Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-27-2020, 10:42 AM

29,515 posts, read 22,653,459 times

Advertisements

That woman is cray cray. As someone that was once falsely accused of wrongdoing, sure isn't a pleasant feeling. She could have at least apologized for her stupidity, even though she was thoroughly humiliated when the Uber driver returned her phone.

And, as per usual, immediate social media posting looking to name, shame, and get her life ruined as it will only be a short period of time before she is identified and her employer cans her (with the father claiming that he didn't think his Instagram posting would go viral and how he never wanted her to be fired and publicly shamed).

https://www.yahoo.com/news/karen-ass...142724876.html

Quote:
The teen is the son of trumpet player Keyon Harrold, who captured the incident of the erratic woman on video; The lost phone was later returned by an Uber driver

On Saturday, a white woman frantically accused a Black teen of stealing her iPhone at a New York City hotel, only to discover moments later that it was left behind in an Uber.

The teen is the son of Grammy-award winning trumpet player Keyon Harrold, who captured the incident of the woman lunging at him and his son on video.

In the video, posted on Harrold’s Instagram page, the unidentified woman is seen urgently telling the hotel manager that the 14-year-old had taken her phone. As the teenager said, “this is my phone,” Harrold intervened, telling him: “You don’t have to explain nothing to her.”

As she continued to frantically insist that it’s her phone and asked for it to be proven that it’s not, Harrold replied: “Are you kidding me? You feel like there’s only one iPhone in the world?”
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-27-2020, 11:06 AM

4,661 posts, read 1,952,568 times
Parents lie for their kids all the time, regardless if they are black or white. its pretty shameful but i and i am sure many people here have seen it. So taking the fathers word that it was his kids cell phone and him saying "you don't have to explain nothing to her" is just escalating a bad situation. If this happened to me(back too many years ago) my Father would have told me to show her the cell phone(2 sec to prove it was his) then told the lady to apologize for being wrong. If she refused to apologize at that point then there certainly would have been words. The advent of cell phone videos seems to make us all too quick to film it and escalate instead of trying to resolve. This is especially true when we "know" we are right and don't take even a second to see the situation from the other persons viewpoint.

Old 12-27-2020, 11:08 AM

648 posts, read 431,801 times
She been drinking again? big surprise. Good experience for the lad to learn about mental health issues first hand.

Old 12-27-2020, 11:15 AM

14,483 posts, read 11,282,562 times
I would have just had my kid show that it was his phone instead of making a big deal out of it, then perhaps try to help her find it. People get really crazy about their phones because their whole lives are on it.

Of course there was probably a little profiling going on here.

Old 12-27-2020, 02:50 PM

28,353 posts, read 16,381,866 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Joshua View Post
I would have just had my kid show that it was his phone instead of making a big deal out of it, then perhaps try to help her find it. People get really crazy about their phones because their whole lives are on it.

Of course there was probably a little profiling going on here.
You accuse me of having your phone based on.... well, nothing at all evidently, I wouldn't give you anything more than "No, it's not. Jog on...".

Old 12-27-2020, 02:54 PM

9,701 posts, read 5,112,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by remco67 View Post
Parents lie for their kids all the time, regardless if they are black or white. its pretty shameful but i and i am sure many people here have seen it. So taking the fathers word that it was his kids cell phone and him saying "you don't have to explain nothing to her" is just escalating a bad situation. If this happened to me(back too many years ago) my Father would have told me to show her the cell phone(2 sec to prove it was his) then told the lady to apologize for being wrong. If she refused to apologize at that point then there certainly would have been words. The advent of cell phone videos seems to make us all too quick to film it and escalate instead of trying to resolve. This is especially true when we "know" we are right and don't take even a second to see the situation from the other persons viewpoint.
Lol... I don't know. You sound like the people who refuse to wear masks bc it's your right to do so.

Regardless if it's you, this forum is filled with those types of people. We're going to see the same people agreeing with you here are the same ones who think it's an assault on their freedom and autonomy to just comply with what other people want them to do.

Old 12-27-2020, 09:35 PM

37,949 posts, read 17,865,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueTexan1977 View Post
Entitled white women and girls need to check their privileges.
And so do those who make racist posts like yours. If a white person was accused of theft this is no big deal. Get it?

Old 12-27-2020, 09:36 PM

37,949 posts, read 17,865,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by remco67 View Post
In America, one doesn't have to prove their innocence. We fought a Revolutionary War over things like that. But it's not up to me if you choose to bow down, you are free to do so in a civilized society.

Old 12-27-2020, 09:40 PM

648 posts, read 431,801 times
It all makes perfect sense to Karen, because she just a simple drunk.

Old 12-27-2020, 09:44 PM

10,181 posts, read 10,258,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueTexan1977 View Post
Entitled white women and girls need to check their privileges.
What does this have to do with race?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies