Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-25-2020, 03:51 PM

7,736 posts, read 4,999,386 times

Advertisements

We just had a video chat with my wife’s family in Kaunas Lithuania . My wife is from Kaunas They said that that basically cannot go anywhere . There’s police checkpoints everywhere. They said that police check papers at these checkpoints and they are completely shut down except to go grocery shopping . Makes me thank god we are in America . You cannot even get haircuts out there . If you are caught going to a neighboring village or city without permission. You get a 500 euro fine . Anyone else here this going on ? So thankful we live in America . Looks like they are back to the old stasi checkpoints out there for this.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-25-2020, 03:55 PM

3,672 posts, read 2,757,353 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmyp25 View Post
We just had a video chat with my wife’s family in Kaunas Lithuania . My wife is from Kaunas They said that that basically cannot go anywhere . There’s police checkpoints everywhere. They said that police check papers at these checkpoints and they are completely shut down except to go grocery shopping . Makes me thank god we are in America . You cannot even get haircuts out there . If you are caught going to a neighboring village or city without permission. You get a 500 euro fine . Anyone else here this going on ? So thankful we live in America . Looks like they are back to the old stasi checkpoints out there for this.
It may suck, but they will be back to normal and with much less deaths than us here in the US. It’s all “‘Merica! Freedom!” until your family member or yourself dies while gasping for air.

Old 12-25-2020, 03:56 PM

12,400 posts, read 8,183,617 times
Metro Manila was like that earlier in the pandemic. You had to get a pass from the Barangay Captain for the twice a week grocery shopping opportunities for a household. My brother in law passed away in that period and priest were not allowed to attend to him except the hospital chaplain. And only residents of his building were allowed to aid his survivors for the the burial as the extended family was locked out.

Old 12-25-2020, 04:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhyRUMad View Post
It may suck, but they will be back to normal and with much less deaths than us here in the US. It’s all “‘Merica! Freedom!” until your family member or yourself dies while gasping for air.
Well my wife's grandpa just was diagnosed with blood cancer out there .. He is 80 yo. We were suppose to be there in June but our flight was cancelled.

Her grandpa and Grandma are on the family farm in the middle of nowhere. Ive been been there. Nobody can visit him.

He kept saying today (in lithuanian). When can you come visit me . We want you here!! It sucks bad! Hopefully things change by summer.

Giving your freedom of movement away in the sake of a virus , is absurd. Especially when these leaders pushing this are getting their haircuts, dining , and doing every form of freedom that they want to take away from you in the sake of this virus that has a 99% survival rate.

Old 12-25-2020, 04:16 PM

3,672 posts, read 2,757,353 times
Quote:
Well my wife's grandpa just was diagnosed with blood cancer out there .. He is 80 yo. We were suppose to be there in June but our flight was cancelled.

Her grandpa and Grandma are on the family farm in the middle of nowhere. Ive been been there. Nobody can visit him.

He kept saying today (in lithuanian). When can you come visit me . We want you here!! It sucks bad! Hopefully things change by summer.

Giving your freedom of movement away in the sake of a virus , is absurd. Especially when these leaders pushing this are getting their haircuts, dining , and doing every form of freedom that they want to take away from you in the sake of this virus that has a 99% survival rate.
I wish your family the best. God bless.

Old 12-25-2020, 04:31 PM

Quote:
I wish your family the best. God bless.
God bless you and your family

Old 12-26-2020, 09:59 AM

6,274 posts, read 3,427,538 times
Quote:

Sounds kind of like what both the mayor and governor of New York are doing. I hear the mayor of NYC is send out hit squads to break up both christmas and new year eve parties....but hey he is allowing outdoor/sidewalk dinning at restaurants and parties in sub-freezing temperatures. BYOSS...bring your own snow shovel.

Old 12-26-2020, 10:05 AM

25,884 posts, read 18,904,112 times
Quote:
0.14% conditional mortality rate is not worth turning the world into a prison camp.

Old 12-26-2020, 10:10 AM

1,121 posts, read 519,228 times
I would love to see America TRY, and see what we do.

Old 12-26-2020, 10:46 AM

26,660 posts, read 13,776,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisC View Post
0.14% conditional mortality rate is not worth turning the world into a prison camp.
Exactly!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies