Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-11-2022, 04:20 PM

7,817 posts, read 2,899,917 times

Advertisements

Yeah, when we say the Democrats are turning us into a Third World country, we're not being hyperbolic.

Check this out:
Quote:

The United States Postal Service just announced they were suspending mail delivery for a neighborhood in Santa Monica, California after their mail carriers were getting assaulted:
https://therightscoop.com/how-bad-is...e-of-it-video/

Literally unprecedented. (Or at least I've never heard of such a thing.)

The Democrats really are as bad as we say they are.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-11-2022, 04:23 PM

41,016 posts, read 18,204,248 times
Great stuff. Hopefully they continue to take this precaution in the cesspool cities where these losers can’t behave properly.

Unfortunately the folks at the post office will have to deal with them. Perhaps metal detectors and bulletproof glass will be in order.

Old 04-11-2022, 04:27 PM

29,823 posts, read 24,902,718 times
I'm not saying Russia and Putin are the good guys, but I am more afraid of some of the things going on in this country than the people the US media is trying to distract me with. We have a lot of issues here in this country that get ignored, yet we are constantly distracted by international concerns that barely effect us unless we decide to get involved. And usually, these international concerns that don't effect my life go on to cost this country trillions.

At what point do we start investing some of our scarce and limited resources towards making America great, instead of constantly meddling in international affairs and dropping bombs on and/or drone striking people? I would rather see my country rise up the right way as a leader, a shining beacon of hope, instead of going around the world and creating misery and suffering, along with a new generation of enemies.

Old 04-11-2022, 04:28 PM

14,267 posts, read 6,954,430 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RhodyRepub View Post
Yeah, when we say the Democrats are turning us into a Third World country, we're not being hyperbolic.

Check this out:

https://therightscoop.com/how-bad-is...e-of-it-video/

Literally unprecedented. (Or at least I've never heard of such a thing.)

The Democrats really are as bad as we say they are
Here we go again. One instance of something happening in one neighborhood, and there you go blaming all Democrats.

I knew there was a reason I usually skip your "shocking, outrage" posts.

Old 04-11-2022, 04:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ansible90 View Post
Here we go again. One instance of something happening in one neighborhood, and there you go blaming all Democrats.

You're right.

There aren't patterns of crazy violence like this in Democrat cities all over the country or anything.

Who am I going to trust? You, or my lying eyes?

Feel free to continue "skipping" in the future.

Old 04-11-2022, 04:31 PM

14,226 posts, read 4,592,230 times
Quote:

Santa Monica isn't just a "neighborhood". It's an upper class beach city in Los Angeles County with the average home price of over 1 million dollar and a population of 100K.

Old 04-11-2022, 04:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Du Ma View Post
Santa Monica isn't just a "neighborhood". It's an upper class city in Los Angeles County with the average home price of over 1 million dollar and a population of 100K.

It also saw massive looting during the 2020 riots because, like, equity or something.

Yes.

It's the Democrats fault, they literally create these situations.

Old 04-11-2022, 04:33 PM

41,016 posts, read 18,204,248 times
Quote:

I’d wager just the beginning. Someone had to step up and start it. Such a shame for those that may be unable to get to the post office, but folks reap what they sow.

Old 04-11-2022, 04:33 PM

29,823 posts, read 24,902,718 times
Quote:

Imagine if everyone took that attitude about everything... Oh, only one room in my home is on fire, no biggie

I don't think you would be happy with that version of reality though.

Old 04-12-2022, 12:37 AM

2,284 posts, read 636,891 times
I used to live in Santa Monica, CA.

I went back in 2020.

The beach was full of homeless - the crazy kind. Every bench had homeless people sleeping on it. Tents of foul smelling homeless everywhere. Very few none-homeless could be seen. In some respects it was worse than nearby Venice Beach which was always known for this kind of thing.

I walked to nearby Starbucks, and due to COVID restrictions, had to drink outside. A homeless woman came into the outdoor area where everyone was trying to enjoy their coffee and began screaming at them, making no sense whatsoever.

The other patrons were doing their best to ignore her, but I felt uncomfortable so I told my partner we needed to go. We got up and left and our way we saw another homeless man mumbling to himself and then he began violently smacking his head on a wall. It all felt like something out of a hollywood movie.

I left Santa Monica, even as a tourist that place has no appeal to me. I can expect the same is true for residents, I cannot imagine property values rising with that kind of atmosphere.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies