Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-22-2021, 10:38 AM

1,265 posts, read 448,287 times

Advertisements

Double standards across the board breeds hate.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-22-2021, 10:44 AM

63,326 posts, read 29,403,826 times
I've been around for over 70 years and never in my life have I ever witnessed so much division and hatred in this country as I have seen today. We use to be able to discuss politics no matter what party you supported without the nasty labels and personal attacks and families and friends were not at odds with each other over it but because many have adopted this emotional, liberal point of view instead of common sense this is what we have today. The latter can't stand anything that is a conservative point of view or that reflects any of the good things about the past. They want to shred all of it and completely change it to their ideals including destroying our history whether it was bad or good. Why have the claims of racism reared it's ugly head again to? They act like we have never moved out of the 50's when we have come a long ways since then.

I think part of the problem is we are also too divided by culture and social beliefs and much of it is due to too much immigration too fast from countries whose differences in both of those areas are just not compatible with mainstream America and refuse to assimilate but instead embrace division. It started out with the immigration act of 1965 and just gained breakneck speed for decades and now we have come to this.

With our politicians and the media fueling the flames of this division I don't see a bright future for America. I guess many have forgotten this, "United we stand, divided we fall".

Old 01-22-2021, 10:47 AM

73,129 posts, read 62,969,043 times
History has bred alot of hatred and anger. Hate is nothing new to America.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Cincinnati_riots

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Election_riot_of_1874

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wilmin...ection_of_1898

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phoenix_election_riot

Old 01-22-2021, 10:47 AM

5,331 posts, read 6,121,925 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
I've been around for over 70 years and never in my life have I ever witnessed so much division and hatred in this country as I have seen today. We use to be able to discuss politics no matter what party you supported without the nasty labels and personal attacks and families and friends at odds with each other because many have adopted this emotional, liberal point of view instead of common sense. The latter can't stand anything that is a conservative point of view or that reflects the better morals of the past.

I think part of the problem is we are also too divided by culture and social beliefs and much of it is due to too much immigration too fast from countries whose differences in both of those areas are just not compatible with mainstream Americas and refuse to assimilate but instead embrace division. It started out with the immigration act of 1965 and just gained breakneck speed for decades and now we have come to this.

With our politicians and the media fueling the flames of this division I don't see a bright future for America. I guess many have forgotten this, "United we stand, divided we fall".
Oh please I know plenty of MAGA who don’t talk to family members because they don’t like Trump.

Stop with the my side is the good side and the other side is all wrong and evil garbage.. Politics has become like fanatical sport fans where you blindly stick up for your team and hate the other teams.

It’s childish

Old 01-22-2021, 10:49 AM

5,331 posts, read 6,121,925 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
It wouldn't call it mentally ill. I would say this. Many people look at anyone who thinks different from them as a threat. And in many cases, for good reason. People often don't trust each other, often look at the other party from the perspective of "what benefit is it to have them around" or "what threat do they pose".
I get that I also think media plays a huge role.

These people listen to echo chambers of how the other side is evil and trying to destroy the world and it gets people into a panic.

Old 01-22-2021, 10:51 AM

10,098 posts, read 4,125,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBT1980 View Post
To hate anyone because they have a different political ideology then you .

Marxism has killed 100 million (at least) people worldwide and still has people being killed because of it today.

Marxism is EVIL, period. No discussion about it. Pure evil.

And BLM are a Marxist organization: Black Lives Matter co-founder describes herself as ‘trained Marxist’

There is no middle ground there. We all must hate evil, and BLM is evil.

Old 01-22-2021, 10:51 AM

4,256 posts, read 3,801,371 times
Why is there so much hate? The media! plain and simple.

Old 01-22-2021, 10:53 AM

899 posts, read 546,800 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBT1980 View Post
Oh please I know plenty of MAGA who don’t talk to family members because they don’t like Trump.

Stop with the my side is the good side and the other side is all wrong and evil garbage.. Politics has become like fanatical sport fans where you blindly stick up for your tram and hate the other teams.

It’s childish
Not long ago there was a survey going around showing that 1/3 of Republicans wouldn't be happy with a child marrying someone with different views. For Democrats it was a full 1/2. One could infer from this that the Democrats are somewhat more likely to be hostile to different viewpoints. For what it's worth.

Old 01-22-2021, 11:14 AM

3,568 posts, read 4,423,505 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhyRUMad View Post
I’ve traveled the world and only in the US do I see so much hate between political parties and even between individual states and people of different ethnicities. Why so? Why do us Americans put so much energy into foaming at the mouth hate?

I believe it may partially be due to US citizen’s mass infatuation with social media and news networks that are more opinion pieces looking for high ratings (aka money) than getting out facts and actual news. This all divides us even more.

Let’s try to have a civil conversation here. No need to rant about the left or right. No need for name calling.

Why is there so much hate in the USA? What is causing it?
IMHO, to follow are some of the things possibly fueling this current wave of hatred:

- People's unwillingness to compromise (a trait society has learned from existing politicians). The "My way or the highway" mentality is now dominant

- People's unwillingness to be inclusive of others who don't look or think like them

- People's unwillingness to admit they were wrong. I don't know when this started but, an admission of wrongdoing is now looked down upon. My goodness. As the Bible says, "Pride comes before destruction (Proverbs 16;18)

- Society's unwillingness to engage in civil discourse for the sake of solving problems vs winning arguments

- The "win at all cost" mentality. Doing what's right is no longer imperative. Winning has become everything. As Quarterback Tom Brady sadly stated, "If you're not cheating, you're not trying." How despicable

- FEAR! Fear of those who live outside our cultural, racial, political circles

- Gullibility! Some people's level of gullibility is mind boggling. Example: A woman I personally know was told by a Christian Chiropractor that "God did not create us to grow old," and she believes every letter in that sentence

I'm sure there's more. But these are some of the things which immediately come to mind.

Old 01-22-2021, 12:25 PM

2,914 posts, read 2,074,189 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kavalier View Post
Marxism is evil.

Marxism has killed 100 million people (at least) worldwide and still has people in concentration camps today.

BLM is a Marxist organization.

Therefore, yes, I have absolutely hatred for them and anyone who supports them and their evil doctrine.
So be it.....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies