Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-26-2020, 09:25 AM

62,974 posts, read 29,170,163 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel976 View Post
That’s another ploy of leftists. When they’re faced with a truism, and they don’t go the sarcastic route, they try to attack the messenger. Notice that the leftist didn’t debate the point??
Ain't that the truth! You see it all the time in this forum. When the lefty liberals are presented with the facts and they can't deny or debate them they resort to either sarcasm or personal attacks. Like a bunch of kids on a kindergarten playground.

Old 12-26-2020, 09:42 AM

2,490 posts, read 2,546,943 times
Funny considering California has a bigger economy than some countries and is responsible for a large portion of America’s economy.

Old 12-26-2020, 11:40 AM

5,462 posts, read 3,038,559 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerGeek40 View Post
Tucker averages about 4.37 million viewers on every episode.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/markjoy...h=539a5bc1643a

Do you want to rethink your ridiculous statement???
Of course there are 73 million of you. But 81 is bigger than that

Old 12-26-2020, 11:43 AM

5,462 posts, read 3,038,559 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
There are milder weather states one can move to like Arkansas, Alabama, Kentucky, etc. I have been eyeing Arkansas for some time now. Of course there is the humidity in those states but cooler summers than So. Calif. and the winters aren't all that bad.
Wat about ok, ms, mo etc? Take some wall papers if the cali scenery with you

Old 12-26-2020, 12:51 PM

62,974 posts, read 29,170,163 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shanv3 View Post
Wat about ok, ms, mo etc? Take some wall papers if the cali scenery with you
Those states except for MS are too far north so their winters are more severe. Would rather not live on a coastline where they get hurricanes either. I favor Arkansas above all of them.

Old 12-26-2020, 12:53 PM

648 posts, read 432,226 times
Did Tucker sell his condo in Malibu?

Old 12-26-2020, 01:14 PM

19,429 posts, read 15,255,619 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel976 View Post
^^^ Leftists get sarcastic when they know the truth is being spoken, and they have no way to debate it.
I'm not a leftist, and there was not even a hint of sarcasm in my post. I was actually going for a little humor. We see how well that went.

I love my beautiful California and I hate what they're doing to it.

Old 12-26-2020, 02:17 PM

10,834 posts, read 14,941,887 times
I was born in Redwood City, California in 1948 as were my mother and father before me. I am a fifth generation Californian my great great grandfather having jumped a Russian whaling ship in San Francisco two years before the gold rush in 1846.

I've lived in San Carlos, Menlo Park, Palo Alto, Santa Clara and even Santa Cruz for a very short period of time.

I remember it a perfect place to grow up when the El Camino was a two lane road with orchards on each side between the metropolitan areas of Palo Alto, Mountain View, Sunnyvale and Santa Clara. Orchards where pears and prunes where I would go pick fruit to make extra money in summer.

I remember nothing but orchards and string bean fields all around the San Jose airport. We used to make fun about people who lived in Milpitas because it was so far out in the sticks.

First place I lived was this house in San Carlos.

Two bedroom, single bath, one car garage and I do remember my bedroom window was at the far right corner of the house.

My grandfather was was the developer who built these homes and this particular one he sold for $9,000.

Today it is valued at $1.7 million. Who can afford to live there?

First house my parents purchased was a four bedroom, two bath home in Santa Clara for $29,900 in 1960.

My family was in two states... California and South Dakota. My grandmother on my mothers side moved from South Dakota to Palo Alto when she was a young girl around 1910.

Today with the exception of one aunt who is 95 and two cousins everyone has left the golden state. It seems that Arizona and Idaho got the great majority of the refugees.

Every three to five years we go visit the few relatives we have left and like anyone we drive around looking at the homes we used to live in. I can hardly recognize it anymore. It's like a foreign land.

Old 12-26-2020, 03:13 PM

52,287 posts, read 52,723,379 times
Tucker is not wrong. I'm a ca native and about ten yrs ago I noticed that things were on the decline. More and more big companies are leaving. Ca is rife for a serious brain drain. More and more middle and upper middle class people are leaving and taking their talents and tax revenue with them. More and more low skilled people from the countries south of the border are eagerly taking their places. I have no real beef with these people coming here. It's our management that is the problem.

The 0.1% billionaire class has already gutted the the lower middle class, now with the changes made to the h1b1 visa, expect the middle class stem people to start taking a hit.

These people won't be happy until they get it all and our politicians are selling us all out getting rich on our expense.

Old 12-26-2020, 05:55 PM

7,072 posts, read 9,625,231 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WK91 View Post
I wouldn’t care at all if the people that left there fully understood that it was disastrous Democratic policies that ruined their state and that they would vow not to repeat it in their new home.

Sadly, they keep voting the same way. I know, because my state (AZ) is going down the same road due to all the Californians moving in.

Where are we all going to run to next to flee these new Democratic policies in Arizona? We are quickly running out of states.
The city of Detroit has been voting Democratic since 1962. Nobody learned the lesson from that disaster.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies