israel)
Are you just saying that because it sounds good, or do you know for a fact that these other instances of immigration were illegal?

Perhaps these other people immigrated legally. You do realize that political refugees are often legitimate refugees, while economic refugees are often not, don’t you?

Old 01-09-2021, 09:55 AM

Location: Live:Downtown Phoenix, AZ/Work:Greater Los Angeles, CA
27,606 posts, read 14,604,784 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnesthesiaMD View Post
Are you just saying that because it sounds good, or do you know for a fact that these other instances of immigration were illegal?

Perhaps these other people immigrated legally. You do realize that political refugees are often legitimate refugees, while economic refugees are often not, don’t you?
These were instances of illegal immigration. For example, not all countries during the cold War recognized political refugees. Finland for example, would turn any wall jumpers in to the Soviets rather than take them in.

And yes, the pre 1948 wave of immigration to the British Mandate of Palestine was almost entirely illegal (at least during the war)

Old 01-09-2021, 11:02 AM

62,952 posts, read 29,141,740 times
Quote:
Sorry, OG. But I gotta disagree with you here.

The hate comes equally from the left AND right. What just happened a couple of days ago, almost 2 weeks before the new administration begins? Do you see this constant strife occurring in other advanced, Western countries? Why is the US such a freaking drama queen?

Perhaps citizens like me who didn't grow up here are able to have more of an objective view of the US, idk. But, from what I see, it seems too many Americans aren't happy unless they're raging about something -- often about the wrong things. Meanwhile, problems that really DO need attention are allowed to fester.
I respectfully disagree with you here also. The hate over the past 4 years has been mostly from the left. I don't condone what some Trump supporters did at the Capital building the other day but it's a far cry from what the left has done for 4 years now. I don't know how old you are but I grew up when we use to be able to disagree without the hatred and violence. It's sadly changed. Liberalism has eaten away at their brains and there is no sense of unity anymore.

Old 01-09-2021, 11:44 AM

10,098 posts, read 4,088,791 times
So many people see this through a "whites" versus "blacks" lens.

Nothing could be further from the truth.

I live in a very diverse place, and I have see hate from all manner of folks, directed at all manner of folks.

I've met blacks that hate Somalians, Asians who hate blacks, blacks who hate Asians, Mexicans who hate blacks.

The sad thing of this whole "whites are the only people capable of hate" are that our nations are the most accepting on the planet of non-whites.

Just today, I woke up to this lil news:

Elderly Somali woman pistol whipped, robbed by black woman

All that love and acceptance. They are saying the black woman has done a string of these violent robberies, and they are also implying it was a "hate crime". Yeah, but whites are the most evil people on the planet, and all that.

Old 01-10-2021, 01:13 AM

1,378 posts, read 737,631 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sprawling_Homeowner View Post
White supremacy exists in 2021 America? Is that why called a person of African ancestry the "N" word is a guaranteed way to lose one's job? But not so much if one uses racist words against whites or Asians?

Oh trust me, it happens if you say anything about any minority.

Quote:
Why are the words "xenophobic" and and "racist" tossed around so carelessly?

If millions of Americans were to illegally settle in Mexico (which could happen one day), and the locals object to this, I take it the locals are racist and xenophobic?
Well if the shoe fits...

Quote:
You and OG talk about the "legal way", but the reality is is that we aren't accepting any "legal" immigrants from any Latin American countries right now. So all that says is we need to tell them, "sorry, you lost the birth lottery, you'll just have to make lemons out of lemonade instead". I don't find that acceptable
It's not, but they don't care.

Quote:
Not just because of Covid, it's been years since we accepted legal immigrants from Latin American countries. And it's mainly because DHS and the State Department are only seeking rich immigrants or highly skilled ones (like doctors or engineers). If we had the same immigration rules 100 years ago as we do now, I would be living in the Czech Republic instead of America, as my unskilled Great Grandparents wouldn't have been allowed in the country. So show some heart
Yeah, if they have one. They don't care. It's almost like they forget that their ancestors came over here when they didn't have a right either.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies