Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-30-2020, 08:14 PM

7,072 posts, read 9,609,396 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myghost View Post

Maybe youshould stop listening to your biased sources and seek confirmation before you post. Your experience is anecdotal. While it may be everything to you, it isnot relevant statistically.
Maybe you should learn to read. I had job offers from companies in southern California. The California pay was no better than what I was already being paid in Ohio. But the COL was much higher in southern California.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-31-2020, 07:04 AM

37,952 posts, read 17,848,920 times
Heck yea the red states are best. Just look at where I live in Texas.

"As of 2019, Texas had a total of $60 billion in state debt outstanding, which translates to about $2,000 owed per Texan. This debt has grown by 60% since 2010, which is nearly double the growth rate of population and inflation."

....sigh

"We suck but not as bad as your state" isn't really a rallying cry

Old 12-31-2020, 07:54 AM

5,316 posts, read 3,203,357 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ram2 View Post
Where did you get this incorrect information? It is the high cost blue states that pay lower. When I lived in Ohio, I researched jobs in southern California and none of them wanted to pay me more than I was already making in Ohio.
I don't know what you do for an occupation, but generally speaking blue states pay heads and shoulders above red states. Of course not "everybody" will make more but overall the wealth and education are centered in the blue states.

Here is median wage by state: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o..._and_mean_wage

Also keep in mind that the red states are more federally dependent than blue states therefore those making the money are paying towards those who are not. https://wallethub.com/edu/states-mos...overnment/2700

Old 12-31-2020, 07:57 AM

5,316 posts, read 3,203,357 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
Heck yea the red states are best. Just look at where I live in Texas.

"As of 2019, Texas had a total of $60 billion in state debt outstanding, which translates to about $2,000 owed per Texan. This debt has grown by 60% since 2010, which is nearly double the growth rate of population and inflation."

....sigh

"We suck but not as bad as your state" isn't really a rallying cry
"We used to be good with money" isn't really a rallying cry either.

Consequently, debt outstanding does not tell the whole story. While Texas has done relatively well managing its debt principal, compounding interest payments will force Texans to pay a total of $99 billion—65% more than the reported principal amount. https://www.texaspolicy.com/legestatedebt/

Old 12-31-2020, 07:59 AM

18,976 posts, read 7,001,756 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganmoon View Post
US Census Bureau estimates are in.

The states with the highest population growth:

-The top 5 have Republican Governors.
-9 of the top 12 have Republican Governors.

The states losing population/smallest growth:

-The worst 6 have Democratic Governors.
-9 of the worst 11 have Democratic Governors.
-14 of the worst 18 have Democratic Governors.

The problem is, people flee blue states, which are also the worst financially run and then vote for the same deadly policies. This population shift will make red states purple and then blue; accelerating our demise to Venezuela status.

https://www.census.gov/programs-surv...estimates.html
We can only hope that once they get a taste of freedom they recognize it as good.

Old 12-31-2020, 08:00 AM

26,660 posts, read 13,728,957 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganmoon View Post
US Census Bureau estimates are in.

The states with the highest population growth:

-The top 5 have Republican Governors.
-9 of the top 12 have Republican Governors.

The states losing population/smallest growth:

-The worst 6 have Democratic Governors.
-9 of the worst 11 have Democratic Governors.
-14 of the worst 18 have Democratic Governors.

The problem is, people flee blue states, which are also the worst financially run and then vote for the same deadly policies. This population shift will make red states purple and then blue; accelerating our demise to Venezuela status.

https://www.census.gov/programs-surv...estimates.html

I have day dreamed about leaving my blue state for a certain red state. We went from being one of the best economies to one of the worst.

People are still moving here in droves though making it more and more blue every minute. I liked our state much better when it was purple.

Old 12-31-2020, 08:05 AM

25,684 posts, read 18,770,132 times
A great justification for state sovereignty and closed borders.

Old 12-31-2020, 08:15 AM

7,083 posts, read 9,560,467 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LS Jaun View Post
Yep, Dems just F up everywhere they go. They couldn't just stop at screwing up Detroit, Philly, DC, Chicago, they next turned their sites on Minniapolis, Seattle, SF, LA, Portland
No. Reagan F'd up those cities with the war on drugs and Reaganomics which was the beginning of the new Jim Crow. Mass incarcerations decimated black communities.

Not even going to get into the fact that the CIA started the whole drug "war". Unless you think disenfranchised black people flew down to South America and made friends with drug cartels.

Old 12-31-2020, 08:19 AM

29 posts, read 22,853 times
I am willing to live anywhere that doesnt embrace thug culture or have people who annoy you in positions of power. Look at Birmingham and Baltimore. I rest my case.

Old 12-31-2020, 09:05 AM

37,952 posts, read 17,848,920 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoSox 15 View Post
"We used to be good with money" isn't really a rallying cry either.

Consequently, debt outstanding does not tell the whole story. While Texas has done relatively well managing its debt principal, compounding interest payments will force Texans to pay a total of $99 billion—65% more than the reported principal amount. https://www.texaspolicy.com/legestatedebt/
Big government, the gift that keeps on taking. It always fails and both sides have their hand out.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies