Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-30-2020, 09:20 AM

4,415 posts, read 2,936,234 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mestor View Post
By 2040 ppl of color will be the MAJORITY in this country and white ppl will be called the MINORITY and may need Affirmative Action. Lets have a chat then. See you soon.
White people are the minority in cities like Chicago and still have affirmative action rammed down their throats and black people have even more issues than throughout America. That’s after having now almost all black elected leaders. And people of every race there are rightfully afraid that any altercation with a black male could end up very bad for them.

Last edited by Berteau; 12-30-2020 at 09:38 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-30-2020, 09:58 AM

14,479 posts, read 11,272,235 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eliza61nyc View Post
I guess I'm an outlier, my siblings were not allowed to lie and accuse people of stuff. Neither was I

Why does the "victim" have to prove their innocence?
How about this, how about she have said " oh excuse me but I think that's my phone".

I love how the person being"assaulted" (for lack of a better word) has to be responsible for the violence.

He did NOT CHOOSE to be offended, his son was assaulted and accused of committing a crime, yes in my world, that's offensive
As I’ve already said, it probably started out as a “hey I think you took my phone”, I guess we’ll never know because the video starts when it is already getting physical.

Active self protection dictates you should always seek to defuse the situation even if it means you have to swallow some pride or outrage. Anything beyond that is stupid, but I guess there are a lot of people here who think the stupid path is the one to take.

Show the idiot woman that the phone is not hers and then get you child out of harm’s way.

Old 12-30-2020, 10:09 AM

14,479 posts, read 11,272,235 times
Quote:
By 2040 ppl of color will be the MAJORITY in this country and white ppl will be called the MINORITY and may need Affirmative Action. Lets have a chat then. See you soon.
Who are people of color?

Old 12-30-2020, 10:21 AM

11,336 posts, read 16,691,416 times
There was a freakin news conference with sharpton there.

This incident has nothing to do with race.

If you think otherwise, prove it and not just say it was Spanish against Black.

Old 12-30-2020, 10:23 AM

25,838 posts, read 16,513,155 times
How can this be 14 pages long and why does anyone care about this?

Old 12-30-2020, 10:45 AM

3,677 posts, read 2,558,410 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Joshua View Post
As I’ve already said, it probably started out as a “hey I think you took my phone”, I guess we’ll never know because the video starts when it is already getting physical.

Active self protection dictates you should always seek to defuse the situation even if it means you have to swallow some pride or outrage. Anything beyond that is stupid, but I guess there are a lot of people here who think the stupid path is the one to take.

Show the idiot woman that the phone is not hers and then get you child out of harm’s way.
And again who's fault was that. Let's say it did start out like that, the kid then said "no it's my phone".
At that point SHE ramped it up.

He did try to defuse the situation, father and son tried to leave. SHE lunged at them.

For me it's not about pride, no I do not show perfect strangers in a hotel my possessions. I do not open my pocket book because someone "thinks" I stole something.
I do not hand over my possessions to strangers. It's that simple
Now I'm perfectly willing to wait nicely while the police arrive but no I am not emptying my pockets, letting you look inside my bag or giving you anything to prove crap to a stranger.

Lol I don't even give strangers my NAME until I know why

Now I m glad you acquiesce to perfect strangers demanding stuff from you, all I can say that works for you.
It's all good

I'm glad she's being charged and I hope she thinks about the ramifications the next time she loses her cell, which I'm sure will happen

Last edited by eliza61nyc; 12-30-2020 at 10:58 AM..

Old 12-30-2020, 10:59 AM

37,952 posts, read 17,848,920 times
Quote:
I dont have anything to prove to you, and Im not about to change your mind. Have a great day. Be happy. I am.
Because you have no proof. Just silly anecdotes that are rare.

Old 12-30-2020, 11:04 AM

37,952 posts, read 17,848,920 times
Quote:
Also, Toni Morrison said something interesting to white ppl, particularly racists. It was

"So in the absence of me, what are you? In the absence of black people, talking about them, concerning yourself with them, identifying against them, trying to prove racism is less that it is, what are YOU? What have you accomplished? What is your identity apart from what you hate or rail against?"
What you refuse to get, is it has nothing to do with skin color and everything to do with how one is raised. 70% of black children are raised in a single parent environment. THAT is why , as a group blacks are less educated, make less money, and commit crimes at a much higher rate than any other group.

Quote:
Its a good question. So many white ppl spend day and night talking about black crime, black finances, black songs (WAP) etc. You would thing with the world a white oyster, they would be off having fun, never concerned about "black things" and remain in their white bubble.
No they don't spend day and night talking. That's just a silly statement you made up and you have no proof of this.

Quote:
Its really deep ... and Im not that invested in explaining it. But I do often observe how black ppl, simply being black, wherever they are, is desperately interesting and a topic to white ppl who should be having fun being white, NOT talking about black ppl.
Like talking about BLM?

Quote:
btw im white.
Why does your skin color matter? Sounds racist

Old 12-30-2020, 01:46 PM

2,912 posts, read 2,044,609 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Berteau View Post
Wrong. Any altercation with a black person could ruin your life as a white person or get you killed. Now there’s going to be a press conference with the mayor and national attention just because it was a black person involved. Black privilege if you ask me. It ended up bad fOr the whiter girl, not the black boy. If anything a white woman is more likely to be killed by a black male teen than any danger to the black male teen. Just look at the statistics. Imagine of all the resources devoted to this BS story were devoted to solving a black on black murder.
. Get real.
It's only "privilege" if he was in the wrong and got away with it, but he wasn't. Have you ever heard the term "driving while black"?

Old 12-30-2020, 01:49 PM

2,912 posts, read 2,044,609 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Berteau View Post
Affirmative action is a black privilege also. There ya go.
Affirmative action isn't strictly for black people...smh

Affirmative Action: "the practice or policy of favoring individuals belonging to groups known to have been discriminated against previously."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies